Players furloughed !!

37 minutes ago, scram said:

Furlough is a maximum of around £2,600 per month isn't it?

An employer can choose to top up Furlough pay by as much as they want. In theory, all players could be furloughed so the government would pay the first £2500 per month. 

49 minutes ago, Plonk said:

This is what really wee wees me off with “ rumours” and not just football. Why don’t people use their brains or google, if you don’t have one,to look at how realistic it is. If the answer is “ highly unlikely” why bother repeating it?

“ ooh heard we are signing Brian Deane. Dem baldeswill be right pissed off”

No they won’t he’s 62 years old, they will think Wednesday fans are morons for even considering it.

Please think before you write.

33 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

So, to sum up:

If you ignore the fact that football clubs are not allowed to furlough players (at least at our level)

And you ignore the fact that the maximum monthly furlough is way lower than any player's weekly wages.

And you ignore the fact that football has specific contracts that guarantees them pay until the end of July.

Then there might be some life in this rumour. I'm sure there'll be some twitter 'journalist' with 150 followers reporting this as facts coming from anonymous sources within the hour.

No need to shoot the messenger lads. He did say it was only a rumour. Why the hostility?

As it happens, do either of you fancy a wager?

I reckon it’s true.

Let me know how much. 😜

• Like 1

Just now, Youth Hawker said:

No need to shoot the messenger lads. He did say it was only a rumour. Why the hostility?

As it happens, do either of you fancy a wager?

I reckon it’s true.

Let me know how much. 😜

I'm not attacking the poster directly, or at least not intentionally.

More a reflection of how the thread went. The fact that within a few posts it had been blown put of the water.

I didn't know about the payments in July before the thread so I'm not exactly the font of all knowledge myself.

Having said that, Plonk is right that people are far too quick to post rumours when it is just something they heard in the street.

My point about the twitter 'journalists' has been born out time and again though. How many times have we seen a 'story' from someone on twitter who has less followers than your average teenager, which someone then picks up and posts on here and the hive mind that is Owlstalk then go on to discuss it like it is gospel truth?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

More a reflection of how the thread went. The fact that within a few posts it had been blown put of the water.

I didn't know about the payments in July before the thread so I'm not exactly the font of all knowledge myself.

Having said that, Plonk is right that people are far too quick to post rumours when it is just something they heard in the street.

My point about the twitter 'journalists' has been born out time and again though. How many times have we seen a 'story' from someone on twitter who has less followers than your average teenager, which someone then picks up and posts on here and the hive mind that is Owlstalk then go on to discuss it like it is gospel truth?

It happens. In this case, I happen to have heard the same ‘rumour’.  I wouldn’t post it on here but certainly didn’t get it from twitter.

The reason I defended the originator is because I just checked his recent posts and thought this bloke is probably in the know. 

On the Nixon-Still not paid thread he posted “the pfa have been notified by a staff member apparently”. So I’m guessing the bloke posted something he knows factually,  as a rumour to put this out there.

I see the user prowl wants to continue with the ridicule. If he wants to put his money where his  mouth is and have the wager, I’ll be more than happy to accommodate him. Just let me know how much?

39 minutes ago, prowl said:

I've been told by a usually very reliable source we are signing Brian Deane. Anybody else heard anything?

Even at 53 I think I’d give him a place on the subs bench. Just looked him up on The Interweb and apparently he owns a club in Kosovo! Maybe he’s just warming up for buying us out?

3 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Even at 53 I think I’d give him a place on the subs bench. Just looked him up on The Interweb and apparently he owns a club in Kosovo! Maybe he’s just warming up for buying us out?

And this is just how this nonsense starts. Didn’t mean to have a pop at the OP. Just some of the stuff you you hear just defies logic. And us football fans are very good at defying logic

17 hours ago, Andysowls said:

Another day in t’soap opera that’s SWFC…..it’s a rollercoaster but I fückin’ love this club….imagine supporting a boring club like Spurs or Burnley😬😂

burnley AAAARGH!

you wouldn't have trouble sleeping.

but with us it's like trying to nod off on a freefalling airliner.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Youth Hawker said:

It happens. In this case, I happen to have heard the same ‘rumour’.  I wouldn’t post it on here but certainly didn’t get it from twitter.

The reason I defended the originator is because I just checked his recent posts and thought this bloke is probably in the know. 

On the Nixon-Still not paid thread he posted “the pfa have been notified by a staff member apparently”. So I’m guessing the bloke posted something he knows factually,  as a rumour to put this out there.

I see the user prowl wants to continue with the ridicule. If he wants to put his money where his  mouth is and have the wager, I’ll be more than happy to accommodate him. Just let me know how much?

tenor.gif

3 hours ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

What if it’s TRUE tho

Owlstalk Shop