Sheffield Wednesday Supporters Trust Letter To Members Re Season Ticket Refunds

I have heard people say asking for a refund is a bit like chasing money from a family member.

To me its like asking money back from a family member who says it's delayed due to cash flow problems but has just got a new car and his house redecorated. 

The club (Chansiri really) is taking the urine.

If we we signing and playing 18 year olds released by Walsall then I would be a but more reluctant to be moaning about not getting my refund 14 months after requesting one.

But we are in League 1 and signing players plenty of players on Championship wages. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 25/06/2021 at 07:36, vulva said:

That statement is very much loading the gun and getting someone else to fire the bullets. 

Hammer/ nail, it's a veiled threat,

if you don't refund we can tell members the line of recourse.

16 hours ago, Wee Willie Henderson said:

Received the call yesterday to sort out me and my sons (under 25) season ticket refund for the 19/20 season.

Things do come to those who wait 😊

The club appear to have ramped up the process a bit, 4 family members who hadn't heard anything have now been contacted, and two of us, who have been reimbursed last year also got calls.  Didn't want to upset DC by getting a second refund, so owned up and got an apology for the inconvenience.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

EmaIled the club about the Bristol away money and received no answer. Rang up last week to be told all refunds would be sorted and somebody would be in touch but couldn’t have a refund yet. Explained I’d already had my season ticket money refunded, just wanted the Bristol money. Asked my for my bank details and money was in by Saturday. Strange working practices. 

2 hours ago, stanningtonowl said:

EmaIled the club about the Bristol away money and received no answer. Rang up last week to be told all refunds would be sorted and somebody would be in touch but couldn’t have a refund yet. Explained I’d already had my season ticket money refunded, just wanted the Bristol money. Asked my for my bank details and money was in by Saturday. Strange working practices. 

No Bristol tickets or coach tickets refunded here as well. Suppose there must have being thousands like me who applied on the 1st day for the refund for the 5 games and that's why I haven't being phoned yet.

7 hours ago, stanningtonowl said:

Someone I know that didn't even apply for anything ( let the club off) then asked for a refund to be granted on their new ST and it was ! Fair play to the ticket office and staff for doing it 👏  but it just goes to show that things can be 'sorted' if you can flutter your eyelashes at the right people.

Have to put allegedly in somewhere to cover my arse tho .

I got so sick of phoning about the last 5 games of 19/20 season and having no stomach for going the legal route that after reading in the disappeared thread that one contributor had gotten his back as a ticket credit i asked to go that way too even though i didn't want to.

I had spoken with Trevor Braithwait about my frustration with the situation and he very kindly sorted me out 

I received an email telling me it was all set up just had to confirm whether i wanted a shop credit or a ticket credit, luckily ,as it turned out, i was in an area of Derbyshire where i had no signal when i noticed the email so couldn't immediately reply as i would have done. Just before i reached work where i was going to send my preference email reply i got a phone call from SWFC to arrange my cash refund just needed my account details, it was all sorted in about 2 mins, money back frustration over  

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Greengrass said:

Got a phone call from Mark on Saturday (number ends 1867) told me refund for 19/20 season would take a couple of days. Got it Tuesday £120.65 (north stand).

Glad to hear that the club are doing still doing refunds as I got the impression from the now deleted thread the club had stopped doing them again.

Still not got mine and feel a bit insulted it has taken so long when all the excuses for the delay had basically been BS.

Very reluctant to get another season ticket after this season with the appalling customer service no matter what division we are in next year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Glad to hear that the club are doing still doing refunds as I got the impression from the now deleted thread the club had stopped doing them again.

Still not got mine and feel a bit insulted it has taken so long when all the excuses for the delay had basically been BS.

Very reluctant to get another season ticket after this season with the appalling customer service no matter what division we are in next year.

When buying a season ticket customer service isn’t even on my list of criteria. Settees, holidays, cinema, new shoes. Possibly. But not football. 

21 minutes ago, vulva said:

When buying a season ticket customer service isn’t even on my list of criteria. Settees, holidays, cinema, new shoes. Possibly. But not football. 

Think that's one of the reasons football clubs know they can get away with high prices and poor service as fans are too loyal sometimes for they own good.

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Came completely out of the blue saw the first 4 digits of their tel number 0370 thought it was sky trying to flog me another package.

15 hours ago, TommyCraig said:

What's happened with the trust? Saw a thread headline about some removal from a panel or similar, on my Google headlines thing. Came on here to look but thread has apparently been removed. 

Nothing to see here.. move along