Garry Monk “there were a lot of things wrong at SWFC”

Guess we’ll never know what happened

His tenure started off quite well tbh, but something must have gone off after Christmas last year. You don’t go from 3rd in the league, start freezing out players and nearly end up going down in the space of 4 months 

• Like 1

tomhollywood has it bang on IMO. Regardless of opinions on his management skills, what GM has said about the club is surely undeniable.

I don't have the slightest issue with this. He was being interviewed, got asked about his time here and answered the question honestly. Fine by me.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

3rd -> 18th in 3 months last year. Deduction carried over as a result. We’ll see how significant that is if we’re relegated by less than 6pts.

Oh right, I forgot that Monk is responsible for our points deduction... 

:ghoulguy:

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Django said:

Guess we’ll never know what happened

His tenure started off quite well tbh, but something must have gone off after Christmas last year. You don’t go from 3rd in the league, start freezing out players and nearly end up going down in the space of 4 months 

It's just not possible for that to be the managers fault 

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

tomhollywood has it bang on IMO. Regardless of opinions on his management skills, what GM has said about the club is surely undeniable.

I don't have the slightest issue with this. He was being interviewed, got asked about his time here and answered the question honestly. Fine by me.

All he has said is that there were a lot of things wrong.

We don't need Sherlock Holmes on the case to be able to work that out! 

1 hour ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Talk about 2+2 = 436

Jeez

Well no it isn’t, because if he hadn’t been receiving ‘bullsh!t’ he would have never taken it. So he took it knowing he wasn’t up to the task and to shove it in that chairman’s face 

Edited by Huncho

Guest wilyfox
20 minutes ago, bobness said:

Oh right, I forgot that Monk is responsible for our points deduction... 

:ghoulguy:

for it being applied this season rather than last, he is.

2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Ex-employee blames the company they worked for, well that's never happened before.

To be fair to him, I do think he was making inroads to the issues at the club and if he had stayed, we wouldn't have suffered the horrendous run we had under Pulis.

The Pulis experiment was the worst of the lot. He thought he could recruit in January for whatever reason,  and slated the quality of the players, as well as hoping for a 0-0 as a good result until the turn of the year 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Huncho said:

Well no it isn’t, because if he hadn’t been receiving ‘bullsh!t’ he would have never taken it. So he took it knowing he wasn’t up to the task and to shove it in that chairman’s face 

I don't think 

1. He took the job knowing he wasn't up to task.

2.  He wasn't invested.

Neither of those points are made in the 2 line opening post you've added your own narrative about what you want to believe his motivations were.

The only facts we can say about his statement posted is

1. He had concerns about coming here.

2. His motivation was to prove doubters wrong.

Football is full of people wanting to prove doubters wrong, it's not really a stick to beat anyone with, and having doubts coming here? He's someone on a very long list.  To my knowledge the following people have said there's stuff going on at Wednesday that isn't normal

Carlos

Monk

Bruce

Pulis

Cowley

Newsome

Carlton

Some obviously in the know more than others

Edited by Gob_Bluth

Guest wilyfox
Just now, @owlstalk said:

No. 
He really isn't

- 3rd -> 18th in 3 months

- 18pts 2nd half of season

- froze players out

- players out of position

- no creativity

- dismal goal return

- crap recruitment

Our form under him was so shít the independent panel took pity on us and carried it over. 5 more points and we’d have taken it on the chin and moved on.

8 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Our form under him was so shít the independent panel took pity on us and carried it over. 5 more points and we’d have taken it on the chin and moved on.

Garry Monk and his actions didn't get us a 12 point deduction

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest T Hardy
40 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's just not possible for that to be the managers fault 

I hold Chansiri 100% responsible for the position we are in, but a squad and a manager going from 3rd at Christmas to 16th by the end of the season.. something can’t be right in the dressing room there. However I’d put more blame with the players than I would GM, so I think I agree with you 

Edited by T Hardy

Guest wilyfox
8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Garry Monk and his actions didn't get us a 12 point deduction

You’re twisting what I said - and you know it.