Here is how to commit football suicide

16 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Then deal with breach of contract in the right way, not on the pitch.

I’m not defending Chansiri here 

You are

By making ANY excuses for what is going on such as 'they should give 100% even though their wages haven't been paid AGAIN' totally IS defending Chansiri

It's the very definition of it

• Like 6

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

You’ve also depicted the players as mercenaries, by the way..

No. I’ve depicted them as employees. 

Employee doesn’t get paid.

Employee doesn’t respond well.

Same for every single job in the world. 

It’s that simple

• Like 5

Every player will get paid and has been paid all season . Im no fan of chansiri and he has caused huge damage with his idiotic decisions and choosing appaling advisers and recruitment team not fit for purpose . But for gods sake wake up to whats happened this past 12months , when the charity stops many are going to lose there homes etc , these pathetic players are getting there 20grand a few days late every month and we are blaming  the owner for there shambolic performances . Come on thats no excuse. I want chansiri gone but if he aint been bankrolling the club this past 13months then there would be no club left. Thats a fact. Lets have ago at him for everything else 100%

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nahhhh mate

You come back to me and tell me you give 100% in your job when you've not been paid / paid on time AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN

I'm sick to the back teeth of our fans seeing all these issues that the chairman has unleashed on our players, our managers, our club and our fans and trying to excuse them by pointing a finger of distraction

Once maybe yes

Repeatedly -nahhhh mate

No chance

KEEP LASER FOCUSSED ON THE REAL PROBLEM here fffs

Spot on.

I wonder if people defending this in any shape of form even realise it? By blaming anyone but the man who is responsible for paying wages in time is just distracting away from the issue.

And as a result YOU’RE part of the problem. 

• Like 4

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You are

By making ANY excuses for what is going on such as 'they should give 100% even though their wages haven't been paid AGAIN' totally IS defending Chansiri

It's the very definition of it

No it’s not. There is recourse for breach of contract. Lack of effort is not the way. 

Just now, morganowl said:

Every player will get paid and has been paid all season . Im no fan of chansiri and he has caused huge damage with his idiotic decisions and choosing appaling advisers and recruitment team not fit for purpose . But for gods sake wake up to whats happened this past 12months , when the charity stops many are going to lose there homes etc , these pathetic players are getting there 20grand a few days late every month and we are blaming  the owner for there shambolic performances . Come on thats no excuse. I want chansiri gone but if he aint been bankrolling the club this past 13months then there would be no club left. Thats a fact. Lets have ago at him for everything else 100%

March’s wages haven’t been paid. 

that’s more than a couple of weeks. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

No it’s not. There is recourse for breach of contract. Lack of effort is not the way. 

Why can’t you understand that not being paid sub-consciously effects performance levels throughout the club?

lol

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I don't think it's your place to tell any man who's not been paid how he should react
You're not the one who hasn't been paid and who's direct debits, car payments, internet payments, sky tv payments and rent may have failed

If you're not paid by your employer you are within your rights to react in any way you want

• Like 5

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, morganowl said:

Every player will get paid and has been paid all season . Im no fan of chansiri and he has caused huge damage with his idiotic decisions and choosing appaling advisers and recruitment team not fit for purpose . But for gods sake wake up to whats happened this past 12months 

I have woke up to it

We're getting relegated and 15 of our current squad are leaving because their contracts have been allowed to expire

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Why can’t you understand that not being paid sub-consciously effects performance levels throughout the club?

lol

I do understand. We’ve seen performances drop each time this happens. Glaringly obvious. Chansiri is in breach of contract. He’s wrong. In my opinion, so are the players for how they’re dealing with it. 

35 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

FFS. Ban a point of view. That’s the spirit. 

Yep.

Whilst I disagree with much of what you posted, banning you from posting it is certainly not the answer. Censoring differing opinions being expressed in a sensible manner is never the way forward, and I'm amazed it's been suggested in all honesty.

As for your post, how much the players earn isn't the main factor in this. Players will tend to live to their salaries, meaning their outgoings will be much greater than those of most fans. Even if they are in a position to absorb the delay for a few months, not being paid is still likely to result in a drop in performance, whether consciously or not.

I also don't think this can be considered in isolation; it needs to be put in context alongside the fact that the chairman has overseen the creation of a squad in which the majority of players are out of contract and expect to move on in one game's time.

If players already have one eye on the exit, then failing to pay them for two months is only going to exacerbate their sense of wanting to get out of the club and move on to the next chapter in their careers.

If there's a 50/50 challenge which runs the risk of jeopardising your next contract, it's human nature to go in with less enthusiasm than if you're in secure employment and know you'll be looked after. One or two players playing with such issues clouding their performances is probably not too unusual, but to have a whole squad of them is...well, Wednesday in 2021.

• Like 4

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If you're not paid by your employer you are within your rights to react in any way you want

Actually, you’re not. There is recourse. Proper legal procedures for dealing with it.