Garry Monk “there were a lot of things wrong at SWFC”

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

We had some excellent results under Monk as well, including winning at Premier League Brighton away.

Moore will do as well as Monk did here, assuming he is subject to the same 'working conditions'.  

Moore is already on his way to doing better than Monk. We’ve scored nearly half as many goals at home in 4 games under him than we did in 20 odd under Monk. Positivity in approach and togetherness in contrast to negativity and divisiveness. You just can’t compare the two managers in approach, they’re polar opposites.

2 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Good post and whilst I agree with you. Darren Moore has had the benefit of being able to bring his own team in with him from the start. Monk wasn't given that opportunity for far too long and he was effectively on his own.

It's been quite clear that despite DMs absence due to covid his team know exactly how he works and his methodology enabling a consistent message and method from his whole team.

Whilst Monks time wasn't anything special I'm convinced we would have been clear from relegation by now.

That said I think we'll still have been average next season had monk remained and we need to aim higher than average.

I think in the long run DM will prove to be a better proposition as far as ambition and progression.

There's too many what ifs for monk. I do feel a little sorry for him. He was here at the wrong time and who knows what he could have done with full backing from the off.

Well summed up. I think you are exactly right there. Hopefully Darren Moore's nature will rub off a bit on the chairman too and get him backing Moore player wise.

90% of what every team does each week is what they do on the training ground but you do not get 5-0 games very often. Everything just fell into place for us and they showed us that on screen with the stats. I thought that Mick McCarthy summed it up perfectly with his after match interview. Those things do happen. 

Hopefully DM will znap them out of thinking it was easy and make them realise that they will have to try even harder against QPR now, just to get a 1-0 win! 

UTO!

• Like 1