Macron kit?

Guest Manwithastick

3 minutes ago, MrEdwards said:

Is it just me that reads that and thinks it's 50/50 we actually end up with a new kit to wear next season. 

How you coming to that conclusion ? 

To be honest, I’m happy with this. I think it’s a step in the right direction. Their kits a good quality and hopefully will be available before the season starts. Let’s hope they are priced reasonably. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MrEdwards said:

Is it just me that reads that and thinks it's 50/50 we actually end up with a new kit to wear next season. 

I thought this bit seemed quite clear:

"Macron will supply the Owls’ official kit and training wear, with the deal commencing from 1 July 2021"

I suppose it's possible the deal could fall through, but I wouldn't have thought it would be officially announced by the club unless it was all signed and sealed already.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, DJNick1212 said:

To be honest, I’m happy with this. I think it’s a step in the right direction. Their kits a good quality and hopefully will be available before the season starts. Let’s hope they are priced reasonably. 

From what I hear the previous kit was good quality, not sure this will be any better in terms of quality. And while I understand some fan’s frustration that our previous kit wasn’t a brand name, Macron isn’t exactly Puma or Nike.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Marro said:

In fairness this is good news for a change.

I have bought Macron Lazio kits for my sons for the last 6 years (often as an excuse to go to Rome!) and they have been excellent.

You don't have to go to Rome to buy the kits, I'm sure you can get them online 🤣

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Pod9 said:

AD1C3DA0-6A90-4806-A603-28816EC23037.thumb.png.15dbd3c6cac7b8ab44ed695e0fc66e10.png

Current Real Sociedad shirt. I’d be really happy with something like this. 

Here are some more pictures/a video of the full kit with players ect. wearing it and Sociedad's away kit from last season too: https://www.realsociedad.eus/en/news/details/our-new-uniforms 

Hopefully the back is like this as well so everyone can actually see the numbers/names instead of what we've previously done:

real-sociedad-20-21-home-away-kits-5.jpg 

• Like 2

Guest gizowl
9 hours ago, Spookone said:

From what I hear the previous kit was good quality, not sure this will be any better in terms of quality. And while I understand some fan’s frustration that our previous kit wasn’t a brand name, Macron isn’t exactly Puma or Nike.

Just can't please some people.

1 hour ago, gizowl said:

Just can't please some people.

To be fair, Spookone probably just wants the best manufacturer to make our kits and so do I. When you look at the likes of Brentford, Hull and the Dog Botherers who have Umbro, why do we end up with the likes of Sondico, Elev8 and Macron?

Its a step in the right direction but I want the best manufacturer and kits for our club. Not saying Umbro are the best, but I wouldn’t mind either them, Adidas, Nike or Puma. 

• Haha 1

Guest gizowl
2 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

To be fair, Spookone probably just wants the best manufacturer to make our kits and so do I. When you look at the likes of Brentford, Hull and the Dog Botherers who have Umbro, why do we end up with the likes of Sondico, Elev8 and Macron?

Its a step in the right direction but I want the best manufacturer and kits for our club. Not saying Umbro are the best, but I wouldn’t mind either them, Adidas, Nike or Puma. 

Got to remember where we are right now and probably offered the best deal for us at this time. Your bigger brands have all the top clubs from all around the world on their portfolio who are on TV most weeks, our TV appearances have dropped even further due to relegation. The pigs 🐖 had to go cap in hand and beg a deal with Adidas but when hopefully we turn our fortunes around the higher profile brands will come to us. 

20 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Macron make kits for Lazio, Real Sociadad and Sampdoria. Not a bad list of teams to be grouped with. The Samp ones are stunning.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Macron is much better than Umbro these days, and leagues above Sondico

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MrEdwards said:

Yea it’s just you 

14 hours ago, Spookone said:

I’d say Macron is better than puma. 

Guest Grandad
2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

https://www.nssmag.com/en/sports/13672/macron-brand-calcio

Also couldn't find it but read an article a couple of years ago about how popular Macron's Scotland rugby shirt had been with youths, apparently they were going mad for it north of the border

I've always found Scottish youths to be absolutely at the forefront of fashion