Perspective thread

Just now, Marro said:

I agree.  Patience is required at this moment in time.  .....And we are not a patient bunch.

The pressure is on Moore - I don’t think he knows what his best 11 is or formation.  

And this is my main criticism of him to be fair.

But instead of sacking him, I’d rather give him time to get it right. 

17 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Didn't you start a Moore out thread the last time we lost?

lol

He was just getting ahead of the game!

On a serious note, I've seen Wednesday play Oxford numerous times since the early 70's and only seen us win once. That was the 6-1 thrashing in 86/87. They seem to be one of those bogey sides like Shrewsbury that we just can't beat (come to think of it, Wrexham were another)..

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

How can you be patient as a bloody Wednesday fan , please explain this to me ?? 

Just now, room0035 said:

But when you lose the quality of Fessi, Fletcher, Reach, Wallace, Hooper etc etc. 

You expect work rate as a bare minimum something we are not getting. I have to ask the question, is there issues off the pitch again as shocking performance last season followed the players not getting paid on time. Or are the players, the majority of which new players just not bothered.

I don’t think you can square it as lack of effort? 

We have no divine right to rock up and walk all over Oxford with a team full of brand new players who are new to the division. 

Oxford made the play offs last year. They’re a good side at this level. Fans really need to start understanding that League One is not a walk in the park. The past two previous times we’ve been down here, the first season we finished bottom half and struggled massively. 

Don’t be surprised if the same happens again.

• Like 2

Can’t justify the result, can’t justify we should be performing at a much higher level or intensity than what we are currently seeing 

we just don’t attack enough or pose ourself on their goal I thought it was a step backwards in terms of the overall fight on the pitch than we got a Wigan. We missed hutch in their today

we need to be a lot more nasty we’re far too soft in places 

I’m sick to death of this tip tap football at the back it’s costing Us points. You’ve more chance of scoring with the ball in the right box 

their first goal came from a goal kick today for us we played it out to our centre back got closed down hoofed it under pressure then they came down and scored. We do this on free kicks too. Why when you have a free opportunity to get your shape, clear you lines without being under pressure do we continually decide to play putting ourselves under pressure the arrogance of it is beyond acceptable. We ain’t Real Madrid we’re leGue on Sheffield Wednesday and it’s about time we play like that 

Patterson was our man of the match today a complete s##thouse for them to deal with 

he came and got interviews after the match he was absolutely gutted could hardly speak he was that down. One thing he did say and it wasn’t an excuse just summing  up how he felt 

it was a stonewall penality and standard of refereeing this season has been diabolical 

I know that’s not an excuse but you can’t help but deny it’s at least 3 points  dropped for appalling ref decisions in our last two home game I’d Question that being most likely 5 points dropped because a converted penalty to us at that time wins us that game 

anyway for the love of god I hope more starts playing a more direct quicker tempo nastier team because we Smash most teams doing that we need to be a lot more agressive if we want to be above mid table 

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I still think Moore needs time to try and establish a bit of consistency and momentum with the team.

There are some things that he can do that would help and none of them require major surgety

Agree, at least he took right players off today and plays pato centrally now so might be getting there albeit too slowly.

Does need to blindly stop playing wing, johnson, gregory and shodipo.

Would like to see brown lb and theos pace next to pato.

Badly need luongo and windass back, they would make a massive difference due to some poor signings

1 minute ago, Watto said:

How can you be patient as a bloody Wednesday fan , please explain this to me ?? 

We are both very patient and impatient at the same time. We’ve been incredibly patient the past 20 years without top flight football. But at the same time when results aren’t great, our first reaction is to call for the managers head and make a change.

I think it would be really unfair to get rid of Moore now. Let’s give him time. For once as a club I think we need to take a step back and realise this is where we DESERVE to be.

• Love 1

Just now, NIOwl said:

Same with Carlos when he came. But by about this point our eyes were beaming, and we were hammering Arsenal. 

Nah we spent some coin under Carlos in that first season. Signed genuine quality.

I’m yet to see anything from our new recruits to suggest they’re too good for League One.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Nah we spent some coin under Carlos in that first season. Signed genuine quality.

I’m yet to see anything from our new recruits to suggest they’re too good for League One.

Yea I edited my comment out as I misread yours. 

7 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

We need to play football differently than we have been. We can’t play out from the back. We turn possession into opposition attacks time after time after time. We can’t do it. When we are aggressive, hassle the opponents, hit balls into the channels, get crosses in we look ok. Not brilliant, and still a bit vulnerable, but Ok. 
Moore either makes those changes to how we play and gets us winning moore and keeps his job or he doesn’t. I’d rather he makes the changes before it’s too late. But we can’t just keep gifting the opposition the ball, over and over agin! 

this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

8 minutes ago, Eastern said:

Chansiri has taken us from being a mid table Championship side to being a mid table league one side.

All for a few dozen million pounds.

You mean he's taken us from a mid table Championship side who own their stadium to a mid table League One side who don't own their own stadium.

All for £150m (allegedly).

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Moore needs to be given time IMO.  I often don’t agree with his tactics or substitutions but he needs to be given a fair crack of the whip.  He has signed these players and needs to mould the team.  

Midfield looks lightweight.  The players are getting roughed up week in and week out in this joker of a pub league where the standard of refereeing is substandard.  The players need to give as good as they get and battle.  If we simply try and play football out from the back then I am afraid we won’t succeed.  We need to earn the right to play football.  

Problem for Moore now is that if we go on an horrific run now he won’t have much time.  I want him to be a success I really do.

22 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I agree with some of these points. But Will sacking him make a difference? Doubt it. 

Look at Coventry now. Gave Robins plenty of time despite poor results and they’re flying high in the Championship and hammered Fulham by 4 goals today.

I watched the Coventry game today and they pressed Fulham high and always got plenty of players forward when attacking.

All their players battled and for all their nice tippy happy football, Fulham couldn't handle them.

Robins keeps things simple and doesn't try to be another Pep.

Guest LondonOwl313

You’re basically saying we should accept that we won’t go up this season and that it’s inevitable.

Then I look down the squad list and think the right manager would have this lot near the top. Therefore I think making a change is the right outcome

14 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don’t think you can square it as lack of effort? 

We have no divine right to rock up and walk all over Oxford with a team full of brand new players who are new to the division. 

Oxford made the play offs last year. They’re a good side at this level. Fans really need to start understanding that League One is not a walk in the park. The past two previous times we’ve been down here, the first season we finished bottom half and struggled massively. 

Don’t be surprised if the same happens again.

However, having got back on level terms we should, as a team, have been able to manage the game so that we didn’t lose it, despite how good a team Oxford are.