ENGLAND VS HUNGARY matchday thread

@owlstalk

7 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

It's a bit depressing that, although I'm not watching, I could work out exactly who had scored just from this comment...

Another goal and more disturbance from the crowd, this time a flair, and guess who scored.

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

2002, 04 and 06 teams? 

I know what you’re saying because we did have a good first 11 during that period, and should have done better than the quarter finals every time. But there were other very good sides too so we were never favourites for the tournament.. Brazil, France, Italy, Germany all as good or better. I’d fancy this current England squad against any of the others at the moment.. a Guardiola or Tuchel would have us winning the tournaments 

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I know what you’re saying because we did have a good first 11 during that period, and should have done better than the quarter finals every time. But there were other very good sides too so we were never favourites for the tournament.. Brazil, France, Italy, Germany all as good or better. I’d fancy this current England squad against any of the others at the moment.. a Guardiola or Tuchel would have us winning the tournaments 

England in the last 30 years have never had both a world class team with a world class manager.

Capello was an excellent manager but didn't have the players.

Southgate is a very good manager but not world class and has one of the most talented set of England players probably since 66 to 70!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Fair point, you could argue France, Brazil, Argentina etc were all better in that era than now 

8 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Agreed tbh. I’d have us up against anyone right now. If we can keep this momentum going to Qatar I’ll get excited 

I expected a tough game tonight and to a certain extent it was. England stepped it up a gear in the second half and blew Hungary away.

Kane probably should’ve had an hat-trick but both he and Sterling showed they’re as good as anything in world football at the moment and it won't be long before and rightly so that Grealish is being touted as a world class player.

Andorra and Poland to come. Four points from those 2 games then England have 1 foot in Qatar.

• Like 1

Couldn't believe how comfortable that was for England 4-0 and should have been more.

11 changes for Andorra match 

Pope

James Coady Mings Trippier

TAA Henderson Bellingham

Lingard Bamford Saka

• Like 1