Macron kit?

Guest Manwithastick

3 hours ago, TINGLE75 said:

Macron make kits for Lazio, Real Sociadad and Sampdoria. Not a bad list of teams to be grouped with. The Samp ones are stunning.

Yes they supply kits to some top European clubs but they’re not good enough for a League 1 team who can’t pay their players wages and are heading for the abyss.  Some owls fans 😀

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

To be fair, Spookone probably just wants the best manufacturer to make our kits and so do I. When you look at the likes of Brentford, Hull and the Dog Botherers who have Umbro, why do we end up with the likes of Sondico, Elev8 and Macron?

Its a step in the right direction but I want the best manufacturer and kits for our club. Not saying Umbro are the best, but I wouldn’t mind either them, Adidas, Nike or Puma. 

There's nothing better about the manufacture of Nike, adidas, Puma or Umbro. They might be more 'prestige' big-name brands (and from a subjective view some might prefer their designs), but the actual manufacturing is often done in the same - or very similar - factories, from similar materials, and by similarly-skilled workers. Some of the big globally-supported clubs might be able to afford the absolute premium stuff on offer, but it comes at a price that nobody else will be able to afford. That premium stuff is only for the top clubs and nobody else - a market we won't be shopping in for a very long time, and probably even if we somehow ended up sneaking our way back to the Premier League someday. Slapping a Nike Swoosh or an adidas Trefoil on cheap articles doesn't suddenly make them better quality.

People didn't like Elev8 because it wasn't a known brand and, although everyone likes to bash the quality of Elev8 kits, it was far superior in material and construction quality to anything we've had since the Puma kits of the '90s (the Diadora kits might be an exception - I seem to remember they were pretty decent quality too). When we had the Puma kits around 2010 with the SCH logo on the front I was disgusted at how poor they were quality-wise, to the point that I seriously wondered if they were genuine Puma items. They looked okay, but they were clearly constructed of materials at the absolute minimum budget.

In my opinion - and sportswear is my industry - the Elev8 kits are one of the very few things that Chansiri has managed to get right.

• Like 2

The point is for those thinking their clever saying what do you expect we can get as a kit manufacturer....

That's the point! It shows how we are back down in the dark again. It's not e expecting Nike or Adidas it's the POINT we are in such a crap place we have to get a tinpot kit manufacturer. The utterly pathetic way we have been run 

Guest gizowl
24 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

There's nothing better about the manufacture of Nike, adidas, Puma or Umbro. They might be more 'prestige' big-name brands (and from a subjective view some might prefer their designs), but the actual manufacturing is often done in the same - or very similar - factories, from similar materials, and by similarly-skilled workers. Some of the big globally-supported clubs might be able to afford the absolute premium stuff on offer, but it comes at a price that nobody else will be able to afford. That premium stuff is only for the top clubs and nobody else - a market we won't be shopping in for a very long time, and probably even if we somehow ended up sneaking our way back to the Premier League someday. Slapping a Nike Swoosh or an adidas Trefoil on cheap articles doesn't suddenly make them better quality.

People didn't like Elev8 because it wasn't a known brand and, although everyone likes to bash the quality of Elev8 kits, it was far superior in material and construction quality to anything we've had since the Puma kits of the '90s (the Diadora kits might be an exception - I seem to remember they were pretty decent quality too). When we had the Puma kits around 2010 with the SCH logo on the front I was disgusted at how poor they were quality-wise, to the point that I seriously wondered if they were genuine Puma items. They looked okay, but they were clearly constructed of materials at the absolute minimum budget.

In my opinion - and sportswear is my industry - the Elev8 kits are one of the very few things that Chansiri has managed to get right.

Correct Nike and Adidas sportswear is good but is becoming obscene price wise its all about vanity wearing their logo. Underarmour Umbro Puma Macron produce excellent sportswear and at some point have had all the top clubs on their books. 

35 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

The point is for those thinking their clever saying what do you expect we can get as a kit manufacturer....

That's the point! It shows how we are back down in the dark again. It's not e expecting Nike or Adidas it's the POINT we are in such a crap place we have to get a tinpot kit manufacturer. The utterly pathetic way we have been run 

18 hours ago, ashley8 said:

Well the only way is up! So we can get a better kit manufacturer!!! Another embarrassing one. We will fit in in the lower leagues now though. Though that's tragic.

Last time we were down in League One, we had a kit made by Puma...

For the last few seasons we've had kids made by Sondico and Elev-8, hardly prestige sports brands.

Of all the things going off atm, this is right down at the bottom to complain about.

Finally, the vast, vast majority of kits these days for lower league sides are boring templates.

4 hours ago, TheSlicer said:

Yea it’s just you 

I’d say Macron is better than puma. 

I wouldn’t haven’t seen one well design kit by Macron - hopefully ours will be the exception.  lol

Edited by Spookone

21 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Expecting a bog standard template kit in all honesty 

That’s what you get off the big firms, highly doubt it’ll be anything too exciting

Unlike Nike/Adidas/Puma etc, Macron make bespoke kits for all their teams. There is no bog standard template they hand out to everyone.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Unlike Nike/Adidas/Puma etc, Macron make bespoke kits for all their teams. There is no bog standard template they hand out to everyone.

Wasn’t aware of that, good stuff , look forward to seeing what the put out 

9 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

For those thinking macron will charge us lots, one of their smaller clubs they have Viktoria Plzen have their kits priced at £55. I'd imagine ours will be that not £70.

I'm sticking with the cheapies in the end of season sale!