Osaze Urhoghide

1 hour ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Like Shaw he's a reasonably promising younger player. Biggest hit is that both are leaving via a route that offers the club least compensation. 

Neither is, in my opinion, a player we should be breaking the bank to keep though, regardless of our disastrous all round recruitment policy of recent years.

There'll be bargains to be had in the summer if we become smart enough under Moore to capitalise.

You are assuming that DC will allow Moore to dictate transfer policy. Given past record that's quite an assumption to make.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I noticed 

So basically the whole point of this back and forth was you don’t like me criticising the chairman.

Sorry mate but absolutely nothing to be positive about his reign at the moment. And this news is just another kick in the gonads.

But you keep on with your strange twisted crusade to defend him at every turn. He can do no wrong in your eyes. Despite the overwhelming evidence proving otherwise.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

So basically the whole point of this back and forth was you don’t like me criticising the chairman.

Sorry mate but absolutely nothing to be positive about his reign at the moment. And this news is just another kick in the gonads.

But you keep on with your strange twisted crusade to defend him at every turn. He can do no wrong in your eyes. Despite the overwhelming evidence proving otherwise.

Holding out a hand is better than constantly punching.  But that's your strange twisted crusade. 

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Like every other bloody club in the country are doing.

Hats off to DC for paying his staff. Like every single business in the world is expected to do.

Give me strength

lol

I really don't like the guy not one bit, but to dismiss the fact he's stumped up the wages of all the players and staff throughout a pandemic, when billionaire's are using the furlough scheme, is pretty poor form. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 0742 said:

I really don't like the guy not one bit, but to dismiss the fact he's stumped up the wages of all the players and staff throughout a pandemic, when billionaire's are using the furlough scheme, is pretty poor form. 

Apart from that bit where we forgot to pay the players. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 0742 said:

I thought they were paid in the end.

They were, but my point is as good a gesture it was from him for him to put the back room staff (and it was, I don’t question that), he still managed to find a way to squander the goodwill by not paying the players on time. It all fed into this image of the club as a shambles. 

19 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Yes was good of him. But let’s not pretend DC was the only one who did it.

3 minutes ago, dr. benway said:

They were, but my point is as good a gesture it was from him for him to put the back room staff (and it was, I don’t question that), he still managed to find a way to squander the goodwill by not paying the players on time. It all fed into this image of the club as a shambles. 

I don't agree that his good gesture of paying the backroom staff out of his own pocket was undone by paying the players late. 

I mean, look at Spurs, furloughing staff using government funds to do so, whilst negotiating billion pound deals to be part of the new euro super league. That's shambolic. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yes was good of him. But let’s not pretend DC was the only one who did it.

Nobody is pretending that, like not one person has even mentioned it. 

Praising DC for anything is clearly beyond your capacity. 

5 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Nobody is pretending that, like not one person has even mentioned it. 

Praising DC for anything is clearly beyond your capacity. 

I praised him for that at the time. 

But it’s not groundbreaking and distracts away from the huge failings and what’s he done to this club.

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No I wouldn’t. 

I believe all promising young players should be given at least 2 year deals to see if they can fulfil their potential.

Osaze broke into the side under Monk at the start of 2020. We then decided to reflect a 19 year old lads potential with a 1 year deal DESPITE having first team games under his belt.

It’s absolute nonsense. The lad will be on peanuts compared to what we’re paying the likes of Kachunga, Brown and Paterson for being absolutely poo .

Didn’t we give the likes of Jack Stobbs a 2.5 year deal when he blatantly wasn’t good enough.. I mean last summer Shaw and Urgohide were players with a bit of potential and not much more, they’re still players with potential and it’s not clear they definitely make it still. Who knows who’s responsibility the youth team contracts are, could be Chansiri or could be the managers 

8 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Didn’t we give the likes of Jack Stobbs a 2.5 year deal when he blatantly wasn’t good enough.. I mean last summer Shaw and Urgohide were players with a bit of potential and not much more, they’re still players with potential and it’s not clear they definitely make it still. Who knows who’s responsibility the youth team contracts are, could be Chansiri or could be the managers 

Who cares if Jack Stobbs was on a 2.5 year deal? It would have cost us MAYBE £200k for 2.5 years... it's a minuscule drop in the ocean. If you offer 10 players that deal and one comes good, it's worthwhile.

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Who cares if Jack Stobbs was on a 2.5 year deal? It would have cost us MAYBE £200k for 2.5 years... it's a minuscule drop in the ocean. If you offer 10 players that deal and one comes good, it's worthwhile.

Well because at the time he was offered it it was pretty clear he was never going to make the grade.. was just a squad filler for the u23s. So point is, it requires someone to make the right calls on these youth prospects.. it’s all hindsight saying offer Shaw/Urgohide long deals. That’s £200k that would be better off not spent