Players furloughed !!

3 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Yeah, like dropping 29 points from winning positions yet gaining one point all season from a losing position didn't help relegate us.

They played their part too.

But they earned enough points not to be relegated. The owner clinched it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Maybe don’t go on forums screaming and crying like a baby because things are posted that may or may not turn out to be true and understand that’s what forums ARE 

What, like opinions? Why the personal abuse, when I’m accepting I’m wrong and apologising?

Guest Hornsby
15 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Christ people just love to s** on stuff don’t they? 

Bloke posts rumour. People call him a poo stirrer and have a dig at him. Rumour turns out to have some legs.

Proper eggs on faces. From my experience of the DC era over the past few years. If it’s bad news about the club - it’s most likely to be true.

lol

Pretty clear we have some well placed posters on here who try to tell us what's going on at club.

Maybe do a Robbie Savage who set up poster accounts on fans forum's at each club he was at.

Brave anyway. 

19 hours ago, Dot said:

it's a forum for people to post their opinions (and BS rumours).

People don't have to place bets to post them, give it a rest please.

Listen at her???

They don’t have to place bets, you’re right. It would have been foolish in this instance. I was making a point about the abuse people get.

Posters don’t have to jump down the throat of people who subtly put out ‘rumours’ that are true and not BS either.

People would find out a lot more out about the comings and goings down at the circus. People need to sort the Wheat from the Chaff but there are clearly people who are using this forum to put insider info out there. Players, staff? Who knows but they’re trying. So by all means chastise the Billy BS’ers but let’s not run everyone out of town. Give them a bit of slack and check their history before slagging them off.

So give it a rest ....... pretty please.

3 hours ago, Plonk said:

What, like opinions? Why the personal abuse, when I’m accepting I’m wrong and apologising?

Youre apologising for attacking someone on a forum for posting something that was true but you personally didn’t believe it 

Maybe don’t do that again x

Owlstalk Shop

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Youre apologising for attacking someone on a forum for posting something that was true but you personally didn’t believe it 

I didn’t “ attack” anyone, and I was apologising for being wrong. My post wasn’t aimed at the OP it was aimed at people who are happy to spread rumours without thinking first. Having been on the receiving end of with serious consequences, I probably reacted more than I should have. 

And for some perspective, what Joe said is a long way from “ I’ve heard the club has .....

There just seems to be so many happy to jump on anything to give the club another kick at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I didn’t “ attack” anyone, and I was apologising for being wrong. My post wasn’t aimed at the OP it was aimed at people who are happy to spread rumours without thinking first.

They weren’t untrue rumours you were attacking people for - it was the truth they were posting 

Maybe consider a change of approach and if you see something posted that isn’t yet widely known just sit back and see if it happens or not before windmilling in mocking and attacking posters for posting it 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

How come I never get a kiss at the end of your posts when you are replying to me? 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They weren’t untrue rumours you were attacking people for - it was the truth they were posting 

Maybe consider a change of approach and if you see something posted that isn’t yet widely known just sit back and see if it happens or not before windmilling in mocking and attacking posters for posting it 

I got told about the furlough situation by someone I know so chose to post on here. As another poster noted if it’s bad news and Wednesday and involves Chansiri it’s generally true , I believed it to be. If others chose not too that’s up to them. My original reason for posting was  it’s seems more evidence of cash flow problems for Chansiri or at least a reluctance too. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

How come I never get a kiss at the end of your posts when you are replying to me? 

because he’s not a ślut.

Edited by wilyfox

Guest Hornsby

Ozzy , Hagy here's the new contracts lads.

Forget Celtic and Leeds.

And , err , yer both furloughed so can spend Summer on Fortnite.

Guest Grandad
On 26/05/2021 at 19:00, Avon barksdale said:

Heard a rumour some players have been furloughed . Anyone else heard owt or know if it’s even true ? 

Fair play to the OP 👆

Was spot on with this.

27 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Fair play to the OP 👆

Was spot on with this.

I can see why people don’t want to hear rumours - they’ll think it destabilises the club and harms our ‘brand’. 

However, we’re as destabilised as you could get anyway so.... 

A bit like looking at the meme thread, initially laughing and then realising most of it is based on truth.