Players furloughed !!

You can’t put an employee on furlough purely to cover their annual leave, seeing how all the players are now on holiday I suspect it’s highly unlikely. 

Secondly the maximum claim on furlough is £2500/month so doubt many players would be happy with that. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kopparberg said:

Depending on when the released players contracts expire, we have a small squad. 

Would be scary if it made sense. 

All player contracts end 30th June, any player hasn’t secured a club by the end of July is also paid for July. 

• Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

Heard a rumour some players have been furloughed . Anyone else heard owt or know if it’s even true ? 

Most of the team last season.

Thought furlough had ended, probably just another made up club bashing rumour.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

All player contracts end 30th June, any player hasn’t secured a club by the end of July is also paid for July. 

Dont think that’s quite accurate 

I understand that there is a one month severance payment as standard at the end of contracts

Not linked to a new contract, rather the expiry of the old one

Guest Therealrealist
4 hours ago, the third man said:

Not true, not allowed to happen when there was no football so not going to be allowed now

Dover packed in and  furloughed there players last year

50 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Dont think that’s quite accurate 

I understand that there is a one month severance payment as standard at the end of contracts

Not linked to a new contract, rather the expiry of the old one

I'm pretty sure the July payment only kicks in for those who haven't found a new club in the time between the expiry of the contract (30th June) and a player accepting a new contract 

Which is also why some clubs are reluctant to sign new players before the emd of July - because it means they have to pay wages for July where if they sign on say 1st August the the players last club would pay July's wages

Generally not an issue for bigger, wealthier clubs - but you can imagine it can be for clubs lower down the leagues

• Like 1

This is what really wee wees me off with “ rumours” and not just football. Why don’t people use their brains or google, if you don’t have one,to look at how realistic it is. If the answer is “ highly unlikely” why bother repeating it?

“ ooh heard we are signing Brian Deane. Dem baldeswill be right pissed off”

No they won’t he’s 62 years old, they will think Wednesday fans are morons for even considering it.

Please think before you write.

• Like 3

So, to sum up:

If you ignore the fact that football clubs are not allowed to furlough players (at least at our level)

And you ignore the fact that the maximum monthly furlough is way lower than any player's weekly wages.

And you ignore the fact that football has specific contracts that guarantees them pay until the end of July.

Then there might be some life in this rumour. I'm sure there'll be some twitter 'journalist' with 150 followers reporting this as facts coming from anonymous sources within the hour.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1