Here is how to commit football suicide

Ultimately I support Sheffield Wednesday FC

Not paying the players ahead of one of the most important games in years is NOT in the best interests of the football club

So for that reason I'm against it

I'm genuinely shocked that some fans are all for it in this thread

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Need to step this up a gear now. Physical protests are the only thing that’ll work 

I've been having a mental protest all year.  Constantly making sure im not thinking about DC however doesnt seem to have had any affect yet. Going to try a dirty protest next and see how he likes that.

• Haha 2

Football or sport in general is not like other employment.

The fact that my leopard skin underpants didnt arrive on time because the amazon drivers wages were late is a bit different to thousands of fans hoping against hope that their team can put in a shift on a football pitch.

• Haha 2

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ultimately I support Sheffield Wednesday FC

Not paying the players ahead of one of the most important games in years is NOT in the best interests of the football club

So for that reason I'm against it

I'm genuinely shocked that some fans are all for it in this thread

half-arsed performances are NOT in the best interests of the football club either. Two wrongs don’t make a right, fella.

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

Two months mate. 

two months 

imagine if your gaffer didn’t pay you for two months. 

would you be happy. 

If your a millionaire,and its the middle of a pandemic,  and your kept in the loop,is it the end of the World? SWFC are not the only ones struggling..and how does them not getting paid,mean there can be no critique of team selection,tactics,subs,and game management?

And this is why our club will slowly die.

This thread here is a perfect example.

People defending the chairman. Even if they don’t realise they’re doing it.

Soon it will be too late. And we won’t have a club anymore. 

Maybe the sycophants defending a multi millionaire not paying his employees on time on the eve of one of the biggest games in the clubs history, will finally realise enough is enough when we’re removed from the league and have to work our way back up again like Bury.

Be too late then though. 

Sad to see. 

• Like 5

Not losing any sleep over players not being paid.

But looking at the bigger picture not in the best interests of the club for that to happen.

Be hard to attract good players when this happens and does make you think where the club might be financially in 6 or 12 months time.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

And this is why our club will slowly die.

This thread here is a perfect example.

People defending the chairman. Even if they don’t realise they’re doing it.

Soon it will be too late. And we won’t have a club anymore. 

Maybe the sycophants defending a multi millionaire not paying his employees on time on the eve of one of the biggest games in the clubs history, will finally realise enough is enough when we’re removed from the league and have to work our way back up again like Bury.

Be too late then though. 

Sad to see. 

This ^ the same people trying to blame the players rather than the owner will be the same people next season who will say,  “how come Reach is suddenly playing well for Bristol city? He was rubbish for us”.  

Yeah,  weird isn’t it.  The owner of the club has created a toxic working environment for the staff.  Do not be surprised if players improve when they go elsewhere and actually get paid for training every day and playing games 

• Like 2

Just now, Owls-Fan said:

This ^ the same people trying to blame the players rather than the owner will be the same people next season who will say,  “how come Reach is suddenly playing well for Bristol city? He was rubbish for us”.  

Yeah,  weird isn’t it.  The owner of the club has created a toxic working environment for the staff.  Do not be surprised if players improve when they go elsewhere and actually get paid for training every day and playing games 

Same fans who were perplexed to see Lucas Joao bang 25 goals in this season. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Guest wilyfox
15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm honestly DISGUSTED that there are fans who (after hearing our players haven't been paid ahead of one of the most critical matches in our history) are falling over themselves to excuse the chairman

Sorry but that's not supporting Sheffield Wednesday FC and it's best interests - it's supporting Dejphon Chansiri

Dejphon Chansiri is not Sheffield Wednesday. Never was, never will be. He is merely the current owner and custodian.

Non-payment of wages is Chansiri vs. players. Sheffield Wednesday gets caught in the middle and must be protected. At the moment, it’s being harmed. That..I don’t like.

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm honestly DISGUSTED that there are fans who (after hearing our players haven't been paid ahead of one of the most critical matches in our history) are falling over themselves to excuse the chairman

Sorry but that's not supporting Sheffield Wednesday FC and it's best interests - it's supporting Dejphon Chansiri

I would like our Chairman to leave,and take his advisor(s) with him.I dont excuse him anything,but i want to critique him fairly....At any other time but the middle of a pandemic,i would absolutely castigate him for non payment of wages.

But he hasnt been able to come to the UK and there has been no gate reciepts.Refunds have also to be processed.

He presumably has to find millions each Month(his responsibility) and for some reason hasnt been able to do it....He should sell up in my view,but ime sorry many Industrys (and their workers) have had to go through this(coal/steel) and have rolled up their sleeves and worked on...

Its not just football

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, parajack said:

I would like our Chairman to leave,and take his advisor(s) with him.I dont excuse him anything,but i want to critique him fairly....At any other time but the middle of a pandemic,i would absolutely castigate him for non payment of wages.

But he hasnt been able to come to the UK and there has been no gate reciepts.Refunds have also to be processed.

He presumably has to find millions each Month(his responsibility) and for some reason hasnt been able to do it....He should sell up in my view,but ime sorry many Industrys (and their workers) have had to go through this(coal/steel) and have rolled up their sleeves and worked on...

Its not just football

What other clubs haven't paid their players?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Dejphon Chansiri is not Sheffield Wednesday. Never was, never will be. He is merely the current owner and custodian.

Non-payment of wages is Chansiri vs. players. Sheffield Wednesday gets caught in the middle and must be protected. At the moment, it’s being harmed. That..I don’t like.

How do we sort that out? The chairman just needs to pay his staff on time. 

Not hard is it? 

4 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yep exactly

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop