Who made those tragic subs? Was it DM or JS?

7 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Completely wet through and no fight.

Like I said above, we’ve been sucker punched today - we’ve played well at times and in the right way, missed a lot of sitters. But we have no subs to change a game - we might as well be blowing out of our arse to the end than bring any of them useless gets on. 

why not Shaw?!?? 

The same Shaw who people didn't want in the squad because he's chosen to sign for Celtic?

Edited by TomtheOwl95

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Kachunga has been total poo all season. I would love to know who decided it was a good idea to sign him, a player Huddersfield didn't want to keep.

Harris - Cardiff have him away

Green - Without a club for ages

Its the market we are in now.

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
4 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Could really do woth knowing this cud if it wer dm its really worrying...dms subs since takin over have been disastrous..its all sunday leagueish..give everybody a game..if its JS..its just as worrying🙄

Tbh the team that started the game is our best team (bar Westwood for Wildsmith), and we’ve no squad depth. 

They beat Barnsley and Cardiff and were in the game at Watford and first half today. The subs are all totally garbage.

If Westwood had started the game it could have made the difference today, fine margins but if we don’t go 2-1 behind it might not have been the same outcome.

All of the subs were made after 70 mins or so and at 3-1 down.. game had gone. Maybe we wanted to save legs for Swansea as we were never getting even a point from that position.

Guest mrbluesky
6 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Ant heard that since i wer gettin  twotimed at ecco infant school 😥

Start being slags at an early age up that way then.

7 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Could really do woth knowing this cud if it wer dm its really worrying...dms subs since takin over have been disastrous..its all sunday leagueish..give everybody a game..if its JS..its just as worrying🙄

So it's just as worrying either way yet worth knowing?..

Whoever made the subs is not the problem.

The god awful recruitment is. Decent players out injured and what's left on the bench, I wouldn't want on the bench in League one.

We have four or five  who could hold their own in most mid table teams and the rest are awful.

All those of out of contract need to go along with Dawson and Wildsmith, then Moore will need to be allowed to bring his own players in.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

The same Shaw who people didn't want in the squad because he's chosen to sign for Celtic?

Yeah, that’s him - and with the way we are it was a pathetic shout by our fans as he is 10x Better than most of that bench, we need him.

Guest mrbluesky
45 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Glaringly apparent that English language wasn't on the syllabus either !! ....

:duntmatter:

I'm not sure this realist is the original one, Mark the Pitsmoor Owl??? He has a similar typing style, shall we say lol

Every manager in the league has one simple instruction to their full backs against Harris - show him inside. They will walk out with that ringing through their ears , and as long as they do it ( as full backs have all season ) then you have one side sorted whilst he is on the pitch.  He is a good player down the outside , and a pub player inside. Very bizarre.

Kachunga works and runs but has clearly lost a lot of physicality since the long run of injuries he has had. It’s hard to see where his career goes from here.

Green , I worry about his stop start fitness so far as well. Is that why no one else has taken a risk on him ? Hopefully not.

Isn't the core problem every substitution weakens the starting xi significantly (except maybe Pelupessy for Hutch, yeah I said it, deal with it).

Looking at our bench, and bearing in mind you do really need to save legs of the starters sometimes... who would you have brought on and for whom?

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Isn't the core problem every substitution weakens the starting xi significantly (except maybe Pelupessy for Hutch, yeah I said it, deal with it).

Looking at our bench, and bearing in mind you do really need to save legs of the starters sometimes... who would you have brought on and for whom?

Yep.

I'm glad we've found a way to get all three of Rhodes, Windass and Paterson on the pitch at the same time, as it represents our best chance of scoring a few goals, but we can't leave all of them on the pitch for every minute of every game. Yesterday, I thought Rhodes in particular looked a bit off the pace and subbing him was probably necessary in order to preserve him for our next few games.

Unfortunately, that means having to use Kachunga, Marriott, Harris or Green...which is likely to weaken our team.

As frustrating as it is, it's the lesser of two evils compared to burning out or risking an injury to one of our only decent forwards.

2 hours ago, Andysowls said:

Kachunga should be nowhere near the squad let alone t’starting XI🤦🏽‍♂️

agree dont know why we dont pay him off , and send brown back now. i also would have shaw anywhere near the squad i only want players who either will be here next season or putting effort in to earn a new deal. would monk admit he signed those 2? or was it nothing whatsoever to do with him?

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yep.

I'm glad we've found a way to get all three of Rhodes, Windass and Paterson on the pitch at the same time, as it represents our best chance of scoring a few goals, but we can't leave all of them on the pitch for every minute of every game. Yesterday, I thought Rhodes in particular looked a bit off the pace and subbing him was probably necessary in order to preserve him for our next few games.

Unfortunately, that means having to use Kachunga, Marriott, Harris or Green...which is likely to weaken our team.

As frustrating as it is, it's the lesser of two evils compared to burning out or risking an injury to one of our only decent forwards.

marriot? is he still here? agent marriot if we didnt get him and got someone else we might have been level with derby

Guest Hornsby
1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Glaringly apparent that English language wasn't on the syllabus either !! ....

:duntmatter:

Capital L?