Premier League 21/22

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Tbh, I'm starting to think comparing them now in terms of what they produce is a bit pointless.

They are still top players, but they arent what they once were, even though they can still and will produce magic.

One is playing in the French league for the Harlem Globetrotters and the other is playing for a pretty awful Man U team, who, at times, are a bit like the Harlem Globetrotters. Messi will win the French league but I think PSG are still short to win the Champs League. Ronaldo will do well to pick up a cup at Man U unless something drastically changes.

Time waits for no man, regardless of how great they are/were. 

I don't think either would be considered for the best player in the world right now, would they? 

Has been a long old time since anyone could say that.

On current form Salah is the best right now, by a distance in the top leagues this season, but it is only a few months ago that Messi led his nation to their first title in well over a decade and he pretty much single handedly got Barcelona into the Champions League and won the Spanish Cup last season.

4 hours ago, BIG D said:

Ronaldo is having a fairly ordinary time, and I speak as someone who has got him as capt in my Fantasy Football team every week. 

I daren’t change him. 

1 hour ago, fudge27 said:

Then more fool you, when the best player in the world Is playing just up the road, and jn the form of his life 

Cue a change this weekend and Salah picking up an injury which keeps him out until the African Cup of Nations!

:duntmatter:

4 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I’m fully expecting club v country issues regarding the African Cup of Nations. 

I read this week that they may even consider cancelling it as the infrastructure is not ready, which would be the ideal result for domestic clubs.

If it does go ahead I think the only way players wont go is down to personal choice, don't think that clubs will be able to prevent them, the competition has always been played in January and clubs signing African players know this. 

I think it is only a matter of time before the football calendar is change to properly accommodate within the European football calendar though. 

5 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

How stubborn is Levy though

Kane clearly didn’t want to be there, sell him for his price and get some new blood in for the new manager that want to be there with that 120m 

Spurs fans booing him as well.

Should have got rid in the summer. Looks a shadow of his former self.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Plonk said:

This weekends results leave Newcastle 6 points adrift with crap goal difference. Despite the money wonder if that’s going to put off prospective managers?

It has to do. What elite manager is going to take the risk of being in the championship? Best they can hope for at the moment is an Eddie Howe type. Ironically the one manager you’d want in the Championship is Bruce.

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

It has to do. What elite manager is going to take the risk of being in the championship? Best they can hope for at the moment is an Eddie Howe type. Ironically the one manager you’d want in the Championship is Bruce.

😀😕imagine if they went down and they brought him back