Sheffield Wednesday Supporters Trust Letter To Members Re Season Ticket Refunds

Guest Hornsby
7 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Sadly at the moment the Club is merely an extension of Clueless's persona. If they are not communicating, it is because they are under orders not too.

The biggest worry for me would be if the orders haven't come from Clueless himself but from the Auditors because we are trading insolvently.

That's not an auditors job .

On 25/06/2021 at 21:46, Utah Owl said:

Are they helping the club though?

Or are they merely (unwittingly) helping a thoroughly incompetent and dishonest owner who has been totally profligate with the slubs (supporters) money avoid his responsibilities?

Sadly for us, it's the same thing. But the club does need money to survive. How that is spent, or misused, is down to DC, but bills must be paid at the end of the day and the money has to come from somewhere. It's either that, or we could be looking at scenario much worse and much sooner than we can imagine.

On 25/06/2021 at 14:19, JOCOWl said:

Just chased my money again.... The response was "you will definitely get your money back, that is the commitment from the club, but the off field situation needs to improve first, so unable to give a timescale"

I have a 20- 21 season ticket. I do not want to use that money for a new season ticket partly because I expected that I would get a refund of the small amount of money I am owed by the club for the end of the 2019-20 season if I renewed.

This has not been promised.

Some people lost money when their shares became worthless when Mandaric rescued the club.
Seems like one way traffic of losing money on this club.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest Hornsby
20 hours ago, victorturner said:

I have a 20- 21 season ticket. I do not want to use that money for a new season ticket partly because I expected that I would get a refund of the small amount of money I am owed by the club for the end of the 2019-20 season if I renewed.

This has not been promised.

Some people lost money when their shares became worthless when Mandaric rescued the club.
Seems like one way traffic of losing money on this club.

But we voted for share dilution.

Chansiri just keeping refunds unilaterally.

Hence why he folded fans county court case.

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

But we voted for share dilution.

Chansiri just keeping refunds unilaterally.

Hence why he folded fans county court case.

I thought we lost the share value because the club /plc was in administration. Don't remember voting for share dilution.

Neither the old plc nor Mandaric did anything to compensate us. Manadaric blamed the old regime when asked. Either way shareholders lost money and now season ticket holders are having their money held as a credit instead of being  reimbursed.

Guest Hornsby
1 hour ago, victorturner said:

I thought we lost the share value because the club /plc was in administration. Don't remember voting for share dilution.

Neither the old plc nor Mandaric did anything to compensate us. Manadaric blamed the old regime when asked. Either way shareholders lost money and now season ticket holders are having their money held as a credit instead of being  reimbursed.

Club was never in Admin.

I had B shares and was asked to vote to amalgamate shares to pave way for Mandaric to take over.

Was happy to do so. On value then, after Charterhouse and club debts , B shares worth little anyway.

If you had A or original shares, yes big loss then.

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

Club was never in Admin.

I had B shares and was asked to vote to amalgamate shares to pave way for Mandaric to take over.

Was happy to do so. On value then, after Charterhouse and club debts , B shares worth little anyway.

If you had A or original shares, yes big loss then.

That sounds like a very good explanation for which very grateful. I must have had A shares hence total loss. The club was on the point of administration with our management begging someone to emerge and rescue us ...your memory better than mine..wonder if there is a history of this in a recent book...that person being Mandaric. 

Guest Hornsby
16 minutes ago, victorturner said:

That sounds like a very good explanation for which very grateful. I must have had A shares hence total loss. The club was on the point of administration with our management begging someone to emerge and rescue us ...your memory better than mine..wonder if there is a history of this in a recent book...that person being Mandaric. 

Yes, true on brink.Like now.

Just an update for anyone interested...

I got no response from the club in the standard money claim period so was asked if I wanted to escalate and raise a CCJ instead. Obviously, I didn't really WANT to but I felt I had to so did so.

During the 10 day wait period for a CCJ to be established I received a call from Alistair at the club. He asked me to confirm my bank details and said I'd be refunded in full (plus the £70 claim fee) in the next 24 hours.

In all, happy I got the refund and glad the club saw sense but really disappointed in what it took to get there. If you want to do the same just be prepared to sit and wait for a month or two.

Luckily things on the pitch are looking up so I'm finding it easier to look past it! That and my bank balance has improved unexpectedly. 👍

• Like 4
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

I got no response from the club in the standard money claim period so was asked if I wanted to escalate and raise a CCJ instead. Obviously, I didn't really WANT to but I felt I had to so did so.

During the 10 day wait period for a CCJ to be established I received a call from Alistair at the club. He asked me to confirm my bank details and said I'd be refunded in full (plus the £70 claim fee) in the next 24 hours.

In all, happy I got the refund and glad the club saw sense but really disappointed in what it took to get there. If you want to do the same just be prepared to sit and wait for a month or two.

Luckily things on the pitch are looking up so I'm finding it easier to look past it! That and my bank balance has improved unexpectedly. 👍

That’s just plain stupid by the club. Fail to refund £100, so end up refunding £170. Come on Wednesday get your act together on this. Beyond a joke now. Things finally getting sorted but they are letting this fester. I’m being really patient, but if it’s not sorted soon I’m going to have to do the same.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

I did the same (for 19/20 and 20/21) but the club asked for an extension to the claim period, saying they were going to contest it. When they didn’t respond in the extended period allowed, I filed for a CCJ which was awarded. It was only after this that I got a call asking me for my bank details. After all this time and multiple requests and emails from me, this call has been the only direct communication I’ve had from the club since before lockdown (apart from a happy Christmas email). And it seems you have to go down the legal route to get anything out of them.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Funkenstein said:

I did the same (for 19/20 and 20/21) but the club asked for an extension to the claim period, saying they were going to contest it. When they didn’t respond in the extended period allowed, I filed for a CCJ which was awarded. It was only after this that I got a call asking me for my bank details. After all this time and multiple requests and emails from me, this call has been the only direct communication I’ve had from the club since before lockdown (apart from a happy Christmas email). And it seems you have to go down the legal route to get anything out of them.

It's disgusting that fans have to do this. And stupidity on the clubs part 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Chansiri, definitively f'd up many things. The season ticket refunds policy of credit is the same as most clubs (I haven't seen any club not giving credit in the first instance). The non payment for those who requested is wrong, naive and stupid.

Fortunately, Chansiri appears to have learnt a lot of lessons and the Club is now moving in the right directions, hopefully this has/will include paying all refunds in cash to those who want it.

Similarly, the Supporters Trust has made some naive decisions and hopefully it to will also learn from them and move in the right direction - representing (all) the supporters.

https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/news/view,matchday-scheme-used-by-those-who-have-suffered-covid-impact_39361.htm is an example both the Club and the Trust could have better helped supporters.

• Like 2

Just now, Rotherham Owl said:

Chansiri, definitively f'd up many things. The season ticket refunds policy of credit is the same as most clubs (I haven't seen any club not giving credit in the first instance). The non payment for those who requested is wrong, naive and stupid.

Fortunately, Chansiri appears to have learnt a lot of lessons and the Club is now moving in the right directions, hopefully this has/will include paying all refunds in cash to those who want it.

Similarly, the Supporters Trust has made some naive decisions and hopefully it to will also learn from them and move in the right direction - representing (all) the supporters.

https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/news/view,matchday-scheme-used-by-those-who-have-suffered-covid-impact_39361.htm is an example both the Club and the Trust could have better helped supporters.

Very fair assessment that mate 

Owlstalk Shop

On 27/08/2021 at 13:13, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Somehow that doesn't sit right with me.   

Good morning all i read an article where a couple of fans had taken them to civil court, so last Friday i emailed SWFC threatening them with taking them to the civil rights court and low and behold they rang me Saturday morning with my £77.17p refund. But i must admit they still have £75 in my account which is the reduction for this seasons ticket from last seasons prices, they tell me this ammount has to be used for the purchase of cup tickets and can't be used in the club shop at the moment. But i would have to take this up with them as a seperate issue.