Vardy to SWFC - eventually?

5 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Good shouts but think just put Vardy ahead of them for he was the key player in most unlikely Championship win in last 40 years.

I suppose it depends on what criteria we're using.

Leicester's league win was a once-in-a-generation event, and Vardy was central to that.

But a footballers, those I named were better players in my opinion. 

• Like 1

IF we are in an OK position as a club at the time he leaves Leicester, I'd say we would have a reasonable shout of having his final season or two with us.

He is actually a proper fan - not one of these types who says they follow x or y, but really doesn't care that much.  He'll have made more money than he'll ever need, and with the character he is, I bet he'd fancy a go at it here.  His career has also had such a narrative to it - and coming back to his boyhood side for his final year closes it quite nicely for him.

The issue with this plan is I fully expect that, unless the ownership changes, we'll still be playing League 1/2 football by the time he retires.  And I'm not so sure he'd do that.  The fairytale finish to be dangled is returning to your hometown club to help them get to the Premier League, not to secure a midtable League 1 finish.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Shearer, Di Canio, and Le Tissier would be ahead of him, off the top of my head.

He wrote "outside the really big clubs", so I assume you're referring to his time at West Ham? 

• Haha 1

Guest T Hardy
10 hours ago, Sheff74 said:

If he is still banging in the goals at 36, he will be offered another contract somewhere in the PL.

Wednesday will probably be getting hammered away at Fleetwood by that point.

This 

The only chance this will happen is if we are in the top flight. I think if there was any chance of this happening he’d have publicly said he wanted to finish his career here 

11 hours ago, owls-swfc said:

The 72.co.uk reporting that:

"Leicester City are planning the exit of boyhood Sheffield Wednesday fan Vardy - is Hillsborough finale on the cards? 

Vardy’s contract is out in 2023, by which time he’ll be 36-years-old." 

Hillsborough swansong maybe? 

Nowhere near old enough for us at 36

• Haha 1

On 15/04/2021 at 11:39, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Shearer, Di Canio, and Le Tissier would be ahead of him, off the top of my head.

I wouldn't regard Di Canio and Le Tissier as better, what were the highest placed finishes they ever led their teams to? how many international caps? etc