Here is how to commit football suicide

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Yes

They would have breached their contract

Not to mention the possible ramifications from the EFL for failure to fulfil a fixture which is also a contractual responsibility between the club and the EFL.

Edited by Utah Owl

8 hours ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Wonder who leaked this...

Probably someone who's not happy that Bazza is supposedly on 27k a week even in L1!

Plenty of suspects, take your pick!

7 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think again its a sign to me of Chansiri not planning ahead.
Other clubs could see problems ahead and asked players to defer wages or take a wage cut.

Others further down the leagues furloughed players as did some other sports organisations.

We don't seem to have done this.
Yes its not good situation to be in but stops bigger problems later on.

He has the money he just can't spend it (his own words)!

So not planning ahead? Balderdash.

It makes sense however if he probably doesn't have the money which is why he really can't spend it and if so has been caught in a lie of his own making.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

So why was our captain happy to sign a new contract? Keep asking but nobody is answering...

Gives Bazza a great bargaining position if another club comes in for him on our relegation (which I fully expect to happen). Also benefits club in that we can get a fee for him. For once a decision that makes a modicum of sense.

The reality will probably be we go down but DC insists on keeping him inspite of any offers that may come in which would be lunacy.

10 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s not as black and white as that though. They clearly tried yesterday and didn’t go out to lose. But that extra 5%, that extra bit of fight and that will to win in the sub-conscious all diminishes when you’re not being paid properly. 

On the eve of the biggest game of the season. Just imagine your wages which your employer is legally obliged to pay on a set day of the month doesn’t arrive in your bank account. I’d be pissed off, demoralised, annoyed - a whole bunch of negative emotions which don’t put you in the right frame of mind for such an important game.

Miracle we got a point.

Imagine your employer paying you thousands and thousands every week and you are totally inept at your job 

Imagine a job where you don't complete a season, get paid in full but you can just *uck off because you have an eye on another contract at Stoke.

Meanwhile in the real world thousands have lost their jobs and have to battle on with jack s*it in their bank accounts

In my opinion they got paid this month exactly what they have earned 

But I agree ,despite our best efforts once again  to gift the points to the opposition we got a miracle point !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I dread to think what our starting line up will be in August.

More than likely to be the weakest in our history.

Here's a clue:

donkey derby.jpeg

• Haha 1

Now Reach might be one of those types of people that doesn't like to get paid on time; his missus is moaning at him at home, etc. 

And his performance levels becomes very obvious. 

I get p*ssed when my pay doesn't go in on time, I miss direct debits, etc.  I'm sure footballers are no different

• Like 1

2 hours ago, the monk said:

Imagine your employer paying you thousands and thousands every week and you are totally inept at your job  

Are they inept or just totally sick to the back teeth of being at this club where you repeatedly get messed about, your contract's up, you dont' get paid?

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, the monk said:

Imagine a job where you don't complete a season, get paid in full but you can just *uck off because you have an eye on another contract at Stoke.

Meanwhile in the real world thousands have lost their jobs and have to battle on with jack s*it in their bank accounts

In my opinion they got paid this month exactly what they have earned 

But I agree ,despite our best efforts once again  to gift the points to the opposition we got a miracle point !

Andre green has had one pay cheque since june.

That's the real world.

30 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Are they inept or just totally sick to the back teeth of being at this club where you repeatedly get messed about, your contract's up, you dont' get paid?

I’m in agreement here. I do think the weaker spirited players may be using it for lower level performances but it all boils down to Chansiri and what’s going on behind the scenes.

Regardless of what wage you are on you just have to think to yourself what would your mindset be towards your job if the boss of the company hadn’t paid you for a month or so? Guarantee you’d be a fool to be totally committed to your job.

No professional  footballer is inept or they wouldn’t  be a professional player. Any manager, scout or coach would soon spot that.

Just now, El Toro said:

I’m in agreement here. I do think the weaker spirited players may be using it for lower level performances but it all boils down to Chansiri and what’s going on behind the scenes.

Regardless of what wage you are on you just have to think to yourself what would your mindset be towards your job if the boss of the company hadn’t paid you for a month or so? Guarantee you’d be a fool to be totally committed to your job.

No professional  footballer is inept or they wouldn’t  be a professional player. Any manager, scout or coach would soon spot that.

True

Plus all our players and all our managers and all our coaches and all our physios can't be inept

And if they were who is the one who's hired a full football club full of inept professionals?

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Hornsby
42 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

LIKE Bannon now, most know this before they sign contracts, agent or Nixon confirm it.

Basically, it is do  you want £30,000 per week from Owls who are run by a clown and going down, or £18 k at Brentford where you may go up and progress your career.

So, top guys reject us and the dross sign.

Trying to fathom Chansiri logic is like working out why last Wigan owner crashed his club.

At this moment in time if it was revealed that Chansiri was funded by the Prince who owns our porky neighbours and had been sent in to quietly destroy us from within in a gradual process over 5 to 10 years that would go accepted by our fans and bring the club to an end it honestly would not surprise me in the least.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Forgot about this for a few seconds when I first woke up this morning and then all of a sudden that sickening feeling returned. Players not getting paid before potentially the most important game in years, Chansiri really is a pathetic disgrace. He needs to get out of our club before he does any further damage on and off the field. The chances are we will be in league one next season and how the hell are we going to persuade players to sign for us when they don’t get paid, also we could easily be under a transfer embargo, he is poison that is slowly killing the club. 

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

At this moment in time if it was revealed that Chansiri was funded by the Prince who owns our porky neighbours and had been sent in to quietly destroy us from within in a gradual process over 5 to 10 years that would go accepted by our fans and bring the club to an end it honestly would not surprise me in the least.

I've said it repeatedly, if you actually look at what DC has done and is doing, I find it hard to envisage a Sheffield United fan doing a much better job at dismantling the club.

-Ensured most of the playing staff are going at the same time by having all their contracts expire at once

-Huge overspend, points deduction leading to relegation (probably, we hope not)

-Remove Hillsborough from the ownership of the club

-Not giving Wednesday fans their money back that they're completely entitled to 

-Causing huge fractures in the fanbase by blaming them for lots of ills 

-Continuing to employ a shady individual whose roll is ill-defined and seems a negative cloud over everything

The fact he seems to have accidentally fallen into this scenario, rather than willingly, just speaks volumes of his incompetence 

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I've said it repeatedly, if you actually look at what DC has done and is doing, I find it hard to envisage a Sheffield United fan doing a much better job at dismantling the club.

-Ensured most of the playing staff are going at the same time by having all their contracts expire at once

-Huge overspend, points deduction leading to relegation (probably, we hope not)

-Remove Hillsborough from the ownership of the club

-Not giving Wednesday fans their money back that they're completely entitled to 

-Causing huge fractures in the fanbase by blaming them for lots of ills 

-Continuing to employ a shady individual whose roll is ill-defined and seems a negative cloud over everything

The fact he seems to have accidentally fallen into this scenario, rather than willingly, just speaks volumes of his incompetence 

Part of me can't wait for his end-of-season rant, just to see what depths of delusion he can plumb this time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Part of me can't wait for his end-of-season rant, just to see what depths of delusion he can plumb this time.

I'm looking forward to being blamed in some way... probably my illegal streaming of iFollow. If I'm not explicitly name-checked, I'm going to be sad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1