Who made those tragic subs? Was it DM or JS?

When you let Forestieri, Fletcher, Hooper, Lee, go and we have the likes of Harris, Pellupssy, Katchunga, etc you lose 4-1 to QPR and sit in the bottom three.

We are going through the motions...Chansiri has got some serious thinking to do about what he wants out of this football club.

I rank him in the same league as the Blackpool and Wigan idiots.

• Like 3

3 months ago, it was Rhodes, Windass and Patterson who were not worthy

A run of games together under a new manager and they find they feet after a run of games together

The subs bench is a mish mash of players who fall into exactly the same category that with a run of games under their belt just might come good too

DM has got his work cut out but we are definitely playing with much more resolve, slagging off players is cheap under the circumstances

As already commented, we created chances and but for better defending and a slice of luck that scoreline could have been so different

Guest Therealrealist
2 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Glaringly apparent that English language wasn't on the syllabus either !! ....

:duntmatter:

Innit..even tho you shud have used the word 'obvious' instead of 'apparent'..😉

10 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Could really do woth knowing this cud if it wer dm its really worrying...dms subs since takin over have been disastrous..its all sunday leagueish..give everybody a game..if its JS..its just as worrying🙄

Our use of subs this season by all the managers have been strange/poor.

Modern day managers all seem to feel the need to change things at 60 mins or so and often the amount of changes disrupts, rather than improve. Sometimes it works, but this season we’ve generally been worse as a result of subs.

Managers in the past only had one sub, so didn’t have the same pressure from benched players to bring them on. Nowadays, you can sense managers putting subs on because otherwise they’ll be in their ear all week sulking.

Yesterday was a clear example. Whilst Rhodes and Paterson hadn’t been great, we looked likely to do something with them on. We were creating. Neither looked tired. Both have scored goals recently. So bringing on Kachunga and Green (with little goal pedigree) on the basis of “fresh legs” doesn’t cut it for me.

The argument about a game in midweek is also flawed in our predicament...we needed a result yesterday.

17 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Right now in his career Shaw is no better than what we’ve got. I’m sure he will go on to be, but he’s still a raw kid, and absolutely not a CB as some are suggesting 

He is much better than any of those substitutes and frankly I smell a rat. He has played CB once I believe and he has obvious talent as well as physical power which most of these players totally lack. 

9 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Green is a decent player and will show that next season,  Harris and Kachunga need to leave in the summer.  It was obvious what Moore was doing yesterday with those subs.  The subs are not why we lost that game 

...but those particular substitutions weakened the team..all we needed was Pelupessyto follow.

14 hours ago, Minesapint said:

How can you say his impact has been minimal. He followed a very experienced manager, in Pulis, who felt we had lop sided squad and whose only attempt to win games was by scoring from corners and free kicks. Since DM has come in we have looked like a team and created more chances than at any time throughout this season 

Relegation zones are full of teams playing brighter football but with few really clear goal scoring chances created and a leaky defence.
This team was turned into a “pass it out from the back “ superficially good footballing side with still poor results . Struggling with a new system the last thing this team needs. And powderpuff midfield with Shaw on the bench. Suicidal. 

And why play a wing back system when we don’t have any?
At least after DM tried one solo upfront,  he has realised that produces no goals and I give him credit for that.

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

When you let Forestieri, Fletcher, Hooper, Lee, go and we have the likes of Harris, Pellupssy, Katchunga, etc you lose 4-1 to QPR and sit in the bottom three.

We are going through the motions...Chansiri has got some serious thinking to do about what he wants out of this football club.

Agree totally. Add Nuhui to the departures because nobody’s telling me Paterson for whom we paid a fee is better. And as the chairman is looking into the Shaw deal, quite rightly, is he not allowed to play? Just the kind of midfielder this team has needed from the play off final onwards.

37 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Our use of subs this season by all the managers have been strange/poor.

Modern day managers all seem to feel the need to change things at 60 mins or so and often the amount of changes disrupts, rather than improve. Sometimes it works, but this season we’ve generally been worse as a result of subs.

Managers in the past only had one sub, so didn’t have the same pressure from benched players to bring them on. Nowadays, you can sense managers putting subs on because otherwise they’ll be in their ear all week sulking.

Yesterday was a clear example. Whilst Rhodes and Paterson hadn’t been great, we looked likely to do something with them on. We were creating. Neither looked tired. Both have scored goals recently. So bringing on Kachunga and Green (with little goal pedigree) on the basis of “fresh legs” doesn’t cut it for me.

The argument about a game in midweek is also flawed in our predicament...we needed a result yesterday.

Dead right. Every word.

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

Bit late for that lol

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Ahhh yes, the complaining about subs when we don’t have any one better. I don’t get the logic. If they’re blowing out their ass then they need to come off full stop. Rhodes and Patterson were equally as 🗑 as the subs who came on 

Absolute complete crap fella 

Patterson and Rhodes were nowhere near as bad 

22 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Dead right. Every word.

Correct 

Leeds made 3 subs yesterday against Man City 

1 was forced after the red card

1 was at 60 mins

The other at 96 mins to waste time 

Management of subs has been ridiculous, everytime we do it we disrupt our flow and it did it exactly yesterday

17 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

They are poo, but I don’t get why people are complaining 

we need fresh legs, who the F else do we bring on????

Completely agree.

The likes of Rhodes and Patterson aren't fit enough to press and chase down defenders for a whole match, as DM is asking them to do. They are both blowing after 60 minutes

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Absolute complete crap fella 

Patterson and Rhodes were nowhere near as bad 

did you watch Rhodes yesterday? It was a feeble performance 

Every second touch for Patterson was a tackle. Everything was bouncing off him, was absolute rubbish 

They were both pure cack