Not another bannan thread

9 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Our midfield suffers as a result of Bannan , it always has. As good as he is , he makes us weaker in midfield ,not stronger , because he cannot play in a central midfield two . 

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Our midfield is poor because its unbalanced due to having to play a three to accommodate Banban. we have had this problem for years mate. 

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

While ever the midfield is built around Bannans inability to play in a central midfield two, nothing will change. Its been like this for years. 

We can't play 4-4-2 and add some bite in midfield because of Bannan, and as we know, he is undropable. 

It might just be ME but I just can't seem to suss out what S36 Owl's opinion is on whether Bannan can play in a midfield two?

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

I can’t honestly believe people watch the same player on here 

The ONLY one who drives with the ball, the ONLY one making intricate passes

What are the others doing with the ball? When they have it, do they drive forward? Do they try and make things happen?

It’s amazing the logic some of you have. Bannan misses a penalty and seemingly his qualities are all forgotten. He takes a poor corner, again all forgotten.

Bruno Fernandes will hit a cross field ball out of touch, a free kick miles over the bar. Do United fans demand him to be subbed? No, because they recognise his qualities 

Do you think he is our main man purely out of coincidence? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I can’t honestly believe people watch the same player on here 

The ONLY one who drives with the ball, the ONLY one making intricate passes

What are the others doing with the ball? When they have it, do they drive forward? Do they try and make things happen?

It’s amazing the logic some of you have. Bannan misses a penalty and seemingly his qualities are all forgotten. He takes a poor corner, again all forgotten.

Bruno Fernandes will hit a cross field ball out of touch, a free kick miles over the bar. Do United fans demand him to be subbed? No, because they recognise his qualities 

Do you think he is our main man purely out of coincidence? 

No one is saying he’s a consistently bad player but its just that every single manager has never tried to do anything different when it’s not working. Nothing wrong with experimenting especially when we’ve got so many new players. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sefton owl said:

No one is saying he’s a consistently bad player but its just that every single manager has never tried to do anything different when it’s not working. Nothing wrong with experimenting especially when we’ve got so many new players. 

I can see the thought process, but I honestly don’t think we’d create a thing without him. 

Most of our players are static and have no idea how to even create space for themselves, let alone get on the ball and create an opportunity. And if they can, then who? They have plenty of opportunities to show this in the game and they don’t! 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

I can see the thought process, but I honestly don’t think we’d create a thing without him. 

Most of our players are static and have no idea how to even create space for themselves, let alone get on the ball and create an opportunity. And if they can, then who? They have plenty of opportunities to show this in the game and they don’t! 

The only other one in a similar position that isn’t static is adeniran and he looks so lively but was odd that he got brought off when he did.

15 minutes ago, BIG D said:

WE MUST DROP OUR BEST PLAYER!!!!!!!

He's a good footballer no doubt but I'd like us to try something radical like not play him, I'm fed up of watching him pirouetting then passing back or trying 60 yard Hollywood balls

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sefton owl said:

The only other one in a similar position that isn’t static is adeniran and he looks so lively but was odd that he got brought off when he did.

He’s been good previously, but being honest I didn’t notice him once today. Maybe it was due to the recent injury lay off 

Still expecting big things though 

This is just madness now 

The anti-Bannan thing 

Madness 

But….

Funniest post of the month is in the other Bannan thread where someone genuinely seriously said that Bannan should be going into the dressing room telling all his team mates they should never pass to him

It wasn’t lighthearted 

It wasn’t a joke

It was a serious genuine demand and a serious suggestion

lol

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop