Euro 2021

52 minutes ago, mildatheart67 said:

With the england game and the decision of the Scots team to take the knee with the england lads ,what's the odds the Scots fans will fully support their team while some england fans still boo.

What are the odds that the Jock fans boo and the England fans cheer?

8 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

What are the odds that the Jock fans boo and the England fans cheer?

Slim i'd have thought

I imagine the Scots will respect it - i hope our fans do too now they have been expressly told why the players are doing it

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Any England fan that boos is as bad as those golden generation not speaking to each other. It's for the greater good to respect it now. 

TBF John Terry has a lot to answer for regarding a big split in the England camps he was part of

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Hahaha well we had a big debate about that and it really wasn't 'end of' lol 

The players and manager have now explicitly said why they do it

Nothing to do with any political movement - just a gesture of solidarity for fairness and equality

So if fans continue to boo then they are firmly nailing their colours to the mast

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, scram said:

TBF John Terry has a lot to answer for regarding a big split in the England camps he was part of

Oh yeah I bet it was frosty enough due to rivalries and that's before the whole Anton Ferdinand issue. In hindsight they should have made a neutral captain. 

1 minute ago, scram said:

The players and manager have now explicitly said why they do it

Nothing to do with any political movement - just a gesture of solidarity for fairness and equality

So if fans continue to boo then they are firmly nailing their colours to the mast

It's tempting to debate this one again for sure! 

Nice finish from Lukaku lol 

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Oh yeah I bet it was frosty enough due to rivalries and that's before the whole Anton Ferdinand issue. In hindsight they should have made a neutral captain. 

It started when he couldn't hack Gerrard being skipper because he thought he should be captain

So he went around trying to get players to mutiny and caused a massive north/south (club) split

A lot of players wanted nothing to do with it but were almost forced to take sides - which is why old friends like Rio and Lampard would have ended up on opposite sides of this chasm

Capello should have sent Terry home tbf - he was toxic

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

It's tempting to debate this one again for sure! 

Nice finish from Lukaku lol 

I honestly don't think there is any debate to be had - unless fans want to insist the players are lying?

1 hour ago, scram said:

Yeah, as i said earlier this is highly unusual

I'm beginning to wonder if they actually did use the defibrillator on him as to recover so quickly and stable from an arrhythmia is very unusual

Heart attacks are generally non-shockable and could behave more in this manner

Wondering if it was metabolic disturbance or something odd like that

Like i said he will have had extremely thorough testing prior to the tournament so not going to have an obvious cause such as cardiomyopathy for eg

Possibly an ion channelopathy but be very rare if so 

I wondered about the testing,  there had been enough incidents of this nature that I thought all players underwent regular ECG's and tests for potential issues. I can't believe Eriksen has an underlying condition that hasn't been picked up.

Having said that, I'm pretty sure I saw him being 'shocked' on the pitch, that the defib was used. 

Just now, scram said:

It started when he couldn't hack Gerrard being skipper because he thought he should be captain

So he went around trying to get players to mutiny and caused a massive north/south (club) split

A lot of players wanted nothing to do with it but were almost forced to take sides - which is why old friends like Rio and Lampard would have ended up on opposite sides of this chasm

Capello should have sent Terry home tbf - he was toxic

Absolutely bizarre. Didn't realise it was a North/South thing. Why would Lampard be so weak to go with that though?

What is the medical care like for the national team? Is it like being called up from a club side? 

Just now, Bannofan said:

I wondered about the testing,  there had been enough incidents of this nature that I thought all players underwent regular ECG's and tests for potential issues. I can't believe Eriksen has an underlying condition that hasn't been picked up.

Having said that, I'm pretty sure I saw him being 'shocked' on the pitch, that the defib was used. 

The defib would always be attached to a player in those circumstances - whether it detects a shockable rhythm or not is another matter

And the pre-competition medical is very extensive

Right ballache to do - and i couldn't do a lot of it because it needs a sports medical Dr - but it was my job to fill in and send to UEFA/FIFA whoever was hosting the tournament

• Like 1