Hungary fans last night

ANDY

Scum, but should of been expected. What started it? Our police are actually pathetic though. What is the point of paying them to be there if they’re going to do that? Millions spent on football policing and that’s the response when the police are actually needed? Did any of our fans get hurt?

• Like 1

They definitely come in the hope that it kicks off….  if there are a few genuine ‘fans’ it’s a shame for them that Hungary will probably get another ban etc. 

Hopefully they arrested several of them later on. 

Not great to see the police retreating and getting smacked… those sticks they had didn’t seem to deter them much. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Scum, but should of been expected. What started it? Our police are actually pathetic though. What is the point of paying them to be there if they’re going to do that? Millions spent on football policing and that’s the response when the police are actually needed? Did any of our fans get hurt?

They were outnumbered hugely. You'd need about another 100 cops minimum to deal with that, and that's just inside the group, plus the extra transport and outside costs too. They were obviously looking for grief 

The numbers available on a police front were pathetic. 

The amount of times I’ve been treat like a thug pushed around, hoarded like cattle when, literally nobody is kicking off is pathetic. Happens whenever there’s a game which remotely resembles a derby. 

Start kicking off and they stand back and whip the cameras out. 

Bully’s in a uniform when it comes to policing at football matches unfortunately.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

The numbers available on a police front were pathetic. 

The amount of times I’ve been treat like a thug pushed around, hoarded like cattle when, literally nobody is kicking off is pathetic. Happens whenever there’s a game which remotely resembles a derby. 

Start kicking off and they stand back and whip the cameras out. 

Bully’s in a uniform when it comes to policing at football matches unfortunately.

Looking at those pictures "literally nobody is kicking off" couldn't be further from the truth.

Hmmm. Can't help thinking that if this was our fans in a foreign stadium, they would have been sprayed with tear gas, batoned & dealt with very quickly and excessively, by heavily armoured riot police. Then either ejected / arrested or detained overnight for maximum inconvenience.

Although, I heard a report that most of the Hungarian supporters were from London! 

They probably got home before a lot of England fans.

Pretty pathetic from our police last night, but the CCTV inside Wembley must be good enough to find the culprits.

Luckily, a few Hungarians had balaclavas with them, because it did turn a bit nippy.......................:biggrin::ph34r:

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, markowl said:

Looking at those pictures "literally nobody is kicking off" couldn't be further from the truth.

Think you’ve misread my post.

I’m talking about localish away days. The police are massively overzealous with us and, other supporters around the country. When I come to simply supporting our team.

As soon as the poo hits the fan like yesterday, they’re quick to retreat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 0wl18 said:

Think you’ve misread my post.

I’m talking about localish away days. The police are massively overzealous with us and, other supporters around the country. When I come to simply supporting our team.

As soon as the poo hits the fan like yesterday, they’re quick to retreat.

I've been to away games where some of our coked up supporters are fighting amongst themselves, so I can sort of understand why the police might come across like they do.

Unfortunately a few idiots spoil it for the well behaved majority.

I would think there will be a lot of questions asked about this by the police and those in charge at Wembley. 

There seems to be a few failings overall… not taking the blame away from the main problem though, and that’s the severity of the hooligans… they seem a different breed to English ones and more along the lines of an organised crime gang. 

I don't know the full level of the police response but if that was the sum total then it was pretty pathetic tbh

I understand a few coppers cannot take on an entire section of fans and they probably had to retreat - but to let that be the end of the matter is ridiculous and were that the case then another real dagger into the rotting corpse of the already utterly discredited Met 

I'm hoping a real operation did occur behind the scenes and the racists and thugs dealt with

Bit from the few scenes i saw it reflected dreadfully on our police

• Like 1