Your tactic of just slating everyone is the safest type of opinion to have

Slate anyone and everyone then point to yourself being right when they leave

Anyone can do that

Accept 5h1t and they are still poo, they won't get better will they 

Monk is and always will be poo  

Defend him all you like 

Your the one of few who thinks he did well 

7 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

to try and prove a point by using our club..

I think lots of people in every day walks of life especially football try to do things to prove a point or prove people wrong.

I don't think it's a bad thing, maybe that's just me

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Our wage bill was well over 150% of our revenue for a number of years.. Why do you think we got a 12 point deduction?

Do you think running with one of the highest wage bills in the league but with a pitiful commercial revenue income as well as poor match day revenue is a sustainable way to run a football club?

Quality of players we had pre monk? You think we should have kept the likes of FF on £30k a week so he can go skipping full time? Maybe kept Keiren Lee who barely played for two years and now has a serious hip condition, or maybe Sam winnall and nuhiu who are now tearing it up in oxford and Cyprus. 
Maybe we should have extended hutch’s contract even though since he’s been back he’s hobbled around like Geriatric and is now injured again.

Yeah hes missed 1 game , get Luongo back in...Oh wait a minute he has been out for 2 seasons but I will still spout the anti Hutchinson shybo .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Yet another totally made up absolute LIE 

How is it a lie 

You defended him til the day he was booted out 

While 99% of people was glad to see the back of him 

Just admit you was wrong... Again 

• Like 3

The feeling is mutual. Massive mistake in appointing him.

There may be a lot of things wrong here he's right but he has to be up there with the worst managers we have had.

Im sure he made a promise to the fans that the team would be better when he left than when he arrived. Literally he achieved the polar opposite. The mess that were in is down to Chansiri, but the Garry Monk affect on the team will take years to recover from. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

How is it a lie 

Everyone got what they wanted

Monk got sacked 

Hows that gone for you

Ive never once said he did a good job - that’s just a blatant lie - please stop lying 

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

To everyone saying Monk was the worse manager we've had.

We've literally had Tony Pulis this season who statically is actually the worst manager we've ever had, it's like it's all been forgotten 

Tony Pulis wasn't the issue at SWFC either

Nor was Garry Monk
Or Steve Bruce

Or the players

Or Lee Bullen

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Since promotion from League 1 we have been a lower mid table team in this league pretty much every season bar the two spendageddon seasons under Carlos.

Jones, Gray, Luhukay,Bruce and Monk-  finished in and around mid table/ lower mid table.

Monk was on course to finish lower mid table when he was sacked (ignoring points deduction) and finished lower mid table the season before.  When he was sacked, our form was 2 points off that of 12th placed Blackburn.

Monk was just par for the course, but had a whole lot more to contend with.  Threat of points deductions, players not being paid, our left back, and main striker and top scorer walking out on us mid season, picking up from a chaotic pre season when the entire management team walked out.  

He was castigated for exiling Hutchinson and Westwood, but lets face it, both are back in the squad and we are sitting second bottom of the league, having gone backwards with them being involved. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Our form under him was so shít the independent panel took pity on us and carried it over. 5 more points and we’d have taken it on the chin and moved on.

While I do believe Monk contributed in some capacity, what you've written here is guff. There was no "pity" given based on our league position, and neither of us actually knows what went on. As a matter of fairness, the penalty could not be administered last season as there was insufficient time for a review, and such a review ultimately resulted with a 6 point deduction and not 12! Yes, it's possible the club would not have even saught an appeal had we been safe, but considering we're talking about a club which didn't even manage to sell a stadium in the correct year, and whose owner is stubborn, I wouldn't be surprised if Chansiri appealed it even if we were safe, on principle alone.

You could make a MUCH better argument that the EFL are responsible, because had there been just a 6 point deduction to begin with, it could also have been applied last season without ill-effect.

Meanwhile, Chansiri brought in a new manager and didn't ensure he had sufficient coaching support. That was criminal decision making from Chansiri. While Monk may have agreed to go along with the plan, Chansiri allowed for it.

Edited by bobness
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest T Hardy
30 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Tony Pulis wasn't the issue at SWFC either

Nor was Garry Monk
Or Steve Bruce

Or the players

Or Lee Bullen

Agreed, I think banging on about managers like this thread is doing is exactly what Chansiri will want.. talk about them rather than him 

48 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

How is it a lie 

I wasn't sorry he went although thought the timing a bit strange.
But I thought the people who thought all we had to do was bring back to old guard of Westwood and Hutchinson were being a bit naive about our problems.

• Love 1

Monk is the modern day Trevor Francis (worse football to watch tho omg)

Replaced quality players over time with inferior ones.

Hence it catapulted our demise.

Same as Tricky Trevor tho budget changed so he had to replace these players with inferior ones.

I'm not totally blaming Monk at all but he did come out and say he had total say in our signings which if so

must have to take some of the blame?!

Like maybe sign a striker instead of a Scottish right back up front.

5 minutes ago, bobness said:

While I do believe Monk contributed in some capacity, what you've written here is guff. There was no "pity" given based on our league position, and neither of us actually knows what went on. As a matter of fairness, the penalty could not be administered last season as there was insufficient time for a review, and such a review ultimately resulted with a 6 point deduction and not 12! Yes, it's possible the club would not have even saught an appeal had we been safe, but considering we're talking about a club which didn't even manage to sell a stadium in the correct year, and whose owner is stubborn, I wouldn't be surprised if Chansiri appealed it even if we were safe, on principle alone.

You could make a MUCH better argument that the EFL are responsible, because had there been just a 6 point deduction to begin with, it could also have been applied last season without ill-effect.

Meanwhile, Chansiri brought in a new manager and didn't ensure he had sufficient coaching support. That was criminal decision making from Chansiri. While Monk may have agreed to go along with the plan, Chansiri allowed for it.

Also, it was clearly the belief of the independent panel that the EFL were trying to relegate us, so it's not hard to imagine a situation where if we'd have been deducted an amount which wouldn't see us relegated, the EFL would appeal in order to get a harsher sanction, thus tying the whole thing up in red tape and spilling into this season again.

By the time the EFL tried to pursue a punishment, the time scales were too tight to apply a sanction last season.