Make verified ID a requirement for opening a social media account.

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

Dont these same people tell you how fast to drive,  that murder is wrong, and all the other laws that are out there? 

The speed limit in Scotland is different to that of England, as are drink driving limits.   Scotland has variance when it comes to murder too.  Killing someone could be manslaughter, even if the defendant plunged a knife into someone on purpose, it's not always murder.  It requires a jury to decide, and thankfully such cases are rare enough that 12 people can be taken from their daily lives to act on a jury.   Injury, speed etc are measurable things, whereas opinions are not and no act of parliament can define those.

Re: Racism. 

Is anyone who is against mass immigration racist? 

Is anyone against controlled immigration racist?

Is anyone against any immigration racist

Where is the racist line drawn by parliament?   

6 minutes ago, CJ76 said:

This is it.

Screenshot_20210713-121551_Instagram.jpg

Thanks. 

With a bit of luck, if existing social media platforms are not going to change, most people will close their account s and boycott them and start using something like this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grassy knoll said:

Agreed,  I’d also have good quality cctv up everywhere as well , too many crimes go unpunished, I know this is off topic like but I just want people feeling safer . Too many scumbags getting away with crimes and innocent people getting hurt 

Makes no difference mate..

I've cctv here of a disqualfied drunk drugged driver crashing through my wall and fence 25th June......... and the police said...it wasn't reckless so couldn't charge him with criminal damage....  i kid you not. Had a blazing row with a police inspector yesterday, who made ME out to be a crim.

countries become a tree hugging disgrace.

two grand damage... he got a 120 quid fine that he won't phooking pay

Edited by quinnssweetshop

2 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

Thanks. 

With a bit of luck, if existing social media platforms are not going to change, most people will close their account s and boycott them and start using something like this.

Not that one though if that's their launch

It needs someone to put together a plan, and then have all the major celebs and cool icons to all launch it at the same time, move onto it, and close their accounts on the others to pull folk onto it

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Manwë said:

The speed limit in Scotland is different to that of England, as are drink driving limits.   Scotland has variance when it comes to murder too.  Killing someone could be manslaughter, even if the defendant plunged a knife into someone on purpose, it's not always murder.  It requires a jury to decide, and thankfully such cases are rare enough that 12 people can be taken from their daily lives to act on a jury.   Injury, speed etc are measurable things, whereas opinions are not and no act of parliament can define those.

Re racism, I may be being naive, but depending on the reasons as to why you are against immigration, would determine on whether or not it is racist. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jp1981 said:

Re racism, I may be being naive, but depending on the reasons as to why you are against immigration, would determine on whether or not it is racist. 

What if you don't feel the need to constantly justify yourself to lackwits on the internet?

6 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Makes no difference mate..

I've cctv here of a disqualfied drunk drugged driver crashing through my wall and fence 25th June......... and the police said...it wasn't reckless so couldn't charge him with criminal damage....  i kid you not. Had a blazing row with a police inspector yesterday, who made ME out to be a crim.

countries become a tree hugging disgrace.

two grand damage... he got a 120 quid fine that he won't phooking pay

Fell for you fella. Thats just cr#p

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not that one though if that's their launch

It needs someone to put together a plan, and then have all the major celebs and cool icons to all launch it at the same time, move onto it, and close their accounts on the others to pull folk onto it

All I know is there is no room for these coward's in society.

It's time something was done about it and law's put in place.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Everyone has opinions and that wont change. Saying your opinions out loud is this something else. I believe behaviour and words can be measured. If somebody called you a c#nt (and im not talking about your mate in jest) im pretty sure that can be defined as acceptable or not.

1 minute ago, jp1981 said:

Who's asking you to? I'm not.

Yes you are.

You want me to explain my stance on immigration (and presumably a bunch of other topics) in detail so you can decide whether I should be allowed to use social media or not.

People who are abusive or racist should rightfully be called out on social media profiles and banned. Don't like the idea of having to give my driving licence or passport info to a 3rd party social media company who will no doubt sell my information on to some advertising company. Because they will do 100%. Don't think this is the way to go so can't sign unfortunately. 

Reported some monkey emjois on Saka's Instagram post last night (why the fvvuck there's a monkey emoji anyway)

Instagram got back to me this morning stating that they haven't removed the account as it doesn't go against community guidelines. WTF?

Stick a post up about the vaccine however and they are bang on it almost instantly.

4 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Yes you are.

You want me to explain my stance on immigration (and presumably a bunch of other topics) in detail so you can decide whether I should be allowed to use social media or not.

This is a good point.

Before we ban people from Social Media we need to define terms.

Who's going to define terms?

Edited by Rev Owl

Guest LondonOwl313
10 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

So it requires a form of judgement to determine whether it is or it isn’t. Tbh the law usually gets it right on these issues.. but a lot of people think things are racist that wouldn’t be under current laws.

Everyone can agree on saying things about skin colour and targeting people as being wrong, but on the other areas you need free speech