Euro 2021

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Absolutely bizarre. Didn't realise it was a North/South thing. Why would Lampard be so weak to go with that though?

What is the medical care like for the national team? Is it like being called up from a club side? 

First response really

The initial medical care is decent - but there is little in the way of rehab etc because players just go back to their clubs

Most clubs don't want their players being risked in any way so there is little in the way of anything other than basic ongoing management of acute issues 

You always have send a template of a players injury history, ongoing treatment/strapping/mobilisations etc - and a fairly detailed analysis of their physical programmes and where they are in their acute/chronic work cycle - so loads of GPS reports and testing data

International teams are pretty good at looking after players - but they return any problems to the club unless its something that has be dealt with immediately such as a potential fracture for eg

I got a report back from one association urging me to do a spinal scan on a player due to what they suspected (unspecified) on testing - i assessed him on return and the guy immediately trained fully and didn't miss a session or game after....

Dunno what the hell they thought they had suspected!

But generally they are cautious - probably too cautious as if they get it wrong they can get sued by the clubs - although that is supposedly against the rules

But clubs can push a negligence claim - and if it stands up then the associations will have to pay compensation - and it can be considerable

Hence the caution!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The players would be very relieved that Eriksen was recovering. And also probably conscious that they had trained and played matches for months to get this far in the competition. If they wanted to continue playing in the tournament, which it seems they do, they would also be aware they would be putting themselves at a disadvantage if they postponed the match as they would be giving themselves less recovery time for the next two matches. It's not like a league competition where you can easily slot a rearranged game in two months later.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

The players would be very relieved that Eriksen was recovering. And also probably conscious that they had trained and played matches for months to get this far in the competition. If they wanted to continue playing in the tournament, which it seems they do, they would also be aware they would be putting themselves at a disadvantage if they postponed the match as they would be giving themselves less recovery time for the next two matches. It's not like a league competition where you can easily slot a rearranged game in two months later.

good points

11 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Its been widely reported both teams agreed to play...whats with the outrage?

Quotes from the denmark manager on the bbc

Given two choices to play, couldn't face playing tomorrow, not sure they were in the right frame of mind to play,

but yea they wanted to play 

11 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

damm people are so thirsty for drama

And some people have no understanding that life is more then football, a team mate and good friend dropped in front of them and had to be brought back to life on the pitch. 

How will the game be fairly played with those players involved so soon after? 

7 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

So why not abandon the match as the result at the time of uefa are so conscious of the schedule, both teams take a point and you at least give Denmark especially a few days mentally to adjust 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

So why not abandon the match as the result at the time of uefa are so conscious of the schedule, both teams take a point and you at least give Denmark especially a few days mentally to adjust 

You aren't being very fair as you are replying to comments people made when it was widely reported that the match resumed at the players' request. For example @Emerson Thomewas simply showing empathy as to why they might have made that decision. If the truth is different, then I'm sure everyone would comment differently. 

Just now, whatevertrevor said:

You aren't being very fair as you are replying to comments people made when it was widely reported that the match resumed at the players' request. For example @Emerson Thomewas simply showing empathy as to why they might have made that decision. If the truth is different, then I'm sure everyone would comment differently. 

Do you believe honestly as a grown man that any team who saw that would be on the right frame of mind to continue playing hours after seeing that? 

2 minutes ago, whatevertrevor said:

Also Emerson post was around midnight, hours after the match finished and not regards uefa, but more why Denmark chose to play on that evening rather then reschedule, I'm asking why the alternative of calling it a draw at 42 mins and abandoning the game wasn't an option for the sake of both teams, not saying Emerson was insensitive or anything of the sort? 

Do you believe honestly as a grown man that any team who saw that would be on the right frame of mind to continue playing hours after seeing that? 

I couldn't believe it honestly, no. I found it astonishing that they restarted. But I heard it was at the players' request, so just thought 'who am I to question how they are feeling? If, as it seems, that it wasn't at their request, then it's appalling. 

• Like 1

Just now, whatevertrevor said:

I couldn't believe it honestly, no. I found it astonishing that they restarted. But I heard it was at the players' request, so just thought 'who am I to question how they are feeling? If, as it seems, that it wasn't at their request, then it's appalling. 

I agree mate, just seemed to me that watching how the players reacted in live time I couldn't believe they wanted to play, or were mentally in the right frame to play, even if eriksen did tell them too. 

Got called a nutter for saying it, then it emerges actually they were put under pressure. Don't see how that's fair either personally

• Like 1

Also Emerson post was around midnight, hours after the match finished and not regards uefa, but more why Denmark chose to play on that evening rather then reschedule, I'm asking why the alternative of calling it a draw at 42 mins and abandoning the game wasn't an option for the sake of both teams, not saying Emerson was insensitive or anything of the sort? 

Yeah Emerson was hypothesising on why the players' might have requested it, as had been reported, as it seemed so unlikely. 

I apologise as I read your reply to him as though it was a criticism. 

Just now, fudge27 said:

I agree mate, just seemed to me that watching how the players reacted in live time I couldn't believe they wanted to play, or were mentally in the right frame to play, even if eriksen did tell them too. 

Got called a nutter for saying it, then it emerges actually they were put under pressure. Don't see how that's fair either personally

Ah right I see where you are coming from. Fair enough mate. 

5 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Truth, read the thing about the choice uefa gave Denmark. 

Await your update, though you're a nutter so probably won't stop you 

UEFA made a decision to play that same night or the day after, seems perfectly reasonable to me , the players were at the centre of the decision, especially after talking to Eriksen themselves.

Whatever UEFA decided they would have been slagged off, if they cancelled the game then fans would have been in uproar over spending money and time with nothing in return.

UEFA are in a no win situation.  At the end of the day something had to be decided.

No players were forced to play, all they had to do if they felt they couldn't play was to say so.  

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Whatever UEFA decided they would have been slagged off, if they cancelled the game then fans would have been in uproar over spending money and time with nothing in return.

Firstly, when have UEFA ever given a t055 about what fans think?

Secondly, if anyone had kicked off in that way, they would have been rightly told to F off - life is more important than a few quid on a match ticket.

• Like 2