Hungary fans last night

ANDY

15 hours ago, Dronfield Blue said:

There was a second match ban, but that is suspended for 2 years.

What is England's next home match? Assuming that will be the one for the 'fan ban'.

1 hour ago, Incognito Owl said:

The next home match is a WC qualifier against Albania on 12th of November, then the final qualifier is away against San Marino on the 15th. If it is the Albania game it will make it more interesting as I think England need at least 1 point from that game and the more or less victory already at San Marino to secure 1st and qualify, if not it's the play-offs for them.

The stadium ban is for our next UEFA home game. The 2 WC qualifiers in November are FIFA fixtures, so it doesn't apply to those. This means it will most likely be a Nations League fixture next June. Although, we do have 2 friendlies in the last week of March 2022, if it can apply to one of these, I don't know. Thankfully, the overriding memories of the tournament, are great victories over Germany & getting beyond a semi-final by beating Denmark. If anybody's main memory of this tournament is the scenes outside Wembley, then you need to find a different sporting interest imo. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

The stadium ban is for our next UEFA home game. The 2 WC qualifiers in November are FIFA fixtures, so it doesn't apply to those. This means it will most likely be a Nations League fixture next June. Although, we do have 2 friendlies in the last week of March 2022, if it can apply to one of these, I don't know. Thankfully, the overriding memories of the tournament, are great victories over Germany & getting beyond a semi-final by beating Denmark. If anybody's main memory of this tournament is the scenes outside Wembley, then you need to find a different sporting interest imo. 

Thanks for the information on the ban. I haven't watched Sky Sports News in the last few days or so, so haven't been keeping up. After searching it up, it is for the nations league: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58418701 

Edited by Incognito Owl
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

It's the cúnts who caused all the trouble at the final who need to find a different sporting interest.

Or better still, just fúck off completely from society.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kopparberg said:

No… you’d presume they hurt or could stop someone in their tracks though… these Hungary guys just ploughed through the police 

Guess when the adrenaline is pumping and you got another 200 thugs pushing you on its different.  

The presence was way too little and I agree with what was said earlier that we are too lenient as a nation to this type of thing imo.

Compare it to how other nations police us in our travels, and we are much less of a coordinated set of thugs, just the sprinkle of pissed up morons with England really 

On 19/10/2021 at 09:37, The only way is S6 said:

If anybody's main memory of this tournament is the scenes outside Wembley, then you need to find a different sporting interest imo. 

I think that's a bit harsh to be honest, I appreciate you say it's just your opinion.

Maybe if the trashing of London, Wembley Way and the storming of Wembley had happened at the England V Germany game, then the final had gone smoothly, then it might not have been the main memory.

For at lot of people , what happened on the day of the final was a complete embarrassment to the sport and to this country. 

We should have had a much longer ban, if this happened in any other country we would shouting from the rooftops for a tournament exclusion. Our FA had the brass neck to say they were disappointed with a one game ban. 

9 hours ago, Bannofan said:

I think that's a bit harsh to be honest, I appreciate you say it's just your opinion.

Maybe if the trashing of London, Wembley Way and the storming of Wembley had happened at the England V Germany game, then the final had gone smoothly, then it might not have been the main memory.

For at lot of people , what happened on the day of the final was a complete embarrassment to the sport and to this country. 

We should have had a much longer ban, if this happened in any other country we would shouting from the rooftops for a tournament exclusion. Our FA had the brass neck to say they were disappointed with a one game ban. 

Quite simply: It wasn't that bad.

It was embarrassing, our fans acted pathetically, and it made us look like a nation of drunken louts. What's new?

No one got killed.

No one (as far as I know) got seriously hurt.

There was no wide spread racist chanting.

There was no violent rioting.

No one got shot.

There was no widespread fighting with the police.

I mean we literally see way worse than this in multiple domestic leagues outside of England every single Saturday. 

I'm not saying it painted us in a good light, but Jesus Christ you're acting as if it was the apocalypse. And when you see the fines and the bans handed out to nations who routinely behave way - way worse than England fans did that day - you realise that the punishment we got was totally proportionate.

I know what I find more offensive out of some drunken kn*bs from Kent trying to force their way into Wembley after throwing a few traffic cones about on Wembley Way, or widespread racist abuse and monkey chants from Hungarian fans (as an example).

You'll use it as a stick to beat the English with because your standard default is that we're a nation of scumbags - but as always, look at other countries first to see that it could be a hell of a lot worse.

• Like 1

More inclined to agree that  although the behaviour of the morons left a sour taste, its nowhere near as bad as other nations seem to repeatedly do... And get away with very similar punishments, even when repeat offending. 

I think a £100k fine and 1 game suspended would have been more in line with the pathetic system the governing bodies have 

• Like 1