Deal close

Guest Garryswfcowl72

2 hours ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Johnson will be a very good singing , boro fans very surprised he wasn’t offered a new deal , I’d imagine it’s a 1 or 2 year deal mind as he’s 31 in December but he has a decent bit of pace and a good left foot 

Always makes me laugh this, how come you never hear any one say of a player 'he's got a good right foot'.

4 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Always makes me laugh this, how come you never hear any one say of a player 'he's got a good right foot'.

Perhaps because you have less left footed players than right ones?

Agree it is a bit weird. 

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

For League One

I've seen him play many times over the years and TBH I've never been that impressed. I don't know what his best position is, he isn't really a typical winger in taking defenders on and dribbling past them. He's never been speedy and will soon be 31. He doesn't score many goals.

I suppose he will fill the Reach role, left side of midfield, a sort of utility player.

1 minute ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I've seen him play many times over the years and TBH I've never been that impressed. I don't know what his best position is, he isn't really a typical winger in taking defenders on and dribbling past them. He's never been speedy and will soon be 31. He doesn't score many goals.

I suppose he will fill the Reach role, left side of midfield, a sort of utility player.

Never been speedy?

The YouTube video I just watched must have been on fast-forward then because he looked freakin rapid lol

2 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

You've seen him play many times ?

When? 

Who were you supporting when you watched him?

You do realise football manager isn't real life ?

• Like 1

Another signing that makes sense can play wing left back or wing back , was totally unimpressed by green today really doesn’t look like anything hope he proves me wrong ? Well not sign another two strikers after the Swiss lad arrived, leaving the no9 shirt suggests another one coming in. After seeing Paterson in the flesh for the first time although he a complete sh_t house he not going to be the answer imo 

9 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I know what you’re saying , Think it’s because there are less about, but anyway Johnson can put a good cross in and can chip in with odd goal is all i meant

6 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

I know what you’re saying , Think it’s because there are less about, but anyway Johnson can put a good cross in and can chip in with odd goal is all i meant

Sorry wasn't a dig at you.

Maybe it's because left footed players aren't as common as right footed.

Now players who have 'two good feet' are useful.

We can only hope he's a good edition.

But just like when we signed Premier League players Abdi, Jones and Boyd

It's evident looking back, the hunger and ability wasn't there to beat younger players twice a week.

Just another stop gap, that won't be good enough next year.

(upto Johnson to prove us wrong)

4 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

It's evident looking back, the hunger and ability wasn't there to beat younger players twice a week.

I know what what you are saying , think difference is abdi and Boyd we’re signing a lucrative deal on plenty of $$ whereas surely Johnson is on reduced wages . Boro fans said he constantly got up and down and had a good engine / pretty fast so I’m hoping this is what we need 

7 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

A stop gap may be all we need, just enough to take us up this season.

A bit like when we signed Ryan Lowe at 33.

For me this seems a strange signing, he is 31 in the next few months, he is a left winger that seems to keep himself fit plays a lot of games and contributes, but for me we seem to be signing what available instead of signing what we need.  

We made this mistake last season we signed lots of wingers when in fact we needed a striker that could put the ball in the net. I cannot see Johnson signing on league one wages, I just think the money would be better spend on getting a proven scorer in.

I also think Sims would be a better option on the wing, at the right price and age and one that will improve and be worth a few quid in a few years. He can play left wing or right wing and in 28 games last season in League one had 8 assists, he is used to playing the DM way and for me would just be a better option than Johnson

The Albanian lad  signed at the week end does not seem to have any real goal scoring pedigree currently, so a proven striker is really a must before the season starts. Yes we played ok yesterday but we once again showed our inability to put the ball in the back of the net. 

8 hours ago, reggae said:

You've seen him play many times ?

When? 

Who were you supporting when you watched him?

You do realise football manager isn't real life ?

Seen him play for Oxford, Middlesbrough and at them next door.

I wasn't supporting anybody.

Never seen Football Manager, sorry I'm not a kid playing computer games. 😄

I get to see lots of PL and EFL games as part of my job.

Probably saw more over 100 matches 'in the flesh' last season.

I'm very lucky that I get paid to see football matches but unfortunately it means I don't get to see Wednesday much as a fan.

Re Johnson, he should be good in League 1 but at nearly 31 doesnt have much scope to improve.

I'm not sure what position he is going to play. Probably floating up and down the left side. Though we already have Shodipo who is left sided.