Perspective thread

46 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Time for a classic perspective thread.

Those calling for Moore’s head need to just take a step back. We do not have a right to storm the league. It is pretty much a brand new team, all made up of loans and free transfers. We are the big dogs in terms of club stature - every side wants to pick up three points against Sheffield Wednesday. 3 months ago we all thought the club was on the brink of going bust. 

Today’s result is disappointing, but sacking managers has got us absolutely nowhere in recent times. In fact, it took us down a division. 

I question some of Moore’s decisions and the way he sets up, but I’d rather we just give a manager time to try and get things right. This is not an easy league, I thought Oxford were a good little side today.

We won’t get promoted this season. And I think the sooner fans realise that the better. 

You say we won’t get promoted this season like it’s not an issue. The team we have we shouldn’t be struggling.. only one person can get the team going and that’s Moore. If he can’t get then it’s a new man

1 minute ago, Marro said:

Moore needs to be given time IMO

How much time?

Problem is it's very often too late.

26 games now...

And last season does count..we had a decent..ish chance of staying up when he took over..finished bottom. Nothings changed since except for the players he brought in. The line ups...tactics, subs etc are just the same.

30% win rate...we have sacked managers with better records loads of times.

No idea if it would be wise to sack him now..no one could know.

But if things do not improve very quickly he will be gone..he really has had enough time to at least give some optimism or see signs of better times ahead and he hasn't...

3 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

How much time?

Problem is it's very often too late.

26 games now...

And last season does count..we had a decent..ish chance of staying up when he took over..finished bottom. Nothings changed since except for the players he brought in. The line ups...tactics, subs etc are just the same.

30% win rate...we have sacked managers with better records loads of times.

No idea if it would be wise to sack him now..no one could know.

But if things do not improve very quickly he will be gone..he really has had enough time to at least give some optimism or see signs of better times ahead and he hasn't...

Megsons was in the 40s.

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Time for a classic perspective thread.

Those calling for Moore’s head need to just take a step back. We do not have a right to storm the league. It is pretty much a brand new team, all made up of loans and free transfers. We are the big dogs in terms of club stature - every side wants to pick up three points against Sheffield Wednesday. 3 months ago we all thought the club was on the brink of going bust. 

Today’s result is disappointing, but sacking managers has got us absolutely nowhere in recent times. In fact, it took us down a division. 

I question some of Moore’s decisions and the way he sets up, but I’d rather we just give a manager time to try and get things right. This is not an easy league, I thought Oxford were a good little side today.

We won’t get promoted this season. And I think the sooner fans realise that the better. 

We might not get promoted but we shouldn't sit back and accept that, as the squad should be good enough to challenge and certainly beat the likes of morecambe, Plymouth and Shrewsbury. 

3 minutes ago, JOCOWl said:

We might not get promoted but we shouldn't sit back and accept that, as the squad should be good enough to challenge and certainly beat the likes of morecambe, Plymouth and Shrewsbury. 

Its not accepting it, it’s realising that it will be difficult to get out of this league. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Its not accepting it, it’s realising that it will be difficult to get out of this league. 

Yeah it's a tough league but, again, this squad on paper should be up there and play off material. We need someone to get them playing the right way with a known best 11. These constant changes and "need time to gel" can't go on forever. 

1 hour ago, Eastern said:

Chansiri has taken us from being a mid table Championship side to being a mid table league one side.

All for a few dozen million pounds.

Everything else is just irrelevant.  This is the crux of it all.  The manager has changed.  The players have changed.  The coaching staff have changed.  What hasn't changed?

• Like 1

Dont get all this about having better players and squad on paper should be up there .

Having seen all but one of the games this season , the only one which gave me some hope to move away from mediocrity was Tuesday at Wigan .

We have loan players and cast offs , alongside two or three who have been there done that and perhaps a little more realistic about what's required in this league . Maximum effort will take you a long way [ just like Tuesday ] but to say we have 'better players on paper ' is nonsense -- we dont .

• Like 1