Not another bannan thread

Didn't watch yesterday's game, but he was completely boxed off at Plymouth. Made to look every bit of a 3rd division player that day. 

The way we play with him, the ball always having to go through him, him dropping deep when we are struggling, the long glory balls, the 27 pivots on the edge of their box before the obvious backwards or sideways pass. It bores me beyond belief. 

We all enjoy different nuances of the game and the way he plays it isn't for me. 

• Like 1

Second half yesterday just screamed of last season all over again, pass it around at the back, wait for bannan to eventually drop. Strikers, full backs, midfield all push up onto their defenders and STAND THERE. 

Not sure it's all bannans fault it just seems there's a switch that gets turned on and it's all suddenly "look for bazza" constantly and everyone else forgets to do anything else but that.

15 hours ago, darntpark said:

Hate to stick my head up here, but what's all the love for bannan? He's ok at best, below average most of the time. Probably making a fortune off us compared to what he'd get for div 3 football elsewhere... Maybe I don't know owt but I know what I like. I think we shoulda got rid.

Yes I get it, I'm probably a blade. Or from rotherham. But it's true. Dunno what you're all on, hes mince (as me old dad would say lol)

I also believe that we would be better without him, most on here would disagree, and I suppose this would translate

to what the vast majority of Wednesday fans think, we are speaking but no one is listening, it is surprising though

that with all his vocal support of how good he is not one club have made a bid for him in any transfer window since

he's been at Wednesday, this says more about what other clubs think than what our fans think.

Get rid, if we can't do that then put him on the bench and lets see how things go.

I do worry a bit that it is all becoming the Barry Bannan show.

I hoped with the freshening up of the squad we'd see less reliance on him, but yesterday it was all about him.

Is he too much of a luxury at this level? 

On the ball, bags of ability.

Off the ball, he's hopeless.

Unfortunately, I think there is this false notion that he's a midfielder who can drag an underperforming side to victory. In reality, I think he's a talented player who thrives in good teams who are playing on the front foot and dominating the ball. Once things go awry, he becomes largely as ineffective as the rest of them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

I do worry a bit that it is all becoming the Barry Bannan show.

I hoped with the freshening up of the squad we'd see less reliance on him, but yesterday it was all about him.

Is he too much of a luxury at this level? 

On the ball, bags of ability.

Off the ball, he's hopeless.

Unfortunately, I think there is this false notion that he's a midfielder who can drag an underperforming side to victory. In reality, I think he's a talented player who thrives in good teams who are playing on the front foot and dominating the ball. Once things go awry, he becomes largely as ineffective as the rest of them.

The answer to your quandry is to surround him with players of his standard

Owlstalk Shop

If my memory serves me correctly Bannan got an assist, effectively won the penalty with that through ball and got another assist for the disallowed goal. People on here calling for him to be dropped is just insane to me. This thread simply doesn't exist if he scored that penalty.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, basegreenowl said:

Hutchinson was worse. But the relentless Bannan talk rumbles on. 

The Bannan hate is just something people blindly post to jump on the current bandwagon now

It's gone from a few fruitcakes to people just joining in to look cool by posting Bannan hate

It's ridiculous

Wonder what will be next?

My guess is 'Moore Out'

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The Bannan hate is just something people blindly post to jump on the current bandwagon now

It's gone from a few fruitcakes to people just joining in to look cool by posting Bannan hate

It's ridiculous

Wonder what will be next?

My guess is 'Moore Out'

The new buzz word for the Bannan haters is ‘pivot’

lol

2 minutes ago, Barnsley youth said:

We need bannan to step back a bit and let the other lads have a go …until he stops acting like that spoilt child in the playground who wants to take his ball home with him because nobody’s passing to him we will not change!🤦‍♂️😡

Why don’t you log onto his Instagram and tell him?

Post it under a picture of him and his daughter. 

Edited by BIG D

Watching all of the games, especially yesterday, Bannan gets the ball because he shows for it.

All too often everything halts as Hunt or Iorfa have the ball with everyone wandering around with the opposition close enough to touch, just waiting for something to happen. 

Bannan will run into space, or to the player to get the ball.

After the subs yesterday nobody wanted the ball, but Bannan was still running around like a loon all the way into extra time.

Some major overreactions again. Folk calling for him to be sacked, and suggesting he’s our worst player on social media.

He is one of the best players in this league, in a squad that I think is struggling to find its feet right now. A run of poor results for sure, but I’m not sure it warrants the kind of meltdown we’re seeing right now. 

I haven't read all of this so apologies if it's been said....

Who put the corner onto Berahino's head - Bannan

Who slipped the ball through for Shodipo to get in behind and win a penalty - Bannan

Who slipped in Shodipo for a goal that should have stood - Bannan

Ok he did a few frustrating things again but really you can't expect more from a midfield player than to create the three best moments in a match - which should have been enough to give us the 3 points we want from our games.

And people are calling for him to be dropped. Really??

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

Who slipped the ball through for Shodipo to get in behind and win a penalty - Bannan

Ok he did a few frustrating things again but really you can't expect more from a midfield player than to create the three best moments in a match - which should have been enough to give us the 3 points we want from our games.

It is laughable.

9 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

It's just the latest bandwagon mate

Ignore em

Owlstalk Shop