Players furloughed !!

5 hours ago, Plonk said:

This is what really wee wees me off with “ rumours” and not just football. Why don’t people use their brains or google, if you don’t have one,to look at how realistic it is. If the answer is “ highly unlikely” why bother repeating it?

“ ooh heard we are signing Brian Deane. Dem baldeswill be right pissed off”

No they won’t he’s 62 years old, they will think Wednesday fans are morons for even considering it.

Please think before you write.

A7B3A2FA-BA42-4E0B-B53A-67BB9BD2F48D.jpeg

Owlstalk Shop

Christ people just love to s** on stuff don’t they? 

Bloke posts rumour. People call him a poo stirrer and have a dig at him. Rumour turns out to have some legs.

Proper eggs on faces. From my experience of the DC era over the past few years. If it’s bad news about the club - it’s most likely to be true.

lol

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So…

If Chansiri does furlough the players it will be the taxpayer (eg YOU) that ends up footing the bill

Let that sink in for a moment..

I'm happy with that.  The furlough scheme doesn't discriminate, and is there to ultimately save businesses and jobs.  Someone on a £40k a year salary and someone on a £40k a week salary will receive the same Govt support.  The scheme has changed a little, and businesses have to contribute a bit more towards the 80%.  Sheffield Wednesday, as a business, need to survive.

We should have furloughed players back in 2020 when no football was being played and no immediate prospect of football being played.

• Like 1

Accurate reporting as ever...the top rate of tax is not 50% and Wednesday and other clubs have not paid a small fortune on Pay As You Earn in recent years or any other years because tax is paid by the employee not the employer...the employer just makes the deduction from the employee and then pays it over on their behalf.

9 minutes ago, Manwë said:

I'm happy with that.  The furlough scheme doesn't discriminate, and is there to ultimately save businesses and jobs.  Someone on a £40k a year salary and someone on a £40k a week salary will receive the same Govt support.  The scheme has changed a little, and businesses have to contribute a bit more towards the 80%.  Sheffield Wednesday, as a business, need to survive.

We should have furloughed players back in 2020 when no football was being played and no immediate prospect of football being played.

You’d effectively be subsidising Chansiri who has boasted since he got here how his money is plentiful and it’s only the EFL stopping him from spaffing it on our club

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You’d effectively be subsidising Chansiri who has boasted since he got here how his money is plentiful and it’s only the EFL stopping him from spaffing it on our club

Yep, I know the score. 

We've all effectively been subsidising John the fool in Sales (all companies) who spent last summer bragging about not working, it's not great, but it's saved jobs and businesses.  

Businesses need saving and Sheffield Wednesday are clearly in a critical state, and it's because we were a weak business going into Covid and the weakest are struggling to survive (see, Debenhams et al).

Chansiri is a utter failure.  We fans have been punished enough under his tenure for his mistakes and I'd like them all to end.  The final injustice would be to see the club go under all together for the sake of pride in not placing high-wage staff who can't produce anything, on furlough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manwë said:

Yep, I know the score. 

We've all effectively been subsidising John the fool in Sales (all companies) who spent last summer bragging about not working, it's not great, but it's saved jobs and businesses.  

Businesses need saving and Sheffield Wednesday are clearly in a critical state, and it's because we were a weak business going into Covid and the weakest are struggling to survive (see, Debenhams et al).

Chansiri is a utter failure.  We fans have been punished enough under his tenure for his mistakes and I'd like them all to end.  The final injustice would be to see the club go under all together for the sake of pride in not placing high-wage staff who can't produce anything, on furlough.

But Chansiri has millions and millions in wealth

Taxpayers paying our player wages via furlough surely isn’t necessary as our chairman is minted so the club isn’t under threat at all

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Don’t see the point really, let’s say they put a player on furlough after the last game so mid may, they will have to take them off furlough when pre season training starts mid July? So absolute maximum 2 months so the grand total of £5k per player they can claim.

Edited by kirksandallowl

I bet Chansiri feels proper let down by the players and set up, his own doing most of it.

Some of it, he couldn't control. 

Flint, Iorfa, Loungo, Westwood and Odubajo missing so much of the season was probably huge.

Should have possibly avoided the Dunkley signing.

Brown and Marriot are amongst the worst loan signings we've ever had. Advised incredibly wrong on all transfer fronts.

It's been a disaster of a season, seems we can't trade our way out just yet.