Not another bannan thread

I’m his biggest fan, and can cut open defences like he did when we got the penalty. 

knew straight away it wasn’t going in, and was similar to one he tool against Bristol city at home that somehow snuck in. 

Penalty aside though, he had a very off day today. Someone sat near us on the Kop said moore will never sub him off and he’s right, but how much harm will it if we actually tried to play without him for a few games? Just something different. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sefton owl said:

I’m his biggest fan, and can cut open defences like he did when we got the penalty. 

knew straight away it wasn’t going in, and was similar to one he tool against Bristol city at home that somehow snuck in. 

Penalty aside though, he had a very off day today. Someone sat near us on the Kop said moore will never sub him off and he’s right, but how much harm will it if we actually tried to play without him for a few games? Just something different. 

Right now we've tried everything else in the last few games chopping, changing, altering, trying, hoping

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Bannan CANNOT  be dropped, its the law 

Our midfield MUST be moullded around him , its the law.

No matter how bad he is playing , he cannot be dropped .

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

As soon as he stepped up it reminded me of the one he took one against Bristol City which would have put us 2 up and clinched the game, but he missed it and we went on to drop 2 vital points.

Not sure which game you're remembering! 

• Like 1

Been interesting listening to Radio Sheffield on the way home and the binary discussions about “drop Bannan”….”he’s the best player we’ve got”

the thing is we don’t need to drop Bannan but either Moore or Bannan need to recognise his strengths and more urgently his weaknesses.

Bannan on the left side of our own area, drops a shoulder, does a twirl and pings a 60 yard ball out to the right winger…..there’s no one better, I’m tempted to say, in Britain.

the problem is, Bannan on the edge of their box with plenty of options in the middle and he’ll play the same 60 yard pass…..he seems to have no range option with his passing…..it’s like watching Harry Kane take corners for England a few years ago.

Leave him in the team, he’s got obvious qualities but for the live of God take set pieces off him (and yes, I know we scored from one today…..ups the strike rate from 0 in 599 to 1 in 600!)

and just three words to finish

Four

Four

Fuckintwo

Edited by Ian
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, alanharper said:

As soon as he stepped up it reminded me of the one he took one against Bristol City which would have put us 2 up and clinched the game, but he missed it and we went on to drop 2 vital points.

Not sure which game you're remembering! 

the one at home 2019 just before Christmas. We won the game 1-0 and think we were 3rd. The rest as they say, is history. 

• Like 1

Hate to stick my head up here, but what's all the love for bannan? He's ok at best, below average most of the time. Probably making a fortune off us compared to what he'd get for div 3 football elsewhere... Maybe I don't know owt but I know what I like. I think we shoulda got rid.

Yes I get it, I'm probably a blade. Or from rotherham. But it's true. Dunno what you're all on, hes mince (as me old dad would say lol)

• Like 6