Premier League 21/22

Can the myth that Daniel Levy is some brilliant football operator please stop now.

When it comes to the actual football stuff, the bloke is useless.

He got lucky with Poch several years back and what has followed since has been a shambles. You've also got the whole Harry Kane debacle.

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan
6 hours ago, edmontonowl said:

Nuno to Newcastle?

Another little six month stint, get sacked and pocket £4-5m.

It’s unbelievable. 

18 hours ago, SiJ said:

Can the myth that Daniel Levy is some brilliant football operator please stop now.

When it comes to the actual football stuff, the bloke is useless.

He got lucky with Poch several years back and what has followed since has been a shambles. You've also got the whole Harry Kane debacle.

Think you’re right- interesting to see what happens next with Conte though. 

Levy obviously brought in the effective director of football- Fabio Paratici- in the summer. Sounds like that guy didn’t want Nuno then, and fought to try and get Conte. 

A few months later, and he gets his way. Next question (which is crucial) is whether he’s also able to somehow convince Levy to give Conte competitive funding. 

If so, which seems unlikely based on the Jose experiment, Spurs might have a couple of bigger transfer windows and look to challenge for a trophy or two in the next 18 months (before it inevitably goes sour). If not, then it’ll be a good watch because Conte obviously doesn’t work well when he doesn’t get his own way, and has never been quiet about it either…

Guest Mcguigan
11 hours ago, Dronfield Blue said:

No.

There will be a clawback clause in his contract with Spurs.

If we sack you and you start with any other club in 6 months..12 months etc.

Have a look at the number of sacked Prem managers that don't take another role for a year or so.

NUFC - Nuno, we really want you to be our manager and to start straight away.

NES - But if join now, I’ll lose £2.5m of my £5m Spurs pay off.

NUFC - Do you want cash or a cheque?

On another note , I thought wolves looked a very decent team last night.  The defence was very resolute bar a couple of sloppy howlers, and up front jiminez looked very strong.

The kid ait - nouri looked a real player; not much of  him and I can’t recall seeing him play before but he looked like he had the lot on the evidence of last night.

Some good teams in the prem this season - palace look good, wolves look good. I can’t see how Newcastle get out of trouble as bar Norwich some of these other sides who you would think might be down there look like they have really stepped up.

• Like 1