Here is how to commit football suicide

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

And this is why our club will slowly die.

This thread here is a perfect example.

People defending the chairman. Even if they don’t realise they’re doing it.

Soon it will be too late. And we won’t have a club anymore. 

Maybe the sycophants defending a multi millionaire not paying his employees on time on the eve of one of the biggest games in the clubs history, will finally realise enough is enough when we’re removed from the league and have to work our way back up again like Bury.

Be too late then though. 

Sad to see. 

You can't blame a few numpties on social media for the demise of our club, club ownership is a lottery. Numpties however are just devoid of any reasonable insight, the cant help it!!

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Would you give 100% to an employer who does what our chairman has done to the players/club this season?

I already know the answer but will ask the question just for the sheer entertainment of reading you trying to tell us people always give 100% for bosses who don't pay them other than Sheffield Wednesday players

Answer the question Neil and I might answer yours. You’re answering my question with a question. Maybe you should take up politics 

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

if you want to do that then protest by not playing. You talk about our fans apathy killing us , that has been for years but now the players are doing exactly that and finishing us off.  

They aren't

But even if that was true and they were - PAY THEM THEIR WAGES ON TIME THEN

FFS

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

58 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Pride for the badge is such an outdated view on a footballers mentality. They have no affiliation to the club, except the fact that the club pay their wages.

And guess what we’re not doing? That’s right, paying their wages! It’s a job to them and their contract isn’t being honoured. 

True,but it shouldn't be.......part of the bigger football unraveling and fan disconnect we are currently seeing.What does surprise is how accepting people are of this phenomena..

• Like 2

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

How do we sort that out? The chairman just needs to pay his staff on time. 

Not hard is it? 

Chansiri would argue it is hard as his cash flow has been hit. But, I don’t care what his argument is. He’s a wealthy man who should pay the players he gave contracts. The players should also give their all and pursue him legally if needs be.

1 minute ago, Devonstrix said:

Answer the question Neil and I might answer yours. You’re answering my question with a question. Maybe you should take up politics 

I can't be bothered to engage anymore with anyone who defends Chansiri not paying the players before such an important run in

Sorry

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This thread has ordinary working men actually promoting that it's ok for a millionaire business owner to not pay working men the wages they've been promised .

Disgusting

I know nothing about chansiri and if he has money in the bank , this football club has no income , if chansiri is struggling money wise then what can he do? Or are you thinking he is deliberatly doing this? Due to players performances?

Just now, 2roland2 said:

I haven’t seen one person defending the chairman on this, I could go a step further if I wanted to be holier than thou because I have warned about this situation from the very very beginning and most of the time was given dogs abuse for it.

the fact is we are where we are and in the last few games it’s probably the most important time in our history and to stroll out now and relegate us through lack of effort because of non payment is unacceptable for me.
if you want to do that then protest by not playing. You talk about our fans apathy killing us , that has been for years but now the players are doing exactly that and finishing us off. 

I fully agree not getting payed is horrific. So stand up and say fizz off. I think our fans would have much respect if it went that way.  

Do you not realise you’re excusing the chairman’s actions by shifting the blame on to the players?

That makes you part the problem.

I don’t care who you are. If you train every day, play every Saturday and have signed a contract which promised you’d be paid XX amount on XX day every month - and THEN your wage packet doesn’t arrive... Consciously or sub-consciously morale will be impacted negatively. Therefore I’m not surprised performances are below par. And it’s not the first time this has happened. It’s happened all season. 

Why can’t people understand this? It creates a toxic working environment for everyone involved at the club.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, parajack said:

True,but it shouldn't be.......part of the bigger football unraveling and fan disconnect we are currently seeing.What does surprise is how accepting people are of this phenomena..

But it is

So if it's well known that players play for money and not the loyalty of the club/badge, and you're facing a relegation run in with some critical games that you could win and stay up why would you not pay them?

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

Yes but it is.

So can the chairman of a big business do the right thing and pay his staff on time.

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I haven’t seen one person defending the chairman on this, I could go a step further if I wanted to be holier than thou because I have warned about this situation from the very very beginning and most of the time was given dogs abuse for it.

the fact is we are where we are and in the last few games it’s probably the most important time in our history and to stroll out now and relegate us through lack of effort because of non payment is unacceptable for me.

I fully agree not getting payed is horrific. So stand up and say fizz off. I think our fans would have much respect if it went that way.  

Do players really care about the football clubs they play for?  Even owls fan Shaw is s*dding off to Celtic.  Players want to be paid, like any other human being.  

You see it all the time, players like Fletcher and Fox sign for Stoke city and say “yeah I’m really excited about playing for a club like stoke”

Really?  Come off it,  Stoke city.  They are excited about being paid, for playing football.  Not one man in the history of England is excited about being in Stoke.  

Players want their money,  to make their effort for training hard to be rewarded, they don’t really care what club that is at. In my opinion 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

It's not as simple as this though IMO.

These players are professionals - they're spent a life time training and working to get to the very top. They can't walk off, they'd struggle to get work elsewhere, and I just don't think the non-payment affects the match day performance significantly. I would suggest the players being out-of-contract has had more of an effect in them insuring they don't get a major injury before the close.

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm honestly DISGUSTED that there are fans who (after hearing our players haven't been paid ahead of one of the most critical matches in our history) are falling over themselves to excuse the chairman

Sorry but that's not supporting Sheffield Wednesday FC and it's best interests - it's supporting Dejphon Chansiri

SPOT ON

26 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

So are we saying then, that if they’re not fully paid up this week, it’s ok for the players to put in a sub par performance against Derby. Just for transparency purposes like. That way, we won’t get any criticism of the players on Saturday evening. Sounds like the Derby players are in the same boat I understand. Should be a reyt tepid affair then. 

DC has clearly mismanaged this club and its a great shame we can’t all let him know in person at Hillsborough. Don’t let these players off the hook though. 

IF I'd not been paid for the umpteenth time this year I'd not turn up at all until I had been paid.

By the way, if Wilyfox, Devonstrix and 2roland2 fancy a job I'd happily take all 3 of you on, on huge wages.

I wouldn't actually pay you, but I'd appreciate your loyalty

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Chansiri would argue it is hard as his cash flow has been hit. But, I don’t care what his argument is. He’s a wealthy man who should pay the players he gave contracts. The players should also give their all and pursue him legally if needs be.

Why would they bother? They’re all leaving soon. 

Again, that’s because of his decision to let the vast majority of the squad wind down their contracts. 

3 minutes ago, morganowl said:

I know nothing about chansiri and if he has money in the bank , this football club has no income , if chansiri is struggling money wise then what can he do? Or are you thinking he is deliberatly doing this? Due to players performances?

He can sell up, or he could get external investment, for a start.