Perspective thread

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Time for a classic perspective thread.

Those calling for Moore’s head need to just take a step back. We do not have a right to storm the league. It is pretty much a brand new team, all made up of loans and free transfers. We are the big dogs in terms of club stature - every side wants to pick up three points against Sheffield Wednesday. 3 months ago we all thought the club was on the brink of going bust. 

Today’s result is disappointing, but sacking managers has got us absolutely nowhere in recent times. In fact, it took us down a division. 

I question some of Moore’s decisions and the way he sets up, but I’d rather we just give a manager time to try and get things right. This is not an easy league, I thought Oxford were a good little side today.

We won’t get promoted this season. And I think the sooner fans realise that the better. 

Didn't you start a Moore out thread the last time we lost?

lol

I do understand  but when you are paying £25-32 a game to watch a team struggle to consistently play 45 minutes of football let alone a whole game.

We chop and change the team every game, we have very very poor team set up and tactics, we are adopting the Gary Monk rule of football don't play a player in the correct position then be surprise when the players don't perform. 

4-2-3-1 does not work, the only place it worked was Doncaster and they are now in the relegation zone. You win games by scoring goals not boring the other team into submission.

So many things wrong with the team and unfortunately listen to DM tonight he thinks the team played well. A big worry.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Those calling for Moore’s head need to just take a step back. We do not have a right to storm the league. It is pretty much a brand new team, all made up of loans and free transfers. We are the big dogs in terms of club stature - every side wants to pick up three points against Sheffield Wednesday. 3 months ago we all thought the club was on the brink of going bust. 

Today’s result is disappointing, but sacking managers has got us absolutely nowhere in recent times. In fact, it took us down a division. 

I question some of Moore’s decisions and the way he sets up, but I’d rather we just give a manager time to try and get things right. This is not an easy league, I thought Oxford were a good little side today.

We won’t get promoted this season. And I think the sooner fans realise that the better. 

Literally the complete opposite of what you posted after the Plymouth game. What’s changed Sally…. Apathy set in, acceptance  or has realisation struck?

I agree with what you’ve posted tonight by the way.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not sure your equation is correct, team may have had somat to do with it.

Some valid points but my concern is that DM has shown nothing in the last 9 months apart from being a good bloke to suggest he's got what it takes to move us in the right direction.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

I do understand  but when you are paying £25-32 a game to watch a team struggle to consistently play 45 minutes of football let alone a whole game.

We chop and change the team every game, we have very very poor team set up and tactics, we are adopting the Gary Monk rule of football don't play a player in the correct position then be surprise when the players don't perform. 

4-2-3-1 does not work, the only place it worked was Doncaster and they are now in the relegation zone. You win games by scoring goals not boring the other team into submission.

So many things wrong with the team and unfortunately listen to DM tonight he thinks the team played well. A big worry.

I agree with some of these points. But Will sacking him make a difference? Doubt it. 

Look at Coventry now. Gave Robins plenty of time despite poor results and they’re flying high in the Championship and hammered Fulham by 4 goals today.

• Like 2

I agree with some of these points. But Will sacking him make a difference? Doubt it. 

Look at Coventry now. Gave Robins plenty of time despite poor results and they’re flying high in the Championship and hammered Fulham by 4 goals today.

Robins has performed wonders at Coventry but for every Robins there is 10 DM, will Sheff Utd be happy to be bottom 6 all season will they get rid of the results don't change.

Football is a results business, we are in the third division, pretty football will lose you games most weeks DM, needs to learn quickly or find alternative employment. I will give him time but the very least I expect is a team turning up and playing 90 minutes something that has not happened in any of DM games yet and it's simple not acceptable.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Agree with all this.

I'm as disappointed and frustrated as the next fan. Too many of us, though, seem to feel a sense of entitlement. You've only got to look at some of the 'big name' teams who have been stranded in this league to see that size and reputation count for little. And on their day, anyone can beat anyone else - just look at what Pompey did to Sunderland today. Considering where we were just a few months ago, how can anyone really believe we start this season with the slate wiped clean?

Here's some perspective. P10 W4 D3 L3. It's hardly a disaster, is it?

Finally, while it's easy to sack the manager, you have to replace him. I don't see too many high calibre candidates currently out of a job, and the best of those currently in employment are probably doing sufficiently well with their current clubs that they'll be reluctant to jump ship.

• Like 4

Just now, room0035 said:

Robins has performed wonders at Coventry but for every Robins there is 10 DM, will Sheff Utd be happy to be bottom 6 all season will they get rid of the results don't change.

Football is a results business, we are in the third division, pretty football will lose you games most weeks DM, needs to learn quickly or find alternative employment. I will give him time but the very least I expect is a team turning up and playing 90 minutes something that has not happened in any of DM games yet and it's simple not acceptable.

When was the last time a Wednesday side turned up for 90 mins?

I remember when back in the Carlos days, it would take us 45 minutes to wake up and attack teams.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I agree.  Patience is required at this moment in time.  .....And we are not a patient bunch.

The pressure is on Moore - I don’t think he knows what his best 11 is or formation.  

We need to play football differently than we have been. We can’t play out from the back. We turn possession into opposition attacks time after time after time. We can’t do it. When we are aggressive, hassle the opponents, hit balls into the channels, get crosses in we look ok. Not brilliant, and still a bit vulnerable, but Ok. 
Moore either makes those changes to how we play and gets us winning moore and keeps his job or he doesn’t. I’d rather he makes the changes before it’s too late. But we can’t just keep gifting the opposition the ball, over and over agin! 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

When was the last time a Wednesday side turned up for 90 mins?

I remember when back in the Carlos days, it would take us 45 minutes to wake up and attack teams.

But when you lose the quality of Fessi, Fletcher, Reach, Wallace, Hooper etc etc. 

You expect work rate as a bare minimum something we are not getting. I have to ask the question, is there issues off the pitch again as shocking performance last season followed the players not getting paid on time. Or are the players, the majority of which new players just not bothered.