Make verified ID a requirement for opening a social media account.

7 hours ago, El Toro said:

I agree. Also rather than cover up what’s been posted on social media the news should actually state what was said. That way more and more people will be disgusted and demand stronger changes to the law.

CNN actually showed stills of the tweets this afternoon.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, owlinexile said:

Christ almighty.

I've got a great idea.  How about two-way televisions so the state can make sure you are behaving yourself in your living room too?

That's me and the Mrs effed if they do

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

No such thing as free speech, never has been never will be.

Starting from basics should you be free to shout fire in a theatre or on a ship?  

Or on a firing range before the bloke setting up the targets has had time to move out the way

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

49 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Betting websites use verified ID to use their sites

Not seen a single person ever kick off about that

They use electronic first and if that fails is when they kick off 😂

17 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Starting from basics should you be free to shout fire in a theatre or on a ship?  

People get confused by "free speech". That doesn't mean they can say what they want to people and not have any consequences. People were also saying wearing masks impinged on their free speech. WTF

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Betting websites use verified ID to use their sites

Not seen a single person ever kick off about that

Exactly.

Owning an iPhone or Samsung, your whole life is accessible to them. Rarely do people moan or complain about this. 

Surely it should just take Messi or Ronaldo or an equally big sports star to phone each other up and say, let's quit Twitter for X of time. Enough do it, Twitter will react.

The problem is, no one appears to have the balls to do it... probably cos it will cost them money

1 hour ago, Burnsie said:

Surely it should just take Messi or Ronaldo or an equally big sports star to phone each other up and say, let's quit Twitter for X of time. Enough do it, Twitter will react.

The problem is, no one appears to have the balls to do it... probably cos it will cost them money

Well Thierry Henry did that and f*** all happened. But you're right, they just need sufficient numbers to follow suit

You even had Curtis Woodhouse posting a rant about nobody following Henry's lead and deleting their Twitter account, because they were all more bothered about money. Unfortunately, he posted this rant... on his Twitter account... then quickly deleted it when the hypocrisy was pointed out

just slightly off topic , i doubt those sickos posting the poo they do has anything to do with racism , they would abuse anything what moves if they thought it could hurt someone ,just nasty pieces of work . i meet a lot of people in life through various ways and i cant say ive ever met or spoken to anyone under 50 who has a racist bone , though if you talk to some in there 70s to 90s you do still come across those with those views sadly. 

2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Free speech just means being able to say negative things about your country's government without fear of death.

It has nothing to do which actual speech. Lot of people don't understand that.

• Like 1