Osaze Urhoghide

Guest Hornsby
31 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

So what? It’s a low risk gamble giving Stobbs a 2 year extension. If he develops great we’ve got an asset on our hands, if he doesn’t oh well it’s not a huge chunk of wages. When you’re staffing millions a week on some of the crap we have - the wages Jack Stobbs earns doesn’t bare much significance.

Same could have been said for Shaw and Osaze.

It’s simply a breakdown of communication. When Meire was CEO her remit was to extend the contract of our youth players. And that’s what she did. Since she left no one has been doing this and lo and behold two promising young players walk away for peanuts.

It’s just another damning indictment of Captain Chaos and his rudderless ship

Katrien was CEO of Club Brugge until recently.

21 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He got injured. 

He had a great debut and then a poor follow up game. Then had a blinder against Leeds.

Absolutely no reason why we shouldn’t be offering an 18/19 year old lad a 2 year deal instead of a ridiculous 1 year deal in the summer. It’s low risk, high reward. 

He didn't get injured he got suspended for a second yellow.

On the bench one more time then not in the squad for the rest of the season.

Also Leeds was his debut game.

Edited by Hookowl

This is clever from the club, making us assume he’s considering a move to a ‘bigger club’. As soon as we get relegated, they will announce contract extension for him & we can all feel optimistic about next season. Absolute genius, bloody love this club 💙

• Love 2

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No it wasn’t. His debut was Brighton in the Cup.

It was his first game in the championship, followed by two poor ones against Blackburn and Reading where he got his two yellows.

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

What can they do....CL or Forest Green?

I know what your saying and I agree to some extent.

But it's the same situation as Shaw, contracts should have been sorted pre this season.

Sh!t planning same old Wednesday you can see he's talented.

For me Urhoghide is more of a shame then shaw, would have been ideal for our fight

in League one.

3 hours ago, BIG D said:

Definitely but I would actually wish him well. At least he has given his all. 

i would wish this lad well he isnt a swfc born and bread fan ,he owes the club nothing and he has been around the 1st team now 17months plus he clearly should have had a longer deal in place months ago. shaw is different nobody heard of him 6 months ago and has hardly set the world on fire and acted like an idiot in 2 games costing us points and has done nothing since it was confirmed he was off 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

It was his first game in the championship, followed by two poor ones against Blackburn and Reading where he got his two yellows.

he played at brighton premier league in cup then leeds away top of league and put in 2 cracking performances then was awful and looked like a lost 12year old against blackburn 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hookowl said:

He didn't get injured he got suspended for a second yellow.

On the bench one more time then not in the squad for the rest of the season.

Also Leeds was his debut game.

He missed the back end of the season through injury as well as the early part of this season.

5 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He got injured. 

He had a great debut and then a poor follow up game. Then had a blinder against Leeds.

Absolutely no reason why we shouldn’t be offering an 18/19 year old lad a 2 year deal instead of a ridiculous 1 year deal in the summer. It’s low risk, high reward. 

There is a possible other side to this.

Urhoghide might have not wanted to sign a two year deal, given where the club was heading why would he commit to a two year deal where League One might be an option? Also I think the 1 year deal was just the option the club had, so there wouldn't have been any negotiations involved for it.

Not defending the club as it should have been sorted but sometimes there is only so much you can do.

11 hours ago, Bluewings said:

I know what your saying and I agree to some extent.

But it's the same situation as Shaw, contracts should have been sorted pre this season.

Sh!t planning same old Wednesday you can see he's talented.

For me Urhoghide is more of a shame then shaw, would have been ideal for our fight

in League one.

Agree re planning, we have never been great with transfers. Even with a contract think the most we have ever got is a few million.

In this day and age its staggering.

• Like 1

You have to ask what guys like Thompson and Bullen are doing if not to advise the owner on which developing players need to be offered longer term contracts long, long, long before it gets to the stage where other clubs nip in. Seriously what is the point of having an academy if not for this? Shaw and Urgohide are the sort of lads we should be keeping not letting go whilst we waste money on dross like Marriott, Brown and Kachunga..