Erik Alonso

Guest Grandad

The start up world is littered with individuals who front a fun to grow a business. You see it very often that investors sink millions into a company who are all growth and no profitability.

It's becoming more common with football. Someone well connected can easily put a fund together or take investment from a rich backer. The prize is the Premier League and that would be financially huge for these investors. Look how Burnley is structured. The purchasers haven't actually put up much capital at this point. It's largely structured in a way where the club is doing the borrowing. 

It doesn't really matter if Alonso has the cash personally or not. What's key is his football knowledge and whether he can create the club he's promised his investors he can create. I'm interested to see how this develops. 

13 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Would be even better if it was the real Erik Alonso twitter account lol

https://twitter.com/eralwbd?lang=en

4 links in the bio of his Twitter account:

1 to a company website that his been under construction at least since he was interested in us

1 supposedly to his Instagram account but actually just links back to his Twitter - a link to the page you are already on.

1 link to something that is broken

1 link to Derby.

You don't get much more professional than that! 

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

4 links in the bio of his Twitter account:

1 to a company website that his been under construction at least since he was interested in us

1 supposedly to his Instagram account but actually just links back to his Twitter - a link to the page you are already on.

1 link to something that is broken

1 link to Derby.

You don't get much more professional than that! 

Yes that's the account I posted, not the same as the job advert one. lol

2 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Yes that's the account I posted, not the same as the job advert one. lol

Thought the job advert was from another platform, not Twitter, the thumbs up, comment icons etc look different. 

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Thought the job advert was from another platform, not Twitter, the thumbs up, comment icons etc look different. 

Right I might have got it wrong then, thought the advert one was supposed to be his twitter account as that seems to be how he usually seems to communicate.

10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Might’ve been posted on linked in when he was flogging PPE last year - buy 10 boxes of rubber gloves, get a central back left foot u25 free

I've got a few agents on Linkedin as well as performance directors or club scouts, seems to be a common thing on there, posting what players they're looking for or have available.

Seems like a decent idea to me.

3 minutes ago, 0742 said:

I've got a few agents on Linkedin as well as performance directors or club scouts, seems to be a common thing on there, posting what players they're looking for or have available.

Seems like a decent idea to me.

How about flogging PPE from the same linked-in page?

Seems legit.

11 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Right I might have got it wrong then, thought the advert one was supposed to be his twitter account as that seems to be how he usually seems to communicate.

It is from Linked In - thanks @beswetherick