Failure to pay wages in April

3 hours ago, Marro said:

That may be the case.  However, I don’t lower my mortgage because I might be at a different firm where I am paid considerably less.  Whether players are extravagant with their lifestyle is irrelevant and they may pay to seemingly obscene amount on cars and mortgages etc they often still live to their means.  If I was paid late with my salary on 4 occasions out of 12 then I would suffer severe problems, like most people.  

Give or take the odd million,many of these players have been on top wages and 5 Year contracts,and many will i guess not be PAYE either....not exactly like the scenario you paint...

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

Give or take the odd million,many of these players have been on top wages and 5 Year contracts,and many will i guess not be PAYE either....not exactly like the scenario you paint...

Chansiri paid them that amount and gave them those contracts

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

The issue is,

like most professional clubs, the revenue this year has been a bankruptcy disaster. With very limited income from football, rich owners have propped up their clubs. In  our case, the owner is in the country less than 99 days and funds are transferred fromThailand. And in my opinion, our owner is out of his savings. So he has to persuade his family into releasing more money into what they will assess as a lost cause. We cannot be the only EFL club in this mess and EFL financial fair play rules will not work. 
But for players with no motivation, it is a killer. 

• Thanks 1

Guest T Hardy

Just said it in an other thread, what is your motivation if you’re out of contract, and have already spoken to other clubs, to actually be bothered to help us on Saturday when this is going on. Why would you risk an injury for a club that isn’t even paying you

properly. It’s beyond shocking. I don’t understand how the very few who continue to defend DC still do so.

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Chansiri paid them that amount and gave them those contracts

Yes mate,totally agree,i do not absolve the Chairman of anything,nothing,i too hold him totally responsible for the situation the Club finds itself in.But the reaction of the players to these excellent terms and conditions,pay,and long contracts,is down to them,not him.

Other Clubs have faced similar,and in many cases there players responded magnificently to very trying circumstances,sometimes with no pay at all,and their Club facing extinction.

We dont agree on this,thats clear,but how hard is it really for players to show a little understanding in a pandemic? they are getting paid,just having to wait a bit for some of their money..it would in many cases just be sat in a Bank account anyway i would imagine,and the PF & EFL are not making any noise,just the press...

What about giving something back,as well as taking? to the fans who have supported the Club,and from without which there would be no bumper pay? no  fans= no demand=no TV money... thats all i am saying

Football is broken

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, T Hardy said:

Just said it in an other thread, what is your motivation if you’re out of contract, and have already spoken to other clubs, to actually be bothered to help us on Saturday when this is going on. Why would you risk an injury for a club that isn’t even paying you

properly. It’s beyond shocking. I don’t understand how the very few who continue to defend DC still do so.

Who is defending DC? not all these players are out of contract,and those that are have become millionaires in all likelihood in many cases,cutesy of said contract.And by the way,it is a contract....ie implied terms  i wouldn't imagine anybody s contract says in writing you must always try your best and give 100% in every game until the contract term ends.(but its whats expected isnt it?...not like what you have put?

Players have a contract until the last game of the season,if out of contract,and the effort they put into that game,should be the same as the effort they put in on the first day.

I cant believe people want to defend players who may be as you describe,for the reasons you describe...is that what football has become,just one big cash machine? Well i know the answer to that dont I?..

8 hours ago, Aingarth said:

The issue is,

like most professional clubs, the revenue this year has been a bankruptcy disaster. With very limited income from football, rich owners have propped up their clubs. In  our case, the owner is in the country less than 99 days and funds are transferred fromThailand. And in my opinion, our owner is out of his savings. So he has to persuade his family into releasing more money into what they will assess as a lost cause. We cannot be the only EFL club in this mess and EFL financial fair play rules will not work. 
But for players with no motivation, it is a killer. 

Great post,not 'defending DC' as some imagine,just being realistic and seeing it as it is....

13 hours ago, Marro said:

That may be the case.  However, I don’t lower my mortgage because I might be at a different firm where I am paid considerably less.  Whether players are extravagant with their lifestyle is irrelevant and they may pay to seemingly obscene amount on cars and mortgages etc they often still live to their means.  If I was paid late with my salary on 4 occasions out of 12 then I would suffer severe problems, like most people.  

Its easy enough to speak to your broker and reduce/stop payments in a Global pandemic if required for a time.Footballers they might be,but they have a regular very good fixed income,are a good credit risk,and are quite capable on their salarys of riding out the odd pay 'wobble'

Someone on 20,000 a week or more being paid late,after 3,4, or 5 Years of a salary like that,shouldnt have issues as you describe.

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
6 minutes ago, parajack said:

Great post,not 'defending DC' as some imagine,just being realistic and seeing it as it is....

Except didnt  get paid properly, pre Covid.

Games up, sadly.

4 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Except didnt  get paid properly, pre Covid.

Games up, sadly.

Yes mate i know,its just got worse since Covid,but surely you can see why? Personally i just wish he would sell up,ime not focusing on the Chairman,but rather the player reaction to the situation.

Critiqing that,is not a defence of the Chairman.

• Like 1

The club will have been fully aware of the reports in the media. You would have thought that they would have released a statement short and sweet 1st thing saying, it was aware of reports in the media over the weekend and it completely denies them. 
Has anyone seen anything?

Hmmm. 

16 minutes ago, parajack said:

Yes mate i know,its just got worse since Covid,but surely you can see why? Personally i just wish he would sell up,ime not focusing on the Chairman,but rather the player reaction to the situation.

Critiqing that,is not a defence of the Chairman.

Not everyone is going to react to not getting paid in the way you insist they should though

We're talking about human beings

Everyone is different

Everyone reacts in their own individual way

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest T Hardy
51 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not everyone is going to react to not getting paid in the way you insist they should though

Everyone is different

Exactly

Yeah, we have players worth millions who won’t even notice it, sure. But not all our players will be worth millions, and a lot of them will live within their means like most of us do, and that will include having a mortgage to pay for, wary of sounding like the world’s smallest violin here, but a lot of them will live like us and have similar commitments, just on a different scale, and it’s reasonable to think that the situation is going to mean they might not be 100% motivated to help us in their last match for us, and can you blame them? Past occurrences of questioning their commitment is irrelevant here 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Everyone is different

Plus it’s just bloody principle and law.

You sign a contract saying you’ll be paid a certain amount on a certain day of every month. And then it consistently doesn’t arrive in your account.

No matter how rich you are - trust is being broken and your employer is in breach of your contract.

ANY human would be annoyed by this. Clearly they aren’t happy because they went to the PFA in November and someone keeps leaking it to the press. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

Any thoughts on why he can’t score in Cyprus then? Too hot? Leaves on the line? Anything? 
Biggest model of the Emperors New Clothes I’ve ever witnessed on a football pitch. 

Our regular reminder that Nuhiu was our top scorer in the last decade and our second highest scorer since David hirst.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Doesn't bode well for recruitment this history of late payments.

I wondered if paying compo to Donny for Moore also contributed to difficulties in getting the money sorted, as I recall some instance of limits being put on foreign currency allowed out of the country. We really should be told what the problem is. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Everyone is different

True,there are also generational issues to take into account too....

1 minute ago, parajack said:

True,there are also generational issues to take into account too....

Very true

Whichever way you look at our squad, our club, our finances, the chairman's performance and results, the pitch, the facilities etc it just screams that it's going to take something massive to happen to improve things, or that we're in for a long long long journey back now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop