Is tomorrow a must win game?

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

We’ll probably win tomorrow just to give us that extra little bit of hope. Then they’ll f**k it up again in the next match and we’ll be back down to earth planning L1 trips next season.

6 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

5 points behind Derby IF we win tommorow, with them still to play. May as well give it a go haven’t we. 

Who else we finishing above then even if we do happen to overtake Derby ? 

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Yes.

Beat City tomorrow and we are 6 behind Derby.

Then we only need to get 3 more points than Derby from our next three games, to make our head-to-head a shoot out to stay up.

That said we also need one of the others to have a very poor run-in.

But yes. Must win to have any hope.

Unfortunately this team of bottlers have shown no evidence of this kind of fight and consistency.

like the optimism though.

We’re down. 

Guest LondonOwl313
11 minutes ago, H2Owl said:

Even if we finish above Derby we’re still

down.

This lot ain’t winning 5 on the spin come on people.

I accepted it after the Birmingham game, and the Rotherham game sealed it. 

4 wins from 5 including Derby would probably do it. Blatantly going to win the next couple, take it to the last day and lose to Derby 

I thought about offering a glib answer to the OPs question.

Then I thought about it a bit more and decided it was actually deeply philosophical along the lines of other questions like 'is it me or is it cold?'.

Then I thought nah we're on Owlstalk.

So after all of that due consideration my answer is.....

YES

Glad to help 😇

If this squad had an ounce of anything about them I’d have hope that we could still do it... but they haven’t ..so all I want is this nightmare of a season over as quick as possible so I don’t have to watch the likes of Harris, Reach, Odubajo, Kachunga etc in a Wednesday shirt ever again 

1 hour ago, LondonOwl313 said:

4 wins from 5 including Derby would probably do it. Blatantly going to win the next couple, take it to the last day and lose to Derby 

You lost me at 4 wins from 5 although I admire your optimism and sincerely hope I’m wrong. 

Daft question really, but the answer is yes. The season isn't over yet and if we win all five games, we can stay up. That doesn't mean it will happen, but I'm embarrassed for folks that say they aren't going to bother watching. Is that what a real fan of the club does? Of course not. You love the club. Simple as. Even though the football and performances leave a lot to be desired, it's still Sheffield Wednesday. I'd rather watch us in the National League than not at all.

• Like 1
  • Love 2