Sheffield Wednesday Supporters Trust Letter To Members Re Season Ticket Refunds

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

What’s that got to do with the price of fish. Supporters groups should stick to travel, kids initiatives and tombolas. Stay out of the politics, unless they’ve got the financial muscle to influence the key issue.  

Stop fanning the flames. I’m sure people are smart enough to make their own minds up on how to get their mine back, which they are rightfully due. 

They don't have the financial muscle, everyone knows that.  They do have, however, supporter muscle and it's growing, just as the man with the financial muscle is losing that muscle.

Fans are more important to the Club than Chansiri or any other suit will ever be.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Manwë said:

They don't have the financial muscle, everyone knows that.  They do have, however, supporter muscle and it's growing, just as the man with the financial muscle is losing that muscle.

Fans are more important to the Club than Chansiri or any other suit will ever be.

That theory worked in 1989. It’s a money game now, nothing else. Supporter muscle counts for nothing I’m afraid, and like the European Super League, the money men will do what they want, and get what they want eventually. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

It's been said a few times I think and it's worth repeating.

Honesty at the outset rather than this unseemly fudge would have been the best policy.

All we've got now is a nasty stink. Lying by omission was never going to work and has sapped a lot of residual good will.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, vulva said:

What’s that got to do with the price of fish. Supporters groups should stick to travel, kids initiatives and tombolas. Stay out of the politics, unless they’ve got the financial muscle to influence the key issue.   

Not sure you understand supporters groups mate

They're not there to enable the millionaire/billionaires actions that are to the detriment of the supporters - they're there to do the opposite

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, vulva said:

That theory worked in 1989. It’s a money game now, nothing else. Supporter muscle counts for nothing I’m afraid, and like the European Super League, the money men will do what they want, and get what they want eventually. 

In the Champions League, maybe, even though the ESL 6(12) soon changed their mind.

In League One?  A very different story.  We're going to come across the Cheltenhams of this world.  A small club with 3k-5k gates, and local businessmen running them, sponsored by local business on the same estate as the stadium.  We're in the same League.  Having a money man has clearly not helped Wednesday, yet with all the money in the world, the money man is relying on keeping fans' money to fund the club rather than offering them a refund.  You may be right about the money men and the game of football, I'm an idealist.   Where's our money man?  He's nowhere.  Where are the fans?  Right there, funding this club.  

There's a poster, on here, who is unwell by the sounds of it, just a normal Wednesday fan who now has to go through a legal process to get money owed because the Club have an attitude of entitlement rather than an attitude of legal duty.  Why should someone who is unwell have to take on the club he/she supports to get Wednesday to refund him/her?

If the Trust are helping unwell or poor supporters get their money owed, then I don't think any criticism can be aimed at them.

• Like 7

Guest Hornsby
41 minutes ago, vulva said:

Stop fanning the flames. I’m sure people are smart enough to make their own minds up on how to get their mine back, which they are rightfully due. 

Fine for you ,may be rich enough or articulate enuf to sort yourself.

Some of our fellow Owls are in trouble after Covid etc and need any help given.

Fans have more financial muscle than Chansiri now, why he is illegally keeping their cash.

Small Claims on line. Easy.

1 hour ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

It's entirely down to the individual on what choice they make with their money....but when they do make the choice, it should be honoured whether it is what the club want or not.

I submitted a Civil Money Claim this week. I hated having to do it mind, felt horrible. What else can you do when the club won't reply to a genuine refund request though?

Will report back on here when I get a response.

Seems a bit backward to me because, for each claim submitted, the club will have an extra £70 to pay the claimant (to cover the claim cost itself). 

Genuinely upsetting period for us all.

I've done exactly the same this week mate. Requested my refund 30th June last year, now a full year later enough is enough. I don't need the money, but I'm not prepared to be mugged off by Chansiri anymore. Its the principle of it  

When I get the money back, its going to the children's hospital charity. 

• Like 6

I honestly can't believe that people will criticise the trust and criticise fans for wanting refunds.

For me it's not even down to the actual money. It's about some actual decency, respect for fans and running the club properly. We've got an owner that thought he was above EFL rules and now think he's above basic consumer law. I've no doubt at all that this approach by the club not to offer refunds was simply to blinker fans into believing they had no rights and as such go ahead and just renew as they have no other choice. He's treating people like absolute mugs.

On a personal view point I don't think we should be leaving money in the club. Perhaps if the club was open with the club about what the issues were and what the club strategy was moving forwards, it would be easier to be more understanding and supportive. But we literally know nothing. The financial issues are odd to say the least and what we do know is that the companies that Mr Chansiri is associated with have performed well during Covid. 

In any event, the sum of fans ticket refunds are a drop in the ocean, in the context of the wider financial issues and club expenses. Even in recent times, we've paid off 2 managers (one who even offered to resign), have still refused to sell and loan out players and ignored even basic commercial revenue streams. And the fans are being requested to essentially plug gaps for what is essentially stubbornness and incompetence.

I get how important attending games are for fans, I really do, but I can't help but feel that we're feeding the circus by sitting back, doing nothing and paying money. Areas like the trust have a voice and some exposure, even if it's not that large. We need these things heard and out there, in order to increase the pressure on the chairman to look to sell up and leave. As surely we all recognise by now that the longer he's here the worse it's going to get. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

It’s time for some honesty from the club.  If the chairman no longer has the financial resources to fund the club and needs all 20/21 season ticket holders to leave the money in their accounts, most will understand the situation and act in the club’s best interest.  Anyone who needs their money back should receive it as soon as possible .

Time to come clean Mr Chansiri.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, 1867Heaven said:

If you want a refund that’s fine but to encourage others to not leave their money in the club if they choose is ludicrous, I bet you’re one of them who lost their sh 1t over us getting a CEO who once referred to fans as customers??

What a weird post to make about a fan who is genuinely pìssed off.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, 1867Heaven said:

If you want a refund that’s fine but to encourage others to not leave their money in the club if they choose is ludicrous, I bet you’re one of them who lost their sh 1t over us getting a CEO who once referred to fans as customers??

I was one of them fans not customers though....

Guest Hornsby
3 hours ago, bazapeps said:

I honestly can't believe that people will criticise the trust and criticise fans for wanting refunds.

For me it's not even down to the actual money. It's about some actual decency, respect for fans and running the club properly. We've got an owner that thought he was above EFL rules and now think he's above basic consumer law. I've no doubt at all that this approach by the club not to offer refunds was simply to blinker fans into believing they had no rights and as such go ahead and just renew as they have no other choice. He's treating people like absolute mugs.

On a personal view point I don't think we should be leaving money in the club. Perhaps if the club was open with the club about what the issues were and what the club strategy was moving forwards, it would be easier to be more understanding and supportive. But we literally know nothing. The financial issues are odd to say the least and what we do know is that the companies that Mr Chansiri is associated with have performed well during Covid. 

In any event, the sum of fans ticket refunds are a drop in the ocean, in the context of the wider financial issues and club expenses. Even in recent times, we've paid off 2 managers (one who even offered to resign), have still refused to sell and loan out players and ignored even basic commercial revenue streams. And the fans are being requested to essentially plug gaps for what is essentially stubbornness and incompetence.

I get how important attending games are for fans, I really do, but I can't help but feel that we're feeding the circus by sitting back, doing nothing and paying money. Areas like the trust have a voice and some exposure, even if it's not that large. We need these things heard and out there, in order to increase the pressure on the chairman to look to sell up and leave. As surely we all recognise by now that the longer he's here the worse it's going to get. 

Agendas. Trust doing well. Club skint. 

Only player trading for profit will bring us back.

how long does he get away with it then....

I made my decision to leave the money in my ticket account...my preference , i needed no urging and it wasn't to "help" chansiri out...it was because that was what I would spend it on anyway.

Some fans have chosen to get the money back...and its not a point of what circumstances they are in..its THEIR money.

The fact that some fans are struggling because of the lock down, lowered wages, reduced income should focus Chansiris mind, but its hardly the bloody point.

He OWES fans money...Makes a mockery out of the "honourable" crap we have had before....and the "Oh but look how much money he has put in...Its simply not the point

Wednesday are still rumoured to be after players...What are they paying with?   Money that belongs to someone else?

If its Chansiris money..He ought to use it to pay the fans back first of all....because they are the lifeblood of this shambles in the long run

Fans would also have had more patience had he made some sort of statement regarding the finances of the club....but sod all...No wonder patience is wearing thin

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Sham67 said:

Thanks.  We had a theory that everyone who bought a 20/21 ST had been refunded for 19/20 and those that hadn’t weren’t.  Your situation looks to have disproven this.  It’s looks worse than we thought.

Just chased my money again.... The response was "you will definitely get your money back, that is the commitment from the club, but the off field situation needs to improve first, so unable to give a timescale"

28 minutes ago, JOCOWl said:

Just chased my money again.... The response was "you will definitely get your money back, that is the commitment from the club, but the off field situation needs to improve first, so unable to give a timescale"

The off field situation"

Like fans asking for their cash back?lol

4 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

What a weird post to make about a fan who is genuinely pìssed off.

A fan encouraging other fans not to leave their money in the club? Fans all over the world are celebrating their fans who didn’t ask for refunds....our fans??? Encouraging others to not leave their money in club, which worded like that involves any option bar cold hard cash, and even worse getting support from other fans for suck encouragement!!!! 

Mind boggles

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JumboRex said:

not at all, barely lose my poo over anything to be honest. If you bought a TV that didn’t work, would you not take it for a refund because the appliance store didn’t make a profit last year? 

I’ve no problem with people wanting refunds, but encouraging other fans to not leave their money in the club and then labelling it ludicrous is bizarre, if the TV shop offered you a replacement would you not accept it?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

A fan encouraging other fans not to leave their money in the club? Fans all over the world are celebrating their fans who didn’t ask for refunds....our fans??? Encouraging others to not leave their money in club, which worded like that involves any option bar cold hard cash, and even worse getting support from other fans for suck encouragement!!!! 

Mind boggles

Not really

It's really easy to understand when you see how the head of the organisation has treat the employees, the staff and even more relevant THE CUSTOMERS (fans in our eyes)

We're not dealing with the same scenario as at other clubs where there is an aura of togetherness.

We are talking about our club where there is a huge chasm between chairman and fans which is solely, only and exclusively down to the way the Chairman has behaved towards the fans

So no - the mind DOESN'T boggle when fans are cheesed off and not willing to give the chairman another penny of their money

(some who are STILL waiting for refunds that the chairman himself promised them they would get)

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Still waiting for my 19/20 refund. Emailed the club, not even an acknowledgement. Been a fan over 50 years, most of which as a season ticket holder. They can’t even be arsed to acknowledge a very polite email after a year without so much as an” I will be with you in a moment”.

The communication from the club has never been brilliant, but it’s plumbi new depths every week now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1