That's me done!

18 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Not for me

Sheffield Wednesday needs rescuing from this man. No other entity does it for me. Our club and our history, and the support of our ancestors in this club, is what counts.

Another Wednesday? Meh

You just said you would rather see Wednesday start again in non league ??  Make your mind up.  

Generally clubs don't go from the Championship to non league.

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

You just said you would rather see Wednesday start again in non league ??  Make your mind up.  

Generally clubs don't go from the Championship to non league.

Unless we do a Bury

Guest Therealrealist
8 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Unless we do a Bury

No chance..bury had about 400 season ticket holders..nobody in bury wanted to watch bury

We are only two years away from our 60th anniversary together and we have stuck by each other through thick and thin. We have always been there for each other no matter how difficult times have been and some have been extremely difficult. Neither of us for one minute has ever given a thought to ending this relationship and going our separate ways because loyalty to each other is the rock of any partnership. However in recent years I have sometimes felt my loyalty has meant nothing and I am being taken for granted and my opinions are not valued. I still feel the same way about my lifetime partner as I did on our first outing together in 1963 but I'm unsure that this is a reciprocal arrangement at present. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, REDOWL said:

We are only two years away from our 60th anniversary together and we have stuck by each other through thick and thin. We have always been there for each other no matter how difficult times have been and some have been extremely difficult. Neither of us for one minute has ever given a thought to ending this relationship and going our separate ways because loyalty to each other is the rock of any partnership. However in recent years I have sometimes felt my loyalty has meant nothing and I am being taken for granted and my opinions are not valued. I still feel the same way about my lifetime partner as I did on our first outing together in 1963 but I'm unsure that this is a reciprocal arrangement at present. 

I've done 50 years.

Seen 11 top 6 finishes and in may I think it will be 7 relegations

Edited by Grandad

My dad use to talk about the 1950s yo-yo team - said they were exciting but had a soft underbelly - scored a lot, but conceded a lot.

Never thought a fairly sizable period of my watching the club would be yo-yo in L1/Championship. 

Guest Andy W
40 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The thought of Chansiri and chums recruiting players in League One is absolutely frightening.

Can you imagine what poo we’re going to get lumbered with? 

We are already lumbered with poo have you seen the state of them...jaw droppingly awful

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

I've done 50 years.

Seen 11 top 6 finishes

Evening mate. It's heartbreaking to witness what is happening to OUR club but there are those with power who simply haven't a clue what the words Sheffield Wednesday mean to thousands of us.  It is our way of life, our tradition and heritage that means so much to us all that is being challenged by this seemingly irreversible drift into obscurity. We've been here before I guess and we as true Wednesday fans will fight our way back because that's who we are.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

I would rather watch Wednesday starting again in non League football with Chansiri gone, than watch another minute at Hillsborough with him as Chairman.

He has killed our club and any hope we had for a few short years under Mandaric. He is far worse a Chairman than Dave Allen ever was.

I wouldn't trust him to run a bath

How has he killed our club? The club is you and I and everyone on this forum. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, modboy said:

Would there be an appetite for FC Wednesday? It certainly appeals more to me at the moment than the current set-up

where do you think they would play?..... stocksbridge, sheffield fc , hallam ?all can hold about a 1000 or 2 ......dont see much future in going there . maybe the council will build us a new 10k stadium but i wouldnt be holding my breathe .not easy starting from scratch 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

where do you think they would play?..... stocksbridge, sheffield fc , hallam ?all can hold about a 1000 or 2 ......dont see much future in going there . maybe the council will build us a new 10k stadium but i wouldnt be holding my breathe .not easy starting from scratch 

New Sheffield FC ground could be developed further perhaps? Aiming for 4k at the moment, need to get rid of the red trim though 

https://youtu.be/kP3lidT2ebI

https://www.thestadiumbusiness.com/2021/03/02/sheffield-fc-unveils-plans-for-new-4000-seat-stadium/#:~:text=Sheffield FC%2C the oldest football,seat stadium in the city.&text=The new stadium%2C which will,of Sheffield FC's many teams.

1 hour ago, REDOWL said:

Evening mate. It's heartbreaking to witness what is happening to OUR club but there are those with power who simply haven't a clue what the words Sheffield Wednesday mean to thousands of us.  It is our way of life, our tradition and heritage that means so much to us all that is being challenged by this seemingly irreversible drift into obscurity. We've been here before I guess and we as true Wednesday fans will fight our way back because that's who we are.

Hey mate, I get the sense that its really our club anymore, maybe it never was. I don't think she loves us anymore like we love her, and that really hurts.

• Like 1

Just now, modboy said:

maybe, but after being in our shadow for a 150 years i'd be surprised they'd welcome us in to continue being so . .....we dont need a new club we need a new owner .

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

I've done 50 years.

Seen 11 top 6 finishes and in may I think it will be 7 relegations

It's heartbreaking. I've done 55 years. How many really good seasons? About 8 I think. Most of the time it's been either mediocre or dire. Because of the money needed to even challenge in the 2nd tier, never mind the 1st, this is the worst of times, I can't see a way out at all. But I'm too old to change now, for me, WTID isn't just a glib phrase.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Until Tuesday.

Then the great escape is still on

Then if we get relegated that's me done!

Until the start of next season when we'll rise like a Phoenix and storm the league.

It's what we do.

You just had to do it, didn't ya

Woke them up again 😂

• Haha 1