ENGLAND VS HUNGARY matchday thread

@owlstalk

Guest mrbluesky

So it begins...for the umpteenth time. Everyone's outraged, everyone and his dog condemning the racists

*Put on repeat*

For reference, it is aberrant behaviour, but nothing will ever be done to fully stop it. 

FIFA and UEFA  may as well put a statement out saying" It's unacceptable, but we accept it" 

2 hours ago, Manwë said:

Why should millions of decent Hungarians have their joy stripped away because of a tiny minority?  When Tango was banned, should we all have been banned or should SWFC have been kicked out?  

His/their actions, him/they to be punished.    Anything else is just nonsense and a massive regressive step because it tars people as a group based on the actions of individuals.  Imagine expanding that viewpoint to other things in society.

Same could be said for Russian who got banned from all international athletics tournaments, not all of them were using drugs.

Sometimes radical action is the only way. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

It's all about quarks, especially Strange and Charm, and leptons.  They are just the Flavours. Then there are Colours to bring in to the equation. It is a complicated. But that's FIFA for ya!

A bit up and down then...

• Haha 1

My father came to England in 1956,the amount of abuse he got from people in those days was unbearable, we got a brick thrown through a bedroom window with a note 'Pakis go home' on it, that was Sheffield and Britain in General, before anyone starts saying things bad about Italy and other Countries is to take a closer look at your own country, Rashford Saka and Sancho guilty of what? Missing a bloody penalty, they got racists abuse from hundreds here, they didn't deserve that, you have problems here my friends, so stop sticking your head in the soil and sort your problems out, You only voted for Brexit because you thought you'd get rid of the foreigners, you need us big time, look at how goods are missing from shops, we are here to help 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 03/09/2021 at 06:54, Daniele Giovanni said:

Hungary need to be banned for 5 years, ground closures are no good, when will these racists realise were are in 2021 and not in last century anymore? , uneducated numpties

You label a WHOLE country, not just a few people, but the WHOLE country as racists and uneducated.

23 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Racism is a minority in educated parts of the world, but it's definitely a majority issue specially in Eastern European cultures

Have you read this, a player who has represented the Italian national team, speaking out about the racism in football, in Italy. 

https://theconversation.com/racism-in-italian-football-reflects-the-everyday-migrant-experience-126054

1 hour ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

What a sorry comment 

Ah give over, happy to throw it out, but won't have it when it's pointed out how Italy are as bad as anywhere.

49 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

My father came to England in 1956,the amount of abuse he got from people in those days was unbearable, we got a brick thrown through a bedroom window with a note 'Pakis go home' on it, that was Sheffield and Britain in General, before anyone starts saying things bad about Italy and other Countries is to take a closer look at your own country, Rashford Saka and Sancho guilty of what? Missing a bloody penalty, they got racists abuse from hundreds here, they didn't deserve that, you have problems here my friends, so stop sticking your head in the soil and sort your problems out, You only voted for Brexit because you thought you'd get rid of the foreigners, you need us big time, look at how goods are missing from shops, we are here to help 

Some good points, yes English fans are and have been horrific too, some fans boo'd our own players for taking the knee, some even sent racist comments to players who missed penalties.

You're the one sticking your head in the soil. This is not a country problem, no country should be banned because a few fans are using horrific racist comments and gestures to get attention. 

You're the xenophobic one in this thread, as highlighted by the comments quoted. Saying a whole country are uneducated based on the behaviour of a few is disgusting.

17 minutes ago, 0742 said:

You label a WHOLE country, not just a few people, but the WHOLE country as racists and uneducated.

Have you read this, a player who has represented the Italian national team, speaking out about the racism in football, in Italy. 

https://theconversation.com/racism-in-italian-football-reflects-the-everyday-migrant-experience-126054

Ah give over, happy to throw it out, but won't have it when it's pointed out how Italy are as bad as anywhere.

Some good points, yes English fans are and have been horrific too, some fans boo'd our own players for taking the knee, some even sent racist comments to players who missed penalties.

You're the one sticking your head in the soil. This is not a country problem, no country should be banned because a few fans are using horrific racist comments and gestures to get attention. 

You're the xenophobic one in this thread, as highlighted by the comments quoted. Saying a whole country are uneducated based on the behaviour of a few is disgusting.

Ban Hungary as a team competing in World Cups and Euros, never mentioned the Country. That's what I said

On 03/09/2021 at 11:04, Bannofan said:

So basically you are saying it's no big deal, it's only the same as other kinds of crowd behaviour that could be construed as ' impolite' and has been happening for ages, and you might as well ban football if you are going to make a big deal of this? 

Also, somehow, it's been blown out of proportion because some people actually rate this disgusting behaviour a lot more newsworthy than another straightforward predictable win in qualifying for England?  

I should bloody well hope that bigotry in the game that reflects a huge problem in society, gets more publicity than the latest flat track bullying by Harry Kane as he stumbles towards the national goal scoring record.  

No. I am definitely NOT saying its no big deal. What I'm trying to say is that it seems to be more of a problem in Soccer than in other sports. And it usually happens behind the goals! Not the only place , however.It seems funny to me that there does not seem to be this trouble in other sports, or ertainly not to the extent it occurs in  football
I am an avid lover of football, but yet I can go to a cricket match , for example, and sit side-ny-side with an Indian supporter, and we can have our arguements and opinions without abusing the players in any way When I go to watch any football game, I like to watch 2 sides whilst still wanting one side to win.
As for football - we have two Governing bodies - EUFA and FIFA - who should be singing off the same hymnsheet. Yet we have the idiotic situation whereby a game wwould be spectatorless under one body but not under the other.. We also have saturation coverage by media and social media with its constany repetition of situations which certainly doesn't help situations.

The main point I was trying to make is that we are certainly not blameless in any of these situations.

On 02/09/2021 at 21:54, jonnyowl said:

Couldn't believe how comfortable that was for England 4-0 and should have been more.

11 changes for Andorra match 

Pope

James Coady Mings Trippier

TAA Henderson Bellingham

Lingard Bamford Saka

Almost spot on, just the keeper is different.