Garry Monk “there were a lot of things wrong at SWFC”

Monk turns up with no staff does rubbish 

Monk gets all his staff does rubbish 

Full of 5h1t that guy 

I feel sorry for the next set of fans who have to listen to utter drivel 

Terrible coach whose achieved absolutely nothing 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

If there were a lot of things wrong then why take the job? 

Guess he thought at time it was a gamble worth taking.

He was unlikely to get a bigger club then Wednesday.

Think he was an average manager but was right about well paid players we had who were living off reputation still from 2016.

8 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Yep totally..

Look at the quaility of players we had pre-Monk and the gash he brought in..Why do you think we are where we are now??Bar the 6 points we would still be fighting for Championship survival...

Or do you think with 6 points added back,we would be pushing playoffs??...

You think MONK did that???

REALLY??

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Sticky Micky said:

Monk turns up with no staff does rubbish 

Monk gets all his staff does rubbish 

Full of 5h1t that guy 

I feel sorry for the next set of fans who have to listen to utter drivel 

Terrible coach whose achieved absolutely nothing 

Your tactic of just slating everyone is the safest type of opinion to have

Slate anyone and everyone then point to yourself being right when they leave

Anyone can do that

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Monk sure likes falling out with people doesn't he.

This Dong fella, Pep Clotet, Steve Gibson, half our first team squad.....the list goes on. 

Still his point about problems behind the scenes is pretty much to be expected. We know they are there and we know they are stopping us from having any kind of success.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

If you think Monk had anything to do with that, then you'll love the story I've got for you about a rabbit that visits and delivered chocolate eggs every year around March/April, even better is the one about the fat bloke in the red suit who comes around Xmas time

Dont know what you are on about m8...

Eh?????over my head....

But you think Monk has nothing to do with the players we have now and the position we are in???

Stick to what ever you are drinking m8 and i'll have 2 pints too..Cheers..

UTO

51 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I don't think 

1. He took the job knowing he wasn't up to task.

2.  He wasn't invested.

Neither of those points are made in the 2 line opening post you've added your own narrative about what you want to believe his motivations were.

The only facts we can say about his statement posted is

1. He had concerns about coming here.

2. His motivation was to prove doubters wrong.

Football is full of people wanting to prove doubters wrong, it's not really a stick to beat anyone with, and having doubts coming here? He's someone on a very long list.  To my knowledge the following people have said there's stuff going on at Wednesday that isn't normal

Carlos

Monk

Bruce

Pulis

Cowley

Newsome

Carlton

Some obviously in the know more than others

He knew it was a shitshow and took it regardless as a middle finger to his old chairman. So essentially went in with a defeatist attitude. You could hear it in his interviews almost straight away. So imagine the effect that would have had on the environment? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Dont know what you are on about m8...

Eh?????over my head....

But you think Monk has nothing to do with the players we have now and the position we are in???

Stick to what ever you are drinking m8 and i'll have 2 pints too..Cheers..

UTO

I'm saying if you think Monk had anything to do with the players going in or out then you'll probably believe in the Easter bunny or Santa Claus

Monk had no say in who came in or out, we replaced high earners with lower earners, it's going to continue long after Monk has left, just wait and see

1 minute ago, Huncho said:

He knew it was a shitshow and took it regardless as a middle finger to his old chairman. So essentially went in with a defeatist attitude. You could hear it in his interviews almost straight away. So imagine the effect that would have had on the environment? 

More unsubstantiated waffle

6 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Yep totally..

Look at the quaility of players we had pre-Monk and the gash he brought in..Why do you think we are where we are now??Bar the 6 points we would still be fighting for Championship survival...

Or do you think with 6 points added back,we would be pushing playoffs??...

Our wage bill was well over 150% of our revenue for a number of years.. Why do you think we got a 12 point deduction?

Do you think running with one of the highest wage bills in the league but with a pitiful commercial revenue income as well as poor match day revenue is a sustainable way to run a football club?

Quality of players we had pre monk? You think we should have kept the likes of FF on £30k a week so he can go skipping full time? Maybe kept Keiren Lee who barely played for two years and now has a serious hip condition, or maybe Sam winnall and nuhiu who are now tearing it up in oxford and Cyprus. 
Maybe we should have extended hutch’s contract even though since he’s been back he’s hobbled around like Geriatric and is now injured again.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You think MONK did that???

REALLY??

Did he not say,"I look at players who I want,give the list to upstairs and they try and get them in for me"...

If he didn't do it,then who was it?please enlighten me??...

He couldnt even get out of contract players to re-sign who said they wanted to stay here.

He bombed players out who got put straight back in team and even resigned.... 

He had the worst run ever in history of our club..

No GARRY did nothing wrong...

What are you on m8??..

Seriously look at facts l,he was a disaster left to long in a job way to big for him.Id say a chancer who falls out with alot of people..

1 minute ago, Huncho said:

And what makes yours substantiated. I’m assuming you know Monk personally? 

Because I'm looking at what he said.

He knew there were problems, he took it to prove the old chairman wrong - thats what he said, I'm pointing that out, no more no less

All the guff about not being interested, coming in with a defeatist attitude, that's your opinion, there's no evidence to prove any of that. You don't know his motivations or reasons, none of us do

2 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Because I'm looking at what he said.

He knew there were problems, he took it to prove the old chairman wrong - thats what he said, I'm pointing that out, no more no less

All the guff about not being interested, coming in with a defeatist attitude, that's your opinion, there's no evidence to prove any of that. You don't know his motivations or reasons, none of us do

Fair enough. I’ve just not heard of many managers who took a job knowing in their heart it wasn’t feasible, and also to get back at a chairman. I guess people will read that article in different ways. 

10 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I'm saying if you think Monk had anything to do with the players going in or out then you'll probably believe in the Easter bunny or Santa Claus

Monk had no say in who came in or out, we replaced high earners with lower earners, it's going to continue long after Monk has left, just wait and see

Yes i get that m8,really do,cut cloth accordingly but,when people say he was blameless of where we find ourselves now and he comes out with statements like he has pointing finger and saying basically job was crap but,i took it any way etc,the blokes got a very high opi ion of him self and so have others on here.He was shocking,shocking man management,no ideas,and a chancer to try and prove a point by using our club..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

Any manager who played Fernando Foresteri at LB doesn’t deserve the time of day 

Lol...exactly..

Forgot about that...lol..

Worse manager in our history fact,no matter what cards he was dealt,even Jos has a better record.How any of you can defend the guy.

UTO