Saido Berahino's first interview at Sheffield Wednesday

Getting a few goosebumps watching this, thinking he will be the missing piece of the jigsaw- goals. Love how highly he speaks of Moore, clearly he can get the best out of him and keep him out of trouble. Saido is in his prime now and had a full preseason so not playing catchup. Welcome aboard- this could be the signing to fire us to promotion! And one that could perform in the Championship too.

What I found interesting is in the Rio interview I thought he came across as cheeky and a bit cocky, but this seems very measured and serious. Wonder if the DM effect is already starting.  Has part of the conversations that took place prior to signing emphasised the need to knuckle and represent the club in a proper manner?

9 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Never read any comment about any player ever in his first interview that isn’t ‘comes across very well ‘.

but he does come across very well 

Apart from Jos Luhakay who came across as a boring as hell militant weirdo.  I've got high hopes for Berahino but then again I thought Jeffers was a good signing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Talk is cheap, so let's see what he's like on the pitch.

I hate the "Moore-o" nickname for DM though.  Doesn't reflect well on SB or DM.

To be fair. It sounds like they are pretty close personally. So he’s probably called him “Moore-o” for 10 years plus. I’d probably put it down to habit. 

I picked up on that but he seemed to quickly back track and change it to ‘the manager’

15 hours ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Hopefully he’s fit enough and just a case of getting to know the lads and tactics , if so no reason he can’t make the bench Saturday ! Only issue is if there’s enough seats on the bench ! Lol

Only issue is if there’s enough room on the coach. We might need 2 

• Haha 1

Great to hear him talk a bit more about the gaffer and his history there. Also nice to hear him talk about precisely why this move ‘down’ appealed so much, and what he feels he’s been missing.

I’m suddenly more optimistic than sceptical about this one, whereas before I think the balance was slightly the other way - I’d have been very pleasantly surprised if it had worked out, now I’m kind of thinking I’ll be disappointed if it doesn’t.

Quality-wise, he’s always been a mid-Prem-level finisher when on his game. If he can find that form and settle down with some real maturity at 28, this could turn out to be a quite ridiculous freebie for L1 *and* Championship level.

Can't pretend to have looked that deep into it, just mainly headlines n stuff from his WBA drama, but I hope my preconceptions of him being a bit of a cųnt are completely wrong, he doesn't upset anybody, and he scores 30 this season. 

From that interview alone though, he appears to be a level headed lad who wants to do well for Moore (Mooro) and get his career back on track in this country. Hopefully this is what we get.

Could be the best bit of business we've done for quite a while! 

Anybody know how long his contract is for? 

Berahino is very much a gamble, but unlike previous seasons if it doesn’t work out then we still have really good options. But if it does work the reward will be absolutely huge so it is absolutely a gamble worth taking. 
Really good interview and came across very well. Exactly the right number of uses of the word ‘Massive’ which is nice!

• Like 1