Garry Monk “there were a lot of things wrong at SWFC”

38 minutes ago, andytrig said:

Garry Monk - failed

Tony Pulis - failed

Neil Thompson - failed

Darren Moore - struggling

Yep you're right it's the managers that are all wrong and at fault, not the awful culture and mismanagement of the club that's to blame.....

I don't think Moore is struggling, he's just picking up the pieces of cr@p he has been left to deal with from an inept chairman and the dire state recruitment has left us in.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

You are joking ???.Oh yes he really was...Shocking...appointment...Decimated the squad over 3 win dows,dropped all the bad eggs who we now know wernt that bad at all...A Chancer...

Billy big boll ox....

How can you say he wasn't...

M'eh

UTO

Decimated the squad? 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

skysports-garry-monk-sheffield_5167216.jpg

“The only mistake I feel I’ve made in terms of the decision to take a job has been Sheffield Wednesday,” he said, “Because it’s the only one where I knew in my heart before I took it that there were a lot of things wrong there.

“I think the reason why I took it was because of all the bullshit that Dong (Xuandong Ren, the chief executive) had said at Birmingham about me, publicly. I thought, ‘I’ve got to get back in to prove that wrong’.”

Felt he shouldn't have taken it in the first place.

Decided to plough on and dig a greater hole rather than quit on his principle that he shouldn't have taken it though.

Great work Garry, thanks.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Felt he shouldn't have taken it in the first place.

Decided to plough on and dig a greater hole rather than quit on his principle that he shouldn't have taken it though.

Great work Garry, thanks.

The anger should be at the person who's making the place wrong in the first place

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

35 minutes ago, tomhollywood said:

Everyone in this thread choosing to slate Monk is boring.

Regardless of how poor he did, it's yet another person in the world of football that is highlighting how bad things are behind the scenes.

Club is clearly dying behind the scenes.

It's depressing.

We know, and he is right.

Doesn't mean he was doing a good job of leading the first team in spite of all the issues our managers face. 

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The anger should be at the person who's making the place wrong in the first place

It is, doesn't mean those that have contributed will get a pat on the back for pointing this out. 

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

3rd -> 18th in 3 months last year. Deduction carried over as a result. We’ll see how significant that is if we’re relegated by less than 6pts.

Remember to factor in ALL the points Mr Pulis lost us - especially as so many said he was the saviour.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Andrew6666 said:

Remember to factor in ALL the points Mr Pulis lost us - especially as so many said he was the saviour.

and Monk didn’t lose us points? ..as we lost to Luton, Rotherham, and Wycombe all in the same week without scoring a single goal. All our managers are guilty in different ways. So is the chairman. So are the players.

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We know, and he is right.

Doesn't mean he was doing a good job of leading the first team in spite of all the issues our managers face. 

Agreed. I don't think the thread is meant to about discussing his managerial prowess though or lack of it as we've had hundreds of them.

It's to highlight that yet another professional within our domestic game is commenting publicly that we have massive issues behind the scenes.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

IMO Monk saying he decided to take the job just to prove some kind of personal point to his previous boss (despite knowing there were issues at the club) demonstrates his ego and poor decision-making. Sounds like he took the job for all the wrong reasons 

Very much so - there's a fine line between using the idea of proving people wrong as motivation, to it in fact clouding your judgement and so on.  Only Monk could get tell you whether that happened or not, but he's hinting at it here.

And to then loop it back around, it speaks volumes that the only manager we were seemingly able to get to come work for us at the time was someone who, actually, didn't really want to be here in the first place.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tomhollywood said:

Agreed. I don't think the thread is meant to about discussing his managerial prowess though or lack of it as we've had hundreds of them.

It's to highlight that yet another professional within our domestic game is commenting publicly that we have massive issues behind the scenes.

Fair enough, but it is no surprise either when fans point out that he wasn't entirely blameless for our results & performances. He points out that his big mistake was taking the job in the first place, does he acknowledge anywhere that he made other mistakes or is he simply commenting on this in order to account for one of the biggest failures on his CV as he tries to get back into work, because there have been plenty of jobs available around this level recently and he hasn't been considered to be the right man for any of them