Here is how to commit football suicide

Just now, wilyfox said:

Actually, you’re not. There is recourse. Proper legal procedures for dealing with it. 

but your mindset won’t be the same. Thus will affect your performance 

• Like 2

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The players have contacted the PFA about it before.

..which is a positive step. Tackle it legally if needs be. Half-arsed performance is not the way. Everybody loses.

I'm honestly DISGUSTED that there are fans who (after hearing our players haven't been paid ahead of one of the most critical matches in our history) are falling over themselves to excuse the chairman

Sorry but that's not supporting Sheffield Wednesday FC and it's best interests - it's supporting Dejphon Chansiri

• Like 6

Owlstalk Shop

So are we saying then, that if they’re not fully paid up this week, it’s ok for the players to put in a sub par performance against Derby. Just for transparency purposes like. That way, we won’t get any criticism of the players on Saturday evening. Sounds like the Derby players are in the same boat I understand. Should be a reyt tepid affair then. 

DC has clearly mismanaged this club and its a great shame we can’t all let him know in person at Hillsborough. Don’t let these players off the hook though. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't think it's your place to tell any man who's not been paid how he should react
You're not the one who hasn't been paid and who's direct debits, car payments, internet payments, sky tv payments and rent may have failed

If you're not paid by your employer you are within your rights to react in any way you want

Jeeez we aint talking about rochdale players on a grand a week failing on there morgage , most of our lot are getting between 10-30 grand a week im pretty sure they aint not putting food on the table or paying there bills . Its the club staff i feel for if they aint getting paid , the players legally will get paid and that cant be used as an excuse for pathetic displays . I in no way am defending chansiri , he may be really struggling money wise , if he is we are in very serious trouble. 

• Like 4

Just now, wilyfox said:

..which is a positive step. Tackle it legally if needs be. Half-arsed performance is not the way. Everybody loses.

You're not actually taking into account how human beings react and psychology

You're just living in total dream land on this one

Whilst trying to let Chansiri off the hook

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You can react in any way you see fit to someone not paying your wages

FACT

So they can burn down Hillsborough or lump Chansiri next time he’s in town then?

Just now, wilyfox said:

Sorry I don’t understand. 

It would be pretty unprecedented for them to refuse to play every month this happens. And performances will always be affected even if they go about it the correct way. 

Perhaps we could not have this debate and just agree that the chairman should pay his staff the wages they are contracted to earn?

I'm honestly DISGUSTED that there are fans who (after hearing our players haven't been paid ahead of one of the most critical matches in our history) are falling over themselves to excuse the chairman

Sorry but that's not supporting Sheffield Wednesday FC and it's best interests - it's supporting Dejphon Chansiri

Haven’t seen anybody excusing the chairman. Some just aren’t excusing the players either. Quite rightly. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I have woke up to it

We're getting relegated and 15 of our current squad are leaving because their contracts have been allowed to expire

Thats the only good thing i want all the players out . 15 less . 

Just now, Devonstrix said:

So are we saying then, that if they’re not fully paid up this week, it’s ok for the players to put in a sub par performance against Derby. Just for transparency purposes like. That way, we won’t get any criticism of the players on Saturday evening. Sounds like the Derby players are in the same boat I understand. Should be a reyt tepid affair then. 

DC has clearly mismanaged this club and its a great shame we can’t all let him know in person at Hillsborough. Don’t let these players off the hook though. 

Would you give 100% to an employer who does what our chairman has done to the players/club this season?

I already know the answer but will ask the question just for the sheer entertainment of reading you trying to tell us people always give 100% for bosses who don't pay them other than Sheffield Wednesday players

Owlstalk Shop

Guest wilyfox

You're not actually taking into account how human beings react and psychology

You're just living in total dream land on this one

Whilst trying to let Chansiri off the hook

bullsh*t.

15 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Spot on.

I wonder if people defending this in any shape of form even realise it? By blaming anyone but the man who is responsible for paying wages in time is just distracting away from the issue.

And as a result YOU’RE part of the problem. 

A real sad & worrying reflection of wider society & where things are going.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Sorry I don’t understand. 

It would be pretty unprecedented for them to refuse to play every month this happens. And performances will always be affected even if they go about it the correct way. 

Perhaps we could not have this debate and just agree that the chairman should pay his staff the wages they are contracted to earn?

How did Wigan’s players respond to not getting paid last year? Did they do what ours have done? Nope. 

In a normal context non payment of wages is a repudiatory breach of contract and entitles an employee to claim constructive dismissal.  

The owner bringing dishonour and shame on the Chansiri name.