Who made those tragic subs? Was it DM or JS?

Just now, FreshOwl said:

did you watch Rhodes yesterday? It was a feeble performance 

Every second touch for Patterson was a tackle. Everything was bouncing off him, was absolute rubbish 

They were both pure cack

Nah, talking complete nonsense.

Both did some good link up play - Rhodes missed a few, it just didn’t land for us. We created a hell of a lot and these two were involved.

To say they were on a par with Kachunga and co is complete nonsense. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Nah, talking complete nonsense.

Both did some good link up play - Rhodes missed a few, it just didn’t land for us. We created a hell of a lot and these two were involved.

To say they were on a par with Kachunga and co is complete nonsense. 

I didn’t say they were on par, but it was effectively swapping cack for cack. Rhodes was hugely wasteful.  I’m a fan of Patterson but he wasn’t at the races which is why he was hauled off

The good play mostly came from Windass, Bannan & Reach, with Palmer whipping some good balls in first half 

40 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Absolute complete crap fella 

Patterson and Rhodes were nowhere near as bad 

Paterson was awful, can't remember him contributing anything positive at all. Rhodes was blowing out of his arse, incapable of completing 90 minutes of a regular basis and missed an absolute sitter.

Both deserved to be replaced but sadly, the shape of the team was better with these two on the pitch than it was when the subs came on. Green didn't get involved much at all and when Kachunga did get involved his touch was poor and his movement saw him caught offside easily.   

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

To be fair the game was gone when we made the subs.

3-1 down we weren’t getting back into it. Statistics show it doesn’t matter who’s on the pitch, we don’t come back from behind. 

Indeed we've only scored two equalizers in 40 matches and one of those was yesterday.

Every time we've been losing, we've lost, a truly awful statistic over 40 matches.

Mentally fragile doesn't begin to cover it, absolute bottlers.

17 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

To be fair the game was gone when we made the subs.

3-1 down we weren’t getting back into it. Statistics show it doesn’t matter who’s on the pitch, we don’t come back from behind. 

Lost every single game where we've conceded first or something like that.

This team has no backbone, no fight.

The moment they face the slightest bit of adversity, they completely fall apart.

The Cardiff result is actually damming, insofar as that they couldn't even build some positive momentum off a result/performance like that. That's how mentally weak this current crop of players is.

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, SiJ said:

I just can't believe we didn't bring on the 3 world class players who were sat on the bench.

Why bring subs on who weaken the team? My point is the subs wer crap and shudnt have been made..paterson and rhodes have got an habit of scoring even when theyre crap

23 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Why bring subs on who weaken the team? My point is the subs wer crap and shudnt have been made..paterson and rhodes have got an habit of scoring even when theyre crap

Game on Tuesday?

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, Bigblueowl said:

I think Green will come good, 

Kachunga and Harris nah man! 

No evidence wotsoever green will 'come good'

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, folger said:

Moore's subs since coming here have been atrocious and always turned the tide against us. So I'm going to say DM. I went on the Donny forum when we appointed him and the consensus was his substitutions and tactics were his weaknesses. 

Whats his strenghs then 🤔

16 hours ago, folger said:

I'm hoping transfers, man management and style of play. If he didn't have glaring weaknesses he would be managing a much better team. 

Understand the hopes but what has DM done to recommend him to us? He is a nice guy and showed some promise at Doncaster.

Taking the three in turn;

He will not have freedom over transfers. We have no money for transfers and may be under an embargo, who knows. Man management is less important than gelling a team together and drilling them for results esp when results are urgent. And as for style of play, that comes in order of importance after generating some results.

16 hours ago, folger said:

Moore's subs since coming here have been atrocious and always turned the tide against us. So I'm going to say DM. I went on the Donny forum when we appointed him and the consensus was his substitutions and tactics were his weaknesses. 

I gather Donny fans .one or two on here when he was appointed- were far from convinced his good he was. And he had no record nor achievements to justify DC appointing him.
He has had little or no impact on  results which is what matters at this stage. That was what was needed not playing prettier football. Playing out from the back does not deliver points if the players are no good at it.

You have to wince at how Lee Bowyer has improved Birmingham although Paul Cook is having little impact at Ipswich but then they have little to play for like Bristol City. Nigel Adkins is continuing the improvement at Charlton.

• Thanks 1

Kachunga, Harris and Green. Hardly a trio that will turn a game when you are 3-1 down. But, if the team that is on the pitch is 3-1 down and showing no signs of being able to turn it around what are you supposed to do?

Bringing on the three subs was a roll of the dice. If the ref had given a pen when Kachunga had the ball punched off his head then the dice roll wouldn’t have looked too bad. To try and read too much into Moore as a manager based on some duff substitutions made in desperation after a game has gone is probably a bit pointless. I’m going to make my judgement after about 3 months in L1. Assuming Moore isn’t fired in the close season. 

Most probably the same guy who thought with 7 cup finals left he’d play Wildsmith over Westwood.

It’s a common theme this season. Manager errors on a consistent basis proving to be our downfall. 

Having said that, we are playing better as a team under Moore that’s clear so that’s the positive. 

Looking like not appointing him straight away and the disastrous 10 game Pulis era sealed our fate.

• Like 1

On 10/04/2021 at 16:57, 0742 said:

Atrocious substitutions.

I'd like to know who's decision that was as it completely nullified any threat we posed. 

Not for the first time, Hudders at home was as bad if not worse

Edited by OwlerIT
  • Like 1