Sheffield Wednesday Supporters Trust Letter To Members Re Season Ticket Refunds

2 hours ago, 1867Heaven said:

A fan encouraging other fans not to leave their money in the club? Fans all over the world are celebrating their fans who didn’t ask for refunds....our fans??? Encouraging others to not leave their money in club, which worded like that involves any option bar cold hard cash, and even worse getting support from other fans for suck encouragement!!!! 

Mind boggles

You can be a fan and still unhappy...This club is ********' fans over...and has been since the prices went up.....

Sit back and swallow it?

I only get a season ticket cos ive done it since Noah said... "I think its startin' to spit"....doesn't make me any more or less of a fan than any other Owls fan...Its my preference...I sometimes need saving from myself

At least such as Dave Allen would call you out....Chansiri???..can't even be bothered to interact

All he had to say was "We are in a bit of financial difficulty...could the fans help out"....wadda we get?      jack bloody sheeite.....and to ignore the plight of those Owls fans who NEED the money..is absolutely disgusting...

On top of that...what have we come to.... F.ookin' "Means testing" for football supporters?....They deserve their money back..because its THEIR money

To be bluntly honest...The way the club has been run lately...they should be paying us to come

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, 1867Heaven said:

I’ve no problem with people wanting refunds, but encouraging other fans to not leave their money in the club and then labelling it ludicrous is bizarre, if the TV shop offered you a replacement would you not accept it?

not if I wasn’t sure that A) the tv will exist B) if it would work

I don’t think you understand my point 

38 minutes ago, JumboRex said:

not if I wasn’t sure that A) the tv will exist B) if it would work

I don’t think you understand my point 

I don’t think you understand mine.....neither do any of the other posters I’ve had replying either......

Be as pissed off as you want, just don’t judge other fans who want to keep their money in the club.....

I got my “TV” within 48 hours last year....it still works.....you can even get I follow on it....😂😂

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

But you're ok to judge those who disagree with your perspective?

Come on now...

Let's be fair

I don’t crop what I’m replying to and I’m just pointing out that trying to sabotage other fans good will is not the way forward..

1 minute ago, 1867Heaven said:

I don’t crop what I’m replying to and I’m just pointing out that trying to sabotage other fans good will is not the way forward..

Is it "Good will"...mine certainly isn't...its paying for something I was gonna pay for anyhow....Unless you have bought 2 season tickets this year...when you need just the one

All I see this thread for..is a walkthrough for some less fortunate to get their bloody money back....Its not an exhortation for others to take their money out....funnily enough the club is making it so much easier to leave it in....Wheres the fault lie?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

trying to sabotage other fans good will is not the way forward..

You're being overdramatic

The whole point of this thread is to assist fans who need help

Sorry you're siding with the multi-millionaire over the ordinary fellow fan

Sad to see that

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You're being overdramatic

The whole point of this thread is to assist fans who need help

Sorry you're siding with the multi-millionaire over the ordinary fellow fan

Sad to see that

You keep cropping my replies, I’m siding with the fans who wanted to keep their money in the club, nothing more, nothing less

3 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

I’m siding with the fans who wanted to keep their money in the club, nothing more, nothing less

Not correct

if that was true there'd be no challenge on what you've said earlier

You're judging fans who don't have your stance and then saying people shouldn't be judged

You're also criticising fans who are angry and suggesting fans don't give Chansiri any more cash - and now you're trying to say you're not?!

Come on.. 

Play fair here

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

You keep cropping my replies, I’m siding with the fans who wanted to keep their money in the club, nothing more, nothing less

Theres no need to "Side" with them...They can obviously afford to,,,,and were obviously gonna spend the money on attending anyway

this thread is about...this

The clubs in the wrong legally...but more important...morally

Put yourself in the position of some poor bugger who hasn't the wherewithal, and sadly the mental acumen to know how to go about getting his money back...His Landlord is asking for this money or he faces eviction...This thread might help such as him....

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

37 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not correct

if that was true there'd be no challenge on what you've said earlier

You're judging fans who don't have your stance and then saying people shouldn't be judged

You're also criticising fans who are angry and suggesting fans don't give Chansiri any more cash - and now you're trying to say you're not?!

Come on.. 

Play fair here

My first comment was in response to someone encouraged fans not to keep their money in the club, all responses after have been towards that, if I’d not of seen that comment I wouldn’t of commented.

6 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

My first comment was in response to someone encouraged fans not to keep their money in the club, all responses after have been towards that, if I’d not of seen that comment I wouldn’t of commented.

Either way 

You're backing a multi-millionaire chairman (who's disrespected our fans repeatedly) over ordinary fellow fans

No offence but not only do I disagree with your stance but I'm now at the point where I can't believe a word you post

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That is the only thing I’m doing in this particular thread.

If fans want to keep their money in the club then it shouldn’t be a topic for any kind of criticism, no grey area, no reason to elaborate or add further argument. 

Just simply that.

The oddest thing here is that we have a statement from the Supporters' Trust when it should be the club's job, surely?

I strongly believe that if this had been dealt with by communicating in the first place the fans who have bought season tickets might have been a little more generous.

By comparison, cricket has been upfront and cut their cloth accordingly over the past 15 months. Very few people have been jumping up and down demanding refunds because the clubs communicated with their members on a regular basis. By contrast, we've heard relatively little.

As my grandad would have said "Take the people with you... they will carry you when you get tired"

He also said "If information doesn't exist, it will invent itself"

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 24/06/2021 at 13:51, ChapSmurf said:

That's up to the individuals. If they wish to leave their money in the club, they can. Their money; their choice. It's also not ludicrous to suggest that financially, this would be helping the club during what is a global downturn in finances within the sport.

The flip-side is just as black and white. Those who have asked for a refund, whatever their reasons, should get one, without having to jump through hoops of flaming fire to get it.

People will make their choices based on their own individual circumstances and beliefs.

Are they helping the club though?

Or are they merely (unwittingly) helping a thoroughly incompetent and dishonest owner who has been totally profligate with the slubs (supporters) money avoid his responsibilities?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Musn't Grumble said:

The oddest thing here is that we have a statement from the Supporters' Trust when it should be the club's job, surely?

I strongly believe that if this had been dealt with by communicating in the first place the fans who have bought season tickets might have been a little more generous.

By comparison, cricket has been upfront and cut their cloth accordingly over the past 15 months. Very few people have been jumping up and down demanding refunds because the clubs communicated with their members on a regular basis. By contrast, we've heard relatively little.

As my grandad would have said "Take the people with you... they will carry you when you get tired"

He also said "If information doesn't exist, it will invent itself"

Sadly at the moment the Club is merely an extension of Clueless's persona. If they are not communicating, it is because they are under orders not too.

The biggest worry for me would be if the orders haven't come from Clueless himself but from the Auditors because we are trading insolvently.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Sadly at the moment the Club is merely an extension of Clueless's persona. If they are not communicating, it is because they are under orders not too.

The biggest worry for me would be if the orders haven't come from Clueless himself but from the Auditors because we are trading insolvently.

I think you could well be correct, Utah.

The lack of activity has gone on far too long - over 15 months - for there to be some sort of miracle recovery in the way the club keeps its fans informed.

• Like 1