Erik Alonso

Guest Grandad

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

The 100% truth is that Wednesday fans don’t have a single idea of what Alonso really is or has 

Not a clue

Take the paranoia from our fans on this one with a huge grain of salt 

I hear what you say, but there is considerable disquiet about the source of his finances, his apparent political affiliations and so on. Of course, if this brings us success, all of that will be forgotten!

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, beswetherick said:

Just had a look through the old thread from Xmas time. This page was when it took a slightly surreal turn

I KNEW I'D Remembered it right hahahahahaha

image.png.9d2b94e6f53f84f582c4fb8c35be6c88.png

5 minutes ago, Crewton Ram said:

I hear what you say, but there is considerable disquiet about the source of his finances, his apparent political affiliations and so on. Of course, if this brings us success, all of that will be forgotten!

100%

Our fans lash out and slate anyone this season mate - whether it's a writer, reporter, commentator, former player, prospective new owner

So don't listen to anyone in this thread - they're all bitter and twisted at the moment

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

100%

Our fans lash out and slate anyone this season mate - whether it's a writer, reporter, commentator, former player, prospective new owner

So don't listen to anyone in this thread - they're all bitter and twisted at the moment

lol

Neil on the other hand 👆 is happy to endorse anybody who might drop onto Owlstalk and create a bit more likes and click thrus ;-) 

Edited by Grandad

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Neil on the other hand 👆 is happy to endorse anybody who might drop onto Owlstalk and create a bit more likes and click thrus ;-) 

See what I mean 👆 
Perfect example

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest wilyfox

Best of luck Derby County. Morris gave them commitment and stability. Gut tells me Alonso may not over time. Interesting to see how it goes.

1 hour ago, Crewton Ram said:

I've read with interest what Wednesday fans thoughts were on this guy, and it's fair to say that you haven't bolstered my confidence much! It's hard to know what substance, if any, there is behind him and what his plans are. I think most Derby fans are in the same place : we know that a change of ownership is needed, due to Mel Morris recent ill-health and his long-held desire to have someone else to share the financial burden with, but are understandably concerned that we don't end up with another Cap'n Bob or Three Amigos combination of crookedness and incompetence. I don't know if there's any truth in the "imminent Administration" claim, since Morris was reported to have secured funding to get us through to the end of the season, but with no new actual income, nothing can be certain (I'm sure there's a few other EFL clubs teetering on the brink too).

We really just need to have the ownership uncertainty put behind us, along with this hellish season. It's bad enough not being able to go to the pub without your football team sucking what little joy you have left out of you, week-by-week. I expect the EFL will now drag their heels with approving the t/o so they get to slap a 12 point deduction on us after all.

Alonso doesn't appear to have any money so you can only presume he's heading a consortium, difficult to gauge the future until you find out who they are.

Good luck, you never know it might turn out okay, don't wish our predicament on any club........pray for us,

1 hour ago, Crewton Ram said:

I've read with interest what Wednesday fans thoughts were on this guy, and it's fair to say that you haven't bolstered my confidence much! It's hard to know what substance, if any, there is behind him and what his plans are. I think most Derby fans are in the same place : we know that a change of ownership is needed, due to Mel Morris recent ill-health and his long-held desire to have someone else to share the financial burden with, but are understandably concerned that we don't end up with another Cap'n Bob or Three Amigos combination of crookedness and incompetence. I don't know if there's any truth in the "imminent Administration" claim, since Morris was reported to have secured funding to get us through to the end of the season, but with no new actual income, nothing can be certain (I'm sure there's a few other EFL clubs teetering on the brink too).

We really just need to have the ownership uncertainty put behind us, along with this hellish season. It's bad enough not being able to go to the pub without your football team sucking what little joy you have left out of you, week-by-week. I expect the EFL will now drag their heels with approving the t/o so they get to slap a 12 point deduction on us after all.

Where did it all go wrong under Morris? Has he ran out of money? 

Thought he was doing a really good job with Derby. Particularly the commercial side of things. 

1 hour ago, beswetherick said:

Just had a look through the old thread from Xmas time. This page was when it took a slightly surreal turn

My favourite part of this thread is when we found out Alonso’s company was also the home of Homer and Marge Simpson...

B0D964C6-8CCD-46AC-B46E-121D01AAA3C1.jpeg.1c873163df22caa2343da41324e0f31e.jpeg

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Thing is our fans once again lashed out against someone and vilified them right from the start 

All without having any facts or idea of what kind of person he is etc

Everyone mocked him, laughed at the possibility of him buying a club and took the mick out of him

All without knowing anything about him

He’s bought Derby

We are getting relegated 

he's just a front he has no money