Erik Alonso

Guest Grandad

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Ipswich and Derby both got takeovers today

Anyone STILL wanna trot out the old ‘nobody would buy a football club right now’ nonsense?

You are absolutely right. 

Takeovers can still happen, even in the current financial climate.

Just ask Wigan fans!

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Some right bitter posts in this thread

lol

Bitter because what, a chancer came along to buy the club and now he's buying someone else? Derby are absolutely welcome to him as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe we should try and get in touch with Mammadov and give him another go at buying us, simply because he's not DC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Bitter because what, a chancer came along to buy the club and now he's buying someone else? Derby are absolutely welcome to him as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe we should try and get in touch with Mammadov and give him another go at buying us, simply because he's not DC.

post-445-0-47337100-1402756554_thumb.png

• Haha 3

Guest Therealrealist
2 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Would mammadov led us to the 3rd division and sold our home?

If I was a Derby fan, I'd have concerns given how it went with us.

That isn't a defence of Chansiri but the way Alonso carried himself on Twitter didn't come across well.

Derby do seem a bit desperate for a takeover, all comes across a bit "throw yourself at anything and go with the first thing that says yes" kind of thing.

Interested to see how it plays out.

• Like 3

Guest Hornsby
15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The 100% truth is that Wednesday fans don’t have a single idea of what Alonso really is or has 

Not a clue

Take the paranoia from our fans on this one with a huge grain of salt 

Not true.

Claiming you are an Owls shareholder when not provides a clue.

The withdrawing claim when outted a further indication.

May have also breached Companies Act.

Edited by Hornsby

10 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Would mammadov led us to the 3rd division and sold our home?

Possibly? Who knows?

We all know DC is killing the club. But this belief that ANYONE is better than Chansiri is a slightly flawed. Despite DC’s mistakes and rank bad management - we still have a club and he’s still financing us through the pandemic. This Alonso bloke looks incredibly suspect and when it looks suspect - it usually is suspect! 

I want Chansiri to change or move on as much as the next Wednesdayite, but that shouldn’t be for any ********, Tom or Harry. There was a reason Alonso was trying to get his nose in at two clubs struggling in the Championship with well documented FFP and cash flow issues. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1